Rome Total War II Desert kingdoms

@Lion.Kanzen Hmmm... They just reused the content from the free mods, which in themselves are just reskins, and slapped a price on it...

Concept art is cool though:

6qS99BkiJZoCXJfaGHEULS.thumb.jpg.86571a5c616682217fb69f27d0a1124f.jpg

Their Lion-dude looks a lot like a combination of our own lion-dude and our full scale armour hero...

comparison.thumb.jpg.01215386c85f408f3602d12f4cb283db.jpg

But it's not like I haven't shared Total War (mod) references here :P 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

@Lion.Kanzen Hmmm... They just reused the content from the free mods, which in themselves are just reskins, and slapped a price on it...

Concept art is cool though:

6qS99BkiJZoCXJfaGHEULS.thumb.jpg.86571a5c616682217fb69f27d0a1124f.jpg

Their Lion-dude looks a lot like a combination of our own lion-dude and our full scale armour hero...

comparison.thumb.jpg.01215386c85f408f3602d12f4cb283db.jpg

But it's not like I haven't shared Total War (mod) references here :P 

That the good, i need  to admit I like action trailer of TW. those guys being attacked in an ambush

---

What about these ladies.

Total War: Rome II se ampliará en marzo con el pack Culturas Reinos del Desierto y sus cuatro facciones nuevas

--------------

18 minutes ago, Skhorn said:

Perhaps they are spying us :ninja:

I think is because the huge references the forum have. not only Kushites, I try to select the best and rare references to share wirh you guys.

many users  can find our game searching in Google like me in 2004. my input was "Roman strategy game".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skhorn said:

Perhaps they are spying us :ninja:

Just now, Lion.Kanzen said:

I think is because the huge references the forum have. not only Kushites, I try to select the best and rare references to share wirh you guys.

many users  can find our game searching in Google like me in 2004. my input was "Roman strategy game".

Exactly... When it comes to Kushites it's impossible not to come across this forum when you're doing a bit of in depth searching. And indeed, by no means is it limited to the Kushites. When I'm searching for good reference stuff for other 0AD factions, much of the best stuff redirects back to some thread on this very forum, lol...

Anyway, I have my suspicions about Civ VI and their "Nubians" as well... :glare:

Hey, it's open-source and I don't own most of the reference material anyway, so who cares, right...

What I don't get about Total War is that they have such beautiful models, yet increasingly negligent in the historicity department. It's like historical-fantasy now... 

Those female archers? Sexy, but what's the source, other than that one dude saying their women also fought (which I believe, but that doesn't mean you know what they looked like). Why do they use falcatas? Why does the female swordswoman (?) carry a Touareg hide shield? Why do Kushites employ Greeks in giant towered African war-elephants of the large bush-elephant type? I'm going to lose my @#$% over those zebra hide shields... Nabatean cavalry uses Seleucid horse-crown? Sabaeans look like Hellenised Persians... And that's just the intro-video..

I'd be more impressed if they didn't just try to monetise free mods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

together Xena with warrior princess.

Hahahahahahaha, OMG, Xena.... The Warrior Princess! I grew up watching the series :lol2:... And Hercules, The Legendary Journeys... And both series crossed over! God, I could still enjoy those when I was a little kid. Funny stuff to rewatch today...

160314-news-xena.thumb.jpg.fa78a96e405f2b22cb4ba3d6fd9cf6bf.jpg

And let's not forget Gabrielle!

xena-gabrielle-lovewins.jpg.94f4456bf497f66a2a52f4a3e9a88396.jpg

Hercules and his trusty friend Ioulaus!

herculesbu0.jpg.18726af3957744c9d9a9fa5318c87ca5.jpg

Xena_and_Herc.thumb.jpg.3fd449dd624c606fd38a7df65d43ae5c.jpg

17 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

That series have everything. the feel of ancient world (Conan style) give idea how funny and diverse could be.

Yeah, they were all over the place, those series! From the minotaur of Crete, to centaurs and Amazons, titans and harpies, gods like Poseidon, and Ares and Hera, to Roman legions, barbarian warlords, ancient China and the underworld! Remember Callisto? She was sooo bad! Funny memories coming back.. Lots of fun mythology though... Good for kids! Good laugh for adults... And that "low-key" lesbian vibe between Xena and Gabrielle throughout the entire series... lol! I think that's what attracted a lot of fathers... They were like "oh, but the kids really like this show", lol!

Callisto, that actores look dome crazy. I mean she have  a expressive face and her eyes. she is very histrionic.

But they aren't so wrong with amazons customs, if you related them with Scythians or Xiongnu. 

Spoiler

Image result for amazons xena

For kids is good thing, because they can learn the cultures around the world and their myths.

Its interesting they later introduce angel culture.

Image result for angel xena

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

she is very histrionic.

Now I honestly thought you were just making up words...

Spoiler

histrionic 

hɪstrɪˈɒnɪk/

adjective

excessively theatrical or dramatic in character or style.

"a histrionic outburst"

synonyms: melodramatic, theatrical, affected, dramatic, exaggerated, actorly, actressy, stagy, showy, artificial, overacted, overdone, unnatural, mannered, stilted, unreal; 

noun

melodramatic behaviour designed to attract attention.

"by now, Anna was accustomed to her mother's histrionics"

synonyms:dramatics, drama, theatrics, theatricality, tantrums;

archaic

an actor.

1 hour ago, Sundiata said:

Now I honestly thought you were just making up words...

Reveal hidden contents

histrionic 

hɪstrɪˈɒnɪk/

adjective

excessively theatrical or dramatic in character or style.

"a histrionic outburst"

synonyms: melodramatic, theatrical, affected, dramatic, exaggerated, actorly, actressy, stagy, showy, artificial, overacted, overdone, unnatural, mannered, stilted, unreal; 

noun

melodramatic behaviour designed to attract attention.

"by now, Anna was accustomed to her mother's histrionics"

synonyms:dramatics, drama, theatrics, theatricality, tantrums;

archaic

an actor.

Yeah, it's a proper word which entered English in the Renaissance; Latin histrio means “actor”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nescio said:

Yeah, it's a proper word which entered English in the Renaissance; Latin histrio means “actor”.

Thank you for saving me. histrionic(in many film  is the skill to being an actor. I mean  perform  several emotion, or expression using the corporal language.

Is a technical word, that's why is not common in Spanish and English.

I found a good reference.

The most common use of this adjective is given in the world of entertainment. It is considered that the histrionic actors are those who manage to entertain the audience with their words, their gestures and their bodily movements. Jack Nicholson and Jim Carrey are two Hollywood stars who are often noted for their histrionics.

the common use is less simple.(english) however in Spanish only I saw this used by film criticism.

http://www.wordreference.com/es/translation.asp?tranword=histrionic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

A Nubian/Kush style series similar to Xena would work well. Imagine a Candace forced to abdicate her position by a corrupt priesthood or some other similar premise. So Candace wanders the earth on adventures. 

:brow:

"Shanak, the Warrior Kandake"  (from Queen Shanakhdakheto)

Spoiler

gina-torres-cleopatra-in-xena-4.thumb.jpg.0e51b903c4760a0d57066c40a4a99c5d.jpg

Nubian-Queen-3032.jpg.17891af089935b9fa1e4d9f42e52148f.jpg

queens_of_nubinora_by_mitchfoust-d825ft4.thumb.jpg.a75b59d0d6f3f2951180ca69600dee52.jpg

586521919.thumb.jpg.68e457ea69ed3e35d800df8e63fc0c60.jpg

5ba232e47ca0a64e507d4bf33399cbdc.thumb.jpg.08302897bded40cc2a116cb06688df01.jpg

c91929f961195c7d770898587ee46cbd.thumb.jpg.780aeeccf4bb24a02bd7bc99fcea7754.jpg

931cde5fa1c6b5881469983959b8600b.thumb.jpg.49025d6456deffdd1146321322c1fb7e.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2018 at 12:15 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

190904.jpg

Amazon.thumb.jpg.9170e43d35f265f5f73382f49c5825b1.jpg

Scythian champion unit, Amazon cavalry?!

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141029-amazons-scythians-hunger-games-herodotus-ice-princess-tattoo-cannabis/

Also:

Tomris.thumb.jpg.3d9d493756d68df07e1835813092772e.jpg

Tomyris (/ˈtmɪrɪs/; from Eastern Iranian: تهم‌رییش Tahm-Rayiš),[1] also called Thomyris, Tomris, Tomiride, or Queen Tomiri, was a Massagetean ruler who reigned over the Massagetae, an Iranian people from Scythian pastoral-nomadic confederation of Central Asia east of the Caspian Sea, in parts of modern-day Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, western Uzbekistan, and southern Kazakhstan.[2][3][4][5] Tomyris led her armies to defend against an attack by Cyrus the Great of the Achaemenid Empire, and defeated and killed him in 530 BC (although this is debatable since Herodotus mentions that this was only one of many stories relating Cyrus the Great's death).

Tomyris is mentioned by several ancient writers, among whom the first is Herodotus. She is also mentioned by Strabo, Polyaenus, Cassiodorus, and Jordanes.

Scythian Hero unit??

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Don't we have a Scythians topic? 

Tomyris would definitely be a hero unit. Regarding "Amazons" I think simply having some units be dual-gendered [like Delenda Est's Citizens and Slaves] would be enough to represent female Scythian warriors. I don't think they should be some separate unit.

In Delenda Est forum.