Unread Content unavailable?

Sundiata

Hi, I haven't been able to access the "unread content"-tab here on the forum for a number of days now. It just loads forever and then says service unavailable. It's a pity, because I usually go through unread content every day. Other parts of the forum are not a problem. Is it just me?

"Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

• Like 1

I have this issue for a few days too. The "Unread Content" loads a significant time (likely depending on unread items count, permissions etc.) and there seems to be a one-minute timeout (so if it doesn't manage to load in that time, it returns http 503).
Apparently for most people it works fine, for my account it almost never manages to load. I created a new test account and it always works fine there (even though it lists all recent content as 'unread').
I've asked Jan about it yesterday, he said:

It loads for me, although slowly.
Best would be I think if you posted on the Invision Power support forums about it

I didn't manage to post on IPB forums yet.

I had loading times of 40-50 seconds for a few days and now I'm getting http 503 too. I'd guess there's a performance issue with the forum database because files load quickly and other parts of the forum are also relatively slow (like around 10 seconds loading time).

• Like 1

It's weird that it never works for you, it's been slow, but working for me apart from one time. Not sure how much of my experience is down to my computer being old and slow as well, so hard to tell for sure how slow it really is. I'm not sure how to investigate it further, if @implodedok doesn't know either then I don't know where to go from here :unsure:

Thanks Stan.

The performance problem is definitely not only related to the forums, because the IRC bot also sometimes reports things half an hour to an hour after they happened on Phabricator.

Also just clicking on things on the forums takes longer than it used to.

• Like 2