[SVN] Construction Bug

Prodigal Son

I just played a bit with the latest SVN build and there seems to be a random bug with construction. A house and a storehouse wouldn't progress past 1 hit point. Re-tasking the builders on the foundation doesn't help, but building new structures works.

Edit: Seems to happen with more structures as well ( a couple of farmsteads so far).

Edited by Prodigal Son
  • Thanks 1

It happens to my recent game to when I noticed my ally AI was trying to build a storehouse. When a CC is erected the fog of war is removed all over up to the border so in my case it’s not just the fog of war. 

Wow’s case happens to the same recent game I had where in a house stays at 1 HP while my builder is trying to build it near a dead sheep. I redirected my cavalry away from gathering it and tried to continue rebuilding the house to no avail. Recent update. 

• Thanks 1

It happened playing as the Kushites. As the game went on with more structures than I mentioned, including CC's and towers. My AI Seleucid ally had a similar issue, with a tower stuck almost halfway done, perhaps cause I assisted with it's construction (but I'm not sure if it stuck at the point I started assisting). I didn't save the replay, but should be my last game played, would it be accessible?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

It happened playing as the Kushites. As the game went on with more structures than I mentioned, including CC's and towers. My AI Seleucid ally had a similar issue, with a tower stuck almost halfway done, perhaps cause I assisted with it's construction (but I'm not sure if it stuck at the point I started assisting). I didn't save the replay, but should be my last game played, would it be accessible?

All replays are saved automatically.

The bug if it is also happened to me from partially built. I noticed my Kushite ally has a house at 40 HP and 113 HP. The barracks at 1 HP but noticed when I tried to help it build my units are inside the barracks border (seems too much inside) as it differs I think on some other factions. 

31 minutes ago, Servo said:

The bug if it is also happened to me from partially built. I noticed my Kushite ally has a house at 40 HP and 113 HP. The barracks at 1 HP but noticed when I tried to help it build my units are inside the barracks border (seems too much inside) as it differs I think on some other factions. 

The bug also happens when your building has been scouted by another guy. Which means it can block building even if it started.

Ok. AFAIK fog of war is the black color of the map that is unexplored or out of LOS of units or structures. If a CC is built freshly any area within its inside that is unexplored or outside unit/structure LOS is considered a fog of war area? If that’s the case then fog of war  is affecting this error.

Another thing that I noticed lately is if no unit or structure LOS is in effect near the foundation build area the same bug happens too. For now if I want to build a structure I have to move the builder near the area which I intend to build if it’s outside any LOS. 

Edited by Servo

6 hours ago, Servo said:

I don’t want to open another thread just curious why when I resigned then check the AI movements I noticed that my two opponents which were green (Romans) and yellow (Gauls) both of their colors became green.

You probably had diplomacy colors on. Observers see every team with the same color, so if it was a game of blue + red vs yellow + green, the first two might both be blue and the second two might both be green.

• Like 1