Some times attack move and attack building don't work

minohaka

During battles while you have a group of units selected and you try to attack a building the only option is to capture it even when you use the command or shortcut to attack. In the case of attack move some times doesn't work the units don't attack instead they just head over to the new location, for some reason I believe the two are related because they happen at the same time. I don't know the exact scenario when this happens, but I'll be looking to find the right scenario and how to replicate it.

Note: This happens in all versions alpha 22 and current under development alpha 23.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 10:05 AM, Imarok said:

Can you reproduce that issue?

When does it appear? Which units are selected in that moment?

When does it work correctly?

After a lot of testing and trying I'm still not sure when it happens or if it is for certain factions only. I think it happens after capturing any enemy building then deleting it (maybe deleting it without asking by holding Shift key down). After that your troops don't seem to respond to attach move or garrison. It seems like the Ctrl key modifier stops working. I hope this rings some bells on somebody.

43 minutes ago, minohaka said:

After a lot of testing and trying I'm still not sure when it happens or if it is for certain factions only. I think it happens after capturing any enemy building then deleting it (maybe deleting it without asking by holding Shift key down). After that your troops don't seem to respond to attach move or garrison. It seems like the Ctrl key modifier stops working. I hope this rings some bells on somebody.

Hmm, I can't reproduce that. Maybe you have a replay, where you reproduced it?

41 minutes ago, minohaka said:

Worth mentioning that after deleting the captured building clicking on any unit or building shows the confirmation window if you want to delete.

Could you elaborate that? I don't get what you mean.

13 minutes ago, Imarok said:

Hmm, I can't reproduce that. Maybe you have a replay, where you reproduced it?

Could you elaborate that? I don't get what you mean.

What I mean is, it sort of remembers the delete command and so the next unit or building you click it will ask if you want to delete it from there on attack move doesn't work. I'll keep investigating when I have something definitive that can be reproduced or I find something else more relevant I will keep it posted in this thread