Reimbursment of expenses for FOSDEM 2018

Itms

Dear members of the treasury committee,

Following FOSDEM 2018 which took place this weekend, with five of the team members attending, please find attached the details of expenses engaged for the event.

We are looking forward to reading your reply and we are happy to answer any additional question you might have.
Itms, on behalf of the attendees.

FOSDEM.pdf

Edited by Itms
Updated version 2018-02-08
  • Like 1

Thank you for the praise ^_^

9 hours ago, Jeru said:

I just wish to verify that you have receipts for everything. SPI will not reimburse you otherwise.

I have all my receipts and the other attendees should as well. We will send those by PM as they contain personal information.

In previous events where all the travel was within Europe, the treasury committee has given sums of about EUR 150 per participant, plus about EUR 100 for promotional materials. 

This request for EUR 462.80 is well in line with this rough rule of thumb, given the large number of 0 A.D. delegates at FOSDEM this year, which stands at five. 

I also think our fiscal situation allows for this "ad hoc" expense. We have about USD 28,000, with about USD 1,000 spent every year on hosting. (In terms of Euros, those sums are equivalent to about EUR 23,000 and about EUR 800 respectively.) Until we do build a budget, I think we should reimburse the attendees.

Therefore, I vote in favor of this proposal.

@feneur @MishFTW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Although Erik and I are in favor, I will still tag @MishFTW one more time.

---

In the mean time, I am attaching a link to SPI's reimbursement request form: http://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/SPI_reimbursement_request.pdf

Unfortunately there is a USD 22 charge for outgoing wire transfers charged by SPI's international payment system, so it is best to minimize the number of transfers.

I suggest we reimburse one participant for the FOSDEM expenses and that person would then transmit the money to the other participants with their respective shares.

• Like 8

Apologies everyone, I am away on spring break right now. 

I consent to the reimbursement for this trip. I am glad we were able to represent 5 members!

In general I am quite busy at University at the moment, so I think it would be best if someone else who is more active in the community and staff take my role on the Treasury Committee. 

• Like 6

On 02/03/2018 at 11:06 AM, Jeru said:

I suggest we reimburse one participant for the FOSDEM expenses and that person would then transmit the money to the other participants with their respective shares.

Considering I am the one getting most of the reimbursement, I propose myself. I pledge to transmit the money that goes to other people as soon as I receive it.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...