===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update

Alexandermb

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

They have been pierced by the giant scythe they would need a chariot re-mesh same as the trader horses, or for an easier work, made a curved harness to add above the saddle and keep it stationary. the size difference between the old horses and this one is noticeable that why it looks pierced.

Update**
Horse_new.7z

• Fixed the separation between armor and horse

image.png.42e448164785d17b0f56a177cc9eb5af.png

Don't forget the not-armor color band too. ;) I think it just needs pushed back, as I think it's supposed to look like it tucks under the saddle cloth.

screenshot1335.png

While you're at it, could you also fix the camel (ptol cavalry [sic] archer) rider's legs?

5a081d011ae34_Screenshotfrom2017-11-1210-56-54.png.990f11e78626615dfa711c37f5e3b684.png

As you can see the warrior is standing inside his dromedary. He's supposed to sit on the camel with his legs crossed:

Dubai_camel_race.jpg

11 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Seleucid cataphracts would have looked almost exactly like this:

Full barding wouldn't come until the Parthians.

For Hellenized Greek cataphracts this is probably appropiate, yes, although it would be nice if it would extent a bit further back and if the ends would visibly meet together behind the horse's neck.

However, the Scythians seem to have had fully armoured cataphracts before 500 BC, and potentially the Armenian cataphract tradition did too. Personally I'd like to see Cappadocian cavalry (pers_cavalry_spearman_e) fully covered in linen barding from chest to tail.

Edited by Nescio
ce

4 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

@Nescio See the animated bows I made for the game which are I think included in @wowgetoffyourcellphone sorta dead delenda est.

It would be nice if actor improvements such as these and Alexandermb's could be included in the svn version instead of in some arbitrary mod (better concentrate all efforts in one place).

• Like 1

It should be possible in the future considering my new position but wasn't really possible at the time when I started fixing stuff all over the forums. For horses though I'm going to wait for Enrique as a respect of his previous works. For all of the other stuff which is refered in the Art dev task tracking in which Every external contributor work should be tracked so we do not lose it There is stuff that can be committed right away as they were reviewed. Stuff that needs to be reviewed by @LordGood namingly stuff like the goat and the rest which I don't know.

But first we have a lot of buildings to do. I do want to add as much as possible before A23 though.

13 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

But first we have a lot of buildings to do. I do want to add as much as possible before A23 though.

Yes, I agree that's more important. Including unit visual actor improvements would be nice to have, but definitely has no priority at all.

Nevertheless, visual actors (without the simulation templates) I hope will eventually be reviewed and included in A23 (allowing me to remove them from 0abc) include:

Edited by Nescio
ce

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

The only riders who attack ranged are those mauryans i don't see the others doing anything, even the javelins, because the attack of the elephant is melee.

I mean turrets in the gamecode sense of the term : the ability for a part of a model to shoot in a certain direction without rotating the whole model. That would allow the three archers to shoot at three different targets in three different directions while the elephant is facing a fourth one. Nothing to do with the wooden turrets on top of successor's elephants.

4 minutes ago, serveurix said:

I mean turrets in the gamecode sense of the term : the ability for a part of a model to shoot in a certain direction without rotating the whole model. That would allow the three archers to shoot at three different targets in three different directions while the elephant is facing a fourth one. Nothing to do with the wooden turrets on top of successor's elephants.

i mean the other units, the mauryan archers i will leave those until the turret (if it's planned) it's attached, but the others units "riders, riders with javelin" they just stay idle javelin can't attack because it will have no sense while the elephant is attacking melee, i think it will not show a projectile (maybe it does)