===[TASK]=== Stables, Workshops, and Ranges

LordGood

12 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

@Nescio I guess that's what https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtDesignDocument was for. It defines how names should be how folders convention are etc.

Maybe that document should be updated then. Carthaginian templates are named cart_* not kart_*, I don't think I've seen anything belonging to pole (poleis), and abbreviations such as fa (corral) and med (healer) seems rather confusing.

1 minute ago, Nescio said:

Maybe that document should be updated then. Carthaginian templates are named cart_* not kart_*, I don't think I've seen anything belonging to pole (poleis), and abbreviations such as fa (corral) and med (healer) seems rather confusing.

I would have updated it myself, but I don't know what we strive for anymore.

I'm skeptical about the dedicated cav archer area on the persian and carthaginians archery range. Are the cav archers training at the same time as the foot archers, right next to them, sitting on an immobile horse ? I don't think there's any point training on a standing horse, if you just want to train your accuracy when immobile do it on foot. The big difference in the cav archer training compared to the foot archer training is training to shoot when your horse is moving, and for that you would expect the soldiers to do it by riding in the middle of the yard while shooting at the targets. So this cav archer area in the persian and carthaginian models looks weird to me.

I'm also skeptical about the greek archery range. It looks very modern in its configuration. It looks like the modern shooting ranges we have nowadays for firearms or for archery as a sport. Did ancient archery ranges have these wooden panels between the shooters ? What for ?

21 hours ago, Nescio said:

Stables should be with an s, not without; we also have barracks, not a barrack.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:33 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I thought the same way as you until I looked the words "stables" and "stable" up. Stable is not synonymous with stall. So, Stables doesn't mean a group a of stalls in one building, Stable does. Stables means multiple Stable buildings. Barracks is different, apparently.

• Thanks 1

@LordGood you know what would be cool? If you could upload new props as separate files, just for some map makers (Not me, i never never never use props, never, but just for some people that might be interested in putting their hands on them, to decorate and give detail and a little bit of immersion into their maps).  Although the same goes to @stanislas69

Btw, have you thought on making statues for each faction? I mean, diversification on the existing ones and bringing new ones to the faction that does not have any.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@wowgetoffyourcellphone  No, this patch is only intended to follow the naming convention of the templates currently used in the vanilla svn game, while facilitating the work for future changes.
When somebody submits a patch homogenizing the current and new naming scheme (but also cleanup the inheritances of the old templates and update the Identity Classes of the new ones) between the currently used and the new templates, he will only have to change the naming in the AI accordingly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LordGood said:

screenshot0178.png

What should the colored stuff inside the trough represent?

I guess those white towels should be in playercolor? Btw what about laying some riding equipment (saddle or saddle cloth, or whatever mauryans used to sit on horses) over one of the fence gates? (As like someone is going to make his horse ready...)