===[COMMITTED]=== Archery Icon

Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...

The archery target seems a bit too anachronistic. Do we know that they were circle with red and white alternating lines in ancient times in any of the civilizations that are being represented in this game?

Just wondering if we have better or more accurate options. If not, that's okay. It's threw my suspension of disbelief a bit, but I understand the wider audience also wouldn't know any better (assuming that red circles are a more modern invention).

Edited by SDM

31 minutes ago, SDM said:

The archery target seems a bit too anachronistic. Do we know that they were circle with red and white alternating lines in ancient times in any of the civilizations that are being represented in this game?

Just wondering if we have better or more accurate options. If not, that's okay. It's threw my suspension of disbelief a bit, but I understand the wider audience also wouldn't know any better (assuming that red circles are a more modern invention).

You might be right, but I think for UI recognition purposes the target may be best. It stands out from the rest and already has an association with archery in the players minds.

Could maybe throw a bone to realism by making the target a straw/hay target instead of a piece of plywood.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, SDM said:

The temple unit is very that way.

Yes the target is most easy to solve compare with anchor, mostly of first timer don't know what is that. in YouTube there are a video of a guys confused about that.

Icons first propose is usability and easy recognition. that the principle of design of symbols or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiotics

term derives from the Greek σημειωτικός sēmeiōtikos, "observant of signs"

This includes the study of signs and sign processes, indication, designation, likeness, analogy, allegory, metonymy, metaphor, symbolism, signification, and communication.

may improve ergonomic design in situations where it is important to ensure that human beings are able to interact more effectively with their environments, whether it be on a large scale, as in architecture, or on a small scale, such as the configuration of instrumentation for human use.

If a our audience don't know what means a design you simply fail.

communication process

If the audience can't decode our messages this case icon.

The Noise shows the barriers in communications. There are chances when the message sent by the sender is not received by the recipient

•  
  • Decoding: Here, the receiver interprets the sender’s message and tries to understand it in the best possible manner. An effective communication occurs only if the receiver understands the message in exactly the same way as it was intended by the sender

• Read more: http://businessjargons.com/communication-process.html#ixzz4yCGRtXiB

That's theory in Justus explanation.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen