Problems With Translating Into Greek

SGK7019

Hello,
First of all, I do not know if this is the most appropriate place to post this, let me know if it isn't.
I am a coordinator for the game's translation into Greek and am currently reviewing the translations. In some of them, however, there are words or phrases that cannot be translated either because of the non clarity of a specific part (for example, "Enhanced food gained from ranching and farming. ", I do not understand whether that means it is gained or if it has been gained, which plays a big role in proper translation), or because there simply is no translation (for example, Ardiosmanae), or at least I cannot find it anywhere. Therefore, I would like a little more attention paid to the comments on transifex, as I have an unanswered issue for three months now. If that's not possible, I have a question; when I cannot find a translation for a word - Ardiosmanae is also written as Ardiosmanae in the Greek "translation - should I rewrite it in English, or do something else?
Thank you for reading :)

Edited by SGK7019

> Enhanced food gained from ranching and farming

We find that string in the brit.json and gaul.json civilization description.

It refers to their civ bonus (not to be confused with their team bonus). It seems this one was not implemented unless I'm missing things.

Pretty sure that it would refer to an increased food gatherrate.

42 minutes ago, SGK7019 said:

have an unanswered issue for three months now

Well, things have fallen apart.

42 minutes ago, SGK7019 said:

when I cannot find a translation for a word - Ardiosmanae is also written as Ardiosmanae in the Greek "translation - should I rewrite it in English, or do something else?

Many names appearing in 0 A.D. are apparently unknown to the rest of the internet world and I wonder where they were taken from originally. If it's a name, it should be possible to reuse it. If it doesn't fit, might want to replace it with a word of the language that you're translating to that does fit and carries a similar meaning.

• 3 weeks later...