[Sugestion] Publicity and reviews (and the like)

vrork

30 minutes ago, OuGaming said:

I think a other good way could be making devs stream or tournaments to collect improvement suggestions....but pls announce the stream ingame(like in shell shock live) so maybe more people watch the stream...we need publicity but the right publicity.....

We did have staff matches during feature freezes. I don't know if we still do @elexis. I think it'd be nice to have a good player join as observer like @borg- or @Hannibal_Barca or someone else (Sorry guys if I forgot your name I'm totally oblivious as to whom are the best players right now) to comment and stream on twitch.

I could stream but Im a terrible player at every game and I don't know how to make the stream interesting.

@Itms

I think asking him is not a problem at all, and it doesn't even need to be official, if you folks want to ask him as members of the community that sounds fine to me.

However, if we need to put money in this, then my opinion is we're not ready, for all the reasons mentioned above :) Any publicity is publicity, I agree with that, but it makes no sense to spend money on presenting something that might significantly differ from the final product. IMO going to Beta is a guarantee that the game is ready to be judged by the general public. We will also be in a position of handling criticism from players that are outside the community, which is something we cannot dedicate most of our time on right now.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 12:54 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Other thing

This is most viewed from 0 A.D. can be nice take time to read and see common people questions.

I've read some of the comments, aside from usual Youtube trolls, most of the people think that the sounds are copied from Age of Mythology (I cannot give proper opinion here since I haven't played the game title)

Aside from that, other notable comments are:

• A comparison to Rise of Nations
  • A comparison to Age of Mythology, in general
  • A few people commenting that the Alpine map is too small and requesting bigger maps (I believe 0ad's random maps had these, and v. large some maps too)
  • Someone asking where to download new maps
  • Someone from Greece who thinks that the Greek voices sound strange
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Itms said:

I think asking him is not a problem at all, and it doesn't even need to be official, if you folks want to ask him as members of the community that sounds fine to me.

However, if we need to put money in this, then my opinion is we're not ready, for all the reasons mentioned above :) Any publicity is publicity, I agree with that, but it makes no sense to spend money on presenting something that might significantly differ from the final product. IMO going to Beta is a guarantee that the game is ready to be judged by the general public. We will also be in a position of handling criticism from players that are outside the community, which is something we cannot dedicate most of our time on right now.

Putting money on it is something i know for sure that you guys wont need to do it. 

When advertising is better than final product. see comments(Enjoy)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, elexis said:

It's the trailer to this game? kek

lol yeah. The game looks goofy as Hell, but to their credit they pack a lot of historicity into it. They did a lot of research it seems.

Though, the architecture is complete fantasy.

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The best is 2D art.

Image result for sparta war of empires

I agree. The 2D art for that game is incredible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...