Citizens

wowgetoffyourcellphone

33 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

For the male and female see the way I did it for the carthaginian citizen I fixed in one of my pull requests :D

Is there a better base we can use than the Trader? It offsets the male and female actors. :)

Shame the voices will have to be male or female for now until such differentiation is possible.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

Removing female-only citizens is a chore, but will streamline the economy. It was too convoluted with both male and female citizens and male and female slaves. lol

Doing Kushites and Athenians first. The other civs will probably be broken for a while.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

Just now, stanislas69 said:

So you are in the get rid of citizen soldier group now ? :P

DE got rid of the citizen-soldier concept months ago. :) The "regular" soldiers are called citizens only because they have the Slave Ownership aura and can still build, like the Norse from Age of Mythology. They don't gather resources at all.

I DE played many hours before until there was bug on fort garrison. Pretty cool and smooth though. 

The big problem that I notice is that the AI can’t produce more glory and if they do or can is only if they kill. They don’t make statuses. Since glory is a huge requirement to probably advancement or on some needed tech their units or they could not muster pre programmed units to mount a huge army attack. 

You can build or capture economic structures too and it stays with the player even if not garrisoned (won’t turn into Gaia). In 0abc mod these structures can be garrisoned to avoid turning into Gaia. But would it be better that as long as the structure is within the captors LOS it should not turn into Gaia even if not garrisoned. Therefore as such a useful structure on a neutral territory could change hands more often but quite realistic and fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 8:20 AM, Servo said:

I DE played many hours before until there was bug on fort garrison. Pretty cool and smooth though. 

Thanks! I wonder which maps you tried. I suggest sticking to Skirmish maps, since I have no idea how to add a lot of the features [like special starting structures] to random maps.

The big problem that I notice is that the AI can’t produce more glory and if they do or can is only if they kill. They don’t make statuses. Since glory is a huge requirement to probably advancement or on some needed tech their units or they could not muster pre programmed units to mount a huge army attack. 

@mimo has made some tweaks to the AI in the past in order to better support mods. I certainly don't expect him to do much more than that of course. But some time ago I asked him about supporting things like Farmlands and he was somewhat receptive, even if suggesting that it would have to wait until beta or later, which I am fine with. The best civ for AI Glory gathering is the Han, because they have a reuirement to build X number of statues to get to the next age, so this gets them plenty of Glory in the long run. Also, Ptolemies get a free Glory Statue at the beginning of the match, so they do better for Glory generation too. 

You can build or capture economic structures too and it stays with the player even if not garrisoned (won’t turn into Gaia). In 0abc mod these structures can be garrisoned to avoid turning into Gaia. But would it be better that as long as the structure is within the captors LOS it should not turn into Gaia even if not garrisoned. Therefore as such a useful structure on a neutral territory could change hands more often but quite realistic and fine. 

Storehouses and Farmsteads in DE cannot be captured, so perhaps you have a different mod selected. ;) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

@mimo has made some tweaks to the AI in the past in order to better support mods. I certainly don't expect him to do much more than that of course. But some time ago I asked him about supporting things like Farmlands and he was somewhat receptive, even if suggesting that it would have to wait until beta or later, which I am fine with. The best civ for AI Glory gathering is the Han, because they have a reuirement to build X number of statues to get to the next age, so this gets them plenty of Glory in the long run. Also, Ptolemies get a free Glory Statue at the beginning of the match, so they do better for Glory generation too. 

Yes, as you said, i've not enough time to support mods. But this feature looks simple enough to implement, and here is a patch which should do that. It is basically untested (i've only checked that it compiles), but can be a starting point if you or somebody else want to fix/improve it. Also, as i've no idea how many statues are enough, and i've put a max of 5, but change it to an adequate value (that max number is not used when phase requirements).

cultStatue-v1.patch

• Like 3

@wowgetoffyourcellphone I use wololo to capture structures and units. 

I think the fort garrison is already fixed. It happened on Kushite Civ.

I maybe off topic on this but I hope if DE will be updated when you capture a unit for example a Roman CS they should be able to build their own structures. I’m sure this was or will be removed on A23 as I tried it on SVN. For SP games this feature is really nice as some gamers (like me) could still be immersed and have fun building a nice base/empire. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, mimo said:

Yes, as you said, i've not enough time to support mods. But this feature looks simple enough to implement, and here is a patch which should do that. It is basically untested (i've only checked that it compiles), but can be a starting point if you or somebody else want to fix/improve it. Also, as i've no idea how many statues are enough, and i've put a max of 5, but change it to an adequate value (that max number is not used when phase requirements).

cultStatue-v1.patch

I forgot about this. Would this patch be compatible with A23? 

• Like 1