Trolling on Facebook

Then only play against "Medium" level AIs. Or read the descriptions of the higher levels. Part of non C&C/SC/WC-style (read: mostly AoE-style) maps is that they aren't perfectly symmetrical, adapt to that, or play maps that are.

One civ does not mean that every map is symmetrical, I'm not even sure if that applies to random maps. Making RMS symmetrical should be relatively easy, if those maps are actually fun to play is something else. I however think that having the option of playing a map that is perfectly symmetrical is better than forcing everyone to play those maps. We aren't taking care to make this game easy to mod because we think that we know best, we are doing so because we think that we might have a few sound ideas, but not everyone needs to agree with those, so if they don't they can just do some work and show us that we were wrong. We don't claim to be infallible, and if someone can actually show that we are wrong in some aspect and is nice about the whole thing because they also care about this project we are very likely to listen to that advice.

So to be slightly more concise, purely symmetrical maps for ranked multiplayer might very well be something a few people on the team might care about. So if someone wants to see that happening they should submit some of those maps.

• Like 2

lol. I guess I ticked one off.

There's another commenter who said " you should focus on improving the graphics engine" - A verbatim quote.
Since it can be interpreted both in a positive and negative light, I just left it alone. I was actually tempted to reply "Don't worry, they're working hard to implement 2D models."

You are clearly talking about the Reflection map _kali never finished. #4760

He ran into terrain connectivity issues and the github code misses some library function he didn't upload.

Agree it would be great to have it on every map as an option.

I think it's quite fun to play non-symmetrical though as the element of surprise and the ncessity to scout everything really adds to the game.

• Like 1