===[TASK]=== Stables, Workshops, and Ranges

LordGood

Yeah, I hesitated to add them, but it makes sense. 

Now let's make those actors :D I'll commit it when I'm done with that.

By the way @LordGood You should make the macedonian one next, they deserved it after all that time :), Also the name is not consistent anymore with the rest.

Should I go with the gauls afterwards ?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 12:48 PM, stanislas69 said:

Stables, but actually the old design didn't have any stables. https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtDesignDocument
I guess they would have called it iber_st or something similar. Maybe they had a filename limitation at the time maybe @Wijitmaker knows more.

Yeah, we didn't have stables as part of the design document because... the designers at the time didn't want to blatantly rip-off age-of-empires games.  We were trying to simplify the flow of the game and focus more on unit-to-unit interactions instead of building buildings.  Less city building feel - more tactical.

The codes for the buildings were just shortened to keep file paths and references shorter.  Less typing, less bytes... etc.   Nothing magical ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wijitmaker said:

Yeah, we didn't have stables as part of the design document because... the designers at the time didn't want to blatantly rip-off age-of-empires games.  We were trying to simplify the flow of the game and focus more on unit-to-unit interactions instead of building buildings.  Less city building feel - more tactical.

The codes for the buildings were just shortened to keep file paths and references shorter.  Less typing, less bytes... etc.   Nothing magical ;)

Welcome back old timer. we are trying to don't  be a cheap copy.  but we are discuss the document design yet.

• 1 month later...