Early quitters in team games

Strelok123

Hello,

First of all: 0 A.D. is a very nice game. Good work!

But something that is very annoying are players who join a 6 or 8 players game and leave in the first minutes so the game is unbalanced. In my experience those early quitters didn't check the game settings and find something they dislike about it just when the game started and quit immediately. And rehosting the game every time somebody early quits is not a solution. Anyway this behaviour really sucks!

What do? I would suggest a flag system marking players who quit a certain amount of games in x time leading to a temp ban.

What do you think about it?

in that way players accidentally disconnected would get counted in such a system.

the host can just close and open another room and play with more trusty players ( which you can even add as buddy in order to get note of friendly players ).

A black list system allowing to mark players as untrusty ( like happens with buddies ) and eventually blocking them from joining games hosted by you would be nice.

More importantly there can be valid ways to quit a game. For example if someone has to go for any reason and the others are ok with it.

It seems more relevant to rated 1v1 where players quit. That by itself will need some tricky coding to detect leavers reliably (we shouldn't trust any other player account for that, otherwise people will get someone innocent banned).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elexis said:

More importantly there can be valid ways to quit a game. For example if someone has to go for any reason and the others are ok with it.

It seems more relevant to rated 1v1 where players quit. That by itself will need some tricky coding to detect leavers reliably (we shouldn't trust any other player account for that, otherwise people will get someone innocent banned).

Heavy lag..performance...etc

Honestly, auto game banning is a lame approach, IMO. 

IF anything is deemed as needed for these situations, I would vote for a premature game exit counter with auto time attrition that counts down back to zero. Then a group of people can elect to drop that node if they would like to. 

Good or bad, my opinion.

/E

If you have spectators, you can invite them to join your game as the missing player.  First the host needs to find their IP address (one way:  google "what is my ip").  Then, the spectator leaves the game and joins your multiplayer game by IP (not from the lobby).  For the name, the spectator needs to put the complete name of the missing player, including the rating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, causative said:

If you have spectators, you can invite them to join your game as the missing player.  First the host needs to find their IP address (one way:  google "what is my ip").  Then, the spectator leaves the game and joins your multiplayer game by IP (not from the lobby).  For the name, the spectator needs to put the complete name of the missing player, including the rating.

That won't work by default in the future, as it's some kind of cheating/bug using (you impersonate an other player).

But I'll look into implementing a proper replace mechanism after that.

• Like 2

• user1 changed the title to Early quitters in team games