==[Brainstorming]== for cheats units

3 hours ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

I'd be interested in seeing where you got that information from. Granted, It's plausible, a lot of ancient mythologies have very similar characters. I read that Zeus and Jupiter were technically separate deities but they were close enough that the Romans decided they were probably the same guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_mythology

In the same way that these peoples are linguistically and cultural are related.

Obviously there are later syncretisms.

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_mythology

In the same way that these peoples are linguistically and cultural are related.

Obviously there are later syncretisms.

Interesting. I can see where it's coming from, however I'm not sure if I'm convinced that they all are intentionally related. In writing circles, we've had a thing where two authors come up with the same idea at the same time because they had been exposed to similar cultures. It could be either though. I'll have to do some more research.

1 hour ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

Interesting. I can see where it's coming from, however I'm not sure if I'm convinced that they all are intentionally related. In writing circles, we've had a thing where two authors come up with the same idea at the same time because they had been exposed to similar cultures. It could be either though. I'll have to do some more research.

It must be clear that it is not exactly the same God. It must be clear that it is not exactly the same god but their equivalent.

Nor can we say that one god's culture copied another; that does not exist in the ancient world.

I am also a little into theology, mythology and things that have to do with the metaphysical world.

Then I heard about an author who said that basically Zeus was a kind of Baal.

Storm god who lives on a mountain.

Or Marduk and Baal, even same mythological lore or almost same.

The same thing happens, for example, in the Mediterranean with the mother goddess, among the most famous of which is Isis.

Isis can be found from Spain to Arabia.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

It must be clear that it is not exactly the same God. It must be clear that it is not exactly the same god but their equivalent.

Nor can we say that one god's culture copied another; that does not exist in the ancient world.

I am also a little into theology, mythology and things that have to do with the metaphysical world.

Then I heard about an author who said that basically Zeus was a kind of Baal.

Storm god who lives on a mountain.

Or Marduk and Baal, even same mythological lore or almost same.

The same thing happens, for example, in the Mediterranean with the mother goddess, among the most famous of which is Isis.

Isis can be found from Spain to Arabia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/*Dʰéǵʰōm

this whole proto-indo-european mythology thing is pretty interesting. I wander how do they know that before the many myths similar to each other, there was a "common ancestor", instead of just maybe assume a myth spread from people to people in more recent times.

• Like 2