Uncapturable siege engine

MlemandPurrs

Im not sure if this is a bug or feature, still here is what happent:

So i was playing Spartans and there was 5 Bolt throwers before the gates shelling at my Tower, unloaded the Hoplites from the tower to attack those siege weapons in melee, except the hoplites wanted to capture them. They tried but the blue bar of those siege machines always instantly refilled to 500.

Range sieges like bolt shooters and catapults are hard to capture when unpacked or deployed. Needs more units to do it. Better destroy it with few melee units. When not deployed it’s more quicker to capture with few units.  Rams are not capturable afaik. Siege towers are capturable too but harder if units are garrisoned. 

Defense towers as well as structures that can be garrisoned are hard to capture too. Try to read the capture abilities of units and non organic military/structures to give you idea on strategy. My style is if the blue thing keeps on increasing back that means it has garrison and the units needed to capture has less ability to do the task. 

One good technique when playing against bots are the outposts. Seems to me that they are very hard to capture and the bots are always trying to capture it rather than destroy.

Edited by Servo
  • Like 2