===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update

Alexandermb

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently i've made a small test in the UnitAi file which changed how the unit run into a fight and submitted the dif to some web page i forgot the name,. In August i've tested the same code with small changes about distance, before the unit just run's even if the unit was very far away when the order for attack was given, but specifying limits of distance (Minimum distance for start running, run, maximum distance for start running) the unit walked if it was outside the minimum range, and if it was in the range they charge (Every unit) assuming the changes works like planned making the units run into battle (Like Total War series when the cavalry/infantry reach their target they charge) that would need some gameplay balancing over the cavalry?

• Like 4

Changes:

• Fixed attack times
  • Changed relax 2 handed spear animation
  • Cavalry spearman recharge time in template files changed from (3500) to (1400) for fast attack animation
  • Cavalry swordsman recharge time in template files changed from (750) to (1050) for fast attack animation
  • Added the small shield variant

Horse_new.7z
Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

In case you haven't noticed i've made am update of the cavalry (including actors) feel free to use it on your mod, it will be useful to have people testing and see if anyone can see bugs or frames i haven't noticed yet in the animations beside ideas while i'm still working on it. Feel free to make any comment and suggestions for animations. 

Thanks for the notification. I've just downloaded your mod and started trying it out. One thing I noticed is the Seleucid scythed chariot:Screenshot_from_2017-11-11_11-01-00.thumb.png.72f19221b135e61355e5aba8a60b1339.png

The old visual actor is left, right is your new one. As you can see there is a gap between the horse and its armour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nescio said:

Thanks for the notification. I've just downloaded your mod and started trying it out. One thing I noticed is the Seleucid scythed chariot:Screenshot_from_2017-11-11_11-01-00.thumb.png.72f19221b135e61355e5aba8a60b1339.png

The old visual actor is left, right is your new one. As you can see there is a gap between the horse and its armour.

The seleucid have one the chariot file in their units folder i thought they have their own chariot without using persian faction influence because of that file

This seleucid chariot should have the seleucid emblem at the same place the persian emblem is on the other one. I also think the saddle texture should be modified to suggest there is a wooden curved bar that goes above the backs of the horses. Now it looks like all horses bodies have been pierced by that giant scythe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have been pierced by the giant scythe they would need a chariot re-mesh same as the trader horses, or for an easier work, made a curved harness to add above the saddle and keep it stationary. the size difference between the old horses and this one is noticeable that why it looks pierced.

Update**
Horse_new.7z

• Fixed the separation between armor and horse

image.png.42e448164785d17b0f56a177cc9eb5af.png
Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

And an error:

ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "weapon_R" in model "art/meshes/props/cape_cavalry_medium.dae" for actor "cape_cav_animated_javelinist"

By the way, I like that last image. Would it be possible to make cataphracts real cataphracts (completely covered in armour), instead of merely having a minor mail at the horse breast?