Playing Yourself

Diana_CT

I read one of the posts that you can play yourself by using the IP address 127.0.0.1

Can you do that? And if so how do you go about it?

I am playing on  Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on a Toshiba Satellite U845W and Ubuntu is loaded on a 128G USB drive. I am using an ARRIS - SURFboard cable modem

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Diana_CT said:

Can you control the oppositions?

Build their army's and the city?

Do you mean,  taking control on the AI? If that's so, i don't think so, afaik. If you want the AI to build by its own, set it on Petra and pick easy or another one, if you want it no to do anything, pick sandbox (But i'm not pretty sure if the Ai won't do anything on sandbox difficulty)

Just click within the gear in the middle, and the config panel will pop up

Spoiler

5a712b5b48cc2_Screenshotfrom2018-01-3021-34-28.png.16e33b17208a8449cbb251e66adf0bbd.png

Edited by Skhorn

You could do this a different way that wouldn't require you to run two instances of 0ad. 

Start a single player match and setup Player 2 with whatever civ and team you wish and start the game. Then press alt+d to bring up the developer overlay. Now choose 'change perspective' in the dev overlay and you can select Player 2 in the dropdown on the panel at the top of the screen. Then choose 'control all units' in the dev overlay and now you can control this player also. You can switch back and forth between players whenever you like.

• Like 7

On 1/30/2018 at 9:39 PM, user1 said:

You could do this a different way that wouldn't require you to run two instances of 0ad. 

Start a single player match and setup Player 2 with whatever civ and team you wish and start the game. Then press alt+d to bring up the developer overlay. Now choose 'change perspective' in the dev overlay and you can select Player 2 in the dropdown on the panel at the top of the screen. Then choose 'control all units' in the dev overlay and now you can control this player also. You can switch back and forth between players whenever you like.

It works !

It does just what I wanted, thank you.

• Like 1