Modding Questions

Hello

Muzzle flashes are certainly there as that is a particle effect as for the other questions not sure as I have not looked that closely at the code and it being mostly JavaScript not my favourite coding dialect ;) but most should doable just time consuming in the actual implementation(code,test,re-code test.....)

I'm  one of most older in the forum. 

The proper idiom @Lion.Kanzen is more senior as most implies the oldest and I at 67 years surly beat you there ;) though I am about the same seniority as you for our time on the forum just not as prolific at posting.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

On 12/13/2017 at 9:53 PM, Hello said:

Thanks for trying. How about guns? Are muzzle flashes and bullet projectiles possible?

On a different topic, are special powers like calling in a bombing run, nukes, or army wide healing possible?

I also want to have a mechanic where certain units would enslave enemies instead of killing them. So when a unit is enslaved it would be replaced with a slave unit and switch sides.

Also could someone point me towards a tutorial on particle effects. I've never worked with them before but I want to learn. 

Not sure about the bullets/flashes or tutorial on particle effects.

Special powers (abilities) - Short answer - No.

Sort-of-answer: It has been requested several times and something seems to be in the works. I'm not sure when (or if) it will be done. I'm not program savvy-enough to understand the engine or to help in any capacity.

Spoiler

From the looks of what is here: The ability feature would need access to the mouse (and the obstruction map - for others asked about this elsewhere). Pretty much everything requested in this post would just be spawning an entity. The last one would just have an aura attached to it. It wouldn't be all military though just in range.

Wasn't there a mod somewhere that had unit capture? I don't think it replaced the actor just updated it with the proper colors... so most-likely no on the 'capture and replace unit with slave part'.

Edited by SirPope
clean-up

On 12/14/2017 at 8:53 AM, Hello said:

are special powers like calling in a bombing run, nukes, or army wide healing possible?

Perhaps this could be achieved. For example, Army wide healing could be done by training an 'entity' that has a short life which has a global healing aura kind of like cunobelin(britons hero).

About the question about enslaving units:

Maybe you could try updating the damage reciever component to spawn the slave entity if a certain unit was the attacker and when the unit being attacked reaches 0hp. (Should be destroyed, not killed).

This is just thoughts and I am not sure how they  would work out.

Edited by Guest
Added more info

58 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

Muzzle flashes are certainly there as that is a particle effect as for the other questions not sure as I have not looked that closely at the code and it being mostly JavaScript not my favourite coding dialect ;) but most should doable just time consuming in the actual implementation(code,test,re-code test.....)

The proper idiom @Lion.Kanzen is more senior as most implies the oldest and I at 67 years surly beat you there ;) though I am about the same seniority as you for our time on the forum just not as prolific at posting.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

Thank you, in Spanish sounds like a career call senior or  "mayor" but this means older guy as a grandfather. is important suggest phrases like that enlighten my poor English.

67 wow, I'm 31 years old. but you are almost from same epoch or stage as me (2011) 

@elexis its possible the engine handle this ?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen