Lion.Kanzen

6 hours ago, av93 said:

I think that all you said about the different "races" can be applied to genders. But that it's another topic..

Sure, and that's one of the reasons I'm excited about having Queen Amanirenas, one of the warrior queens of Kush, as a recruitable hero for the Kushites. Mauryans and Celts have female fighting units too. 0AD does a relatively decent job at representing some important women, although there can always be more. The problem is that women have historically been very oppressed/negated, and featuring large amounts of women in fighting roles just wouldn't be very historical. Or maybe you have some ideas regarding women in 0AD?

Spoiler

I'm very excited about this unit, Wowgetoffyourcellphone whipped up. One of the famous kandakes of Kush. Both historical and inclusive!

59c69339b9c72_KandakeofthekingdomofKushdemonstration.thumb.jpg.1bc53b9565cfa892bb8e90e2b606de0d.jpg

I prefer biome. Can be better no for ethnicy if  by phisic condition and age....

body type but I need research more...  for know we have oveseeker I need help with create aura and template for this guy.

can be nice have different.

im planning add slaves condemned to die in mines that work hard and die easily so is an invest use them.

i planned use Egyptian worker isn't slave but are a citizen  non soldiers.

5 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Lion.KanzenAre the current ones in the game, or in DE not enough ?

Are more to kill than use to punish I need something more different, pure wood.

the idea of random is good but isn't possible with actual code.

another things I need Sundiata is the market of North Africa Egypt -Kush is now kind of traffic of goods like gems or diamonds, exotic animals.

an idea you two got me is the slaves can upgraded to worker and be free.

@wowgetoffyourcellphoneI need your wisdom here.

2 hours ago, Sundiata said:

0AD does a relatively decent job at representing some important women, although there can always be more. The problem is that women have historically been very oppressed/negated, and featuring large amounts of women in fighting roles just wouldn't be very historical. Or maybe you have some ideas regarding women in 0AD?

Well, I was thinking more about the work rates bonus. Didn't both genders work almost equally farming, mining or chopping?

• Like 1

The difference probably made through  by technologies.

I need help to code this.

• market produces slaves and their appareance depends  kind of market we have Egyptian.
  • the Egyptian not only train slaves, train workers, is cheap but can fight.( I can do this) .
  • train overseeker have a aura economic bonus and can defending the workers/slaves.
  • train exotic pet, in order you use to attack enemy.( I hope PETA no know about this)
  • Special unique technologies , I'm open to suggestion.

Slaves needs props and properly clothes.

8 minutes ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

I would have to question the idea behind workers for the Ptolemies being able to fight.  They were basically serfs with no rights; why would it make sense either historically or mechanically to have them fight?  Regarding exotic animals fighting, that also seems ahistorical.

Arena fights?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just a suggestion for the whole different ethnicity slaves have different stats thing. Perhaps one can have multiple slave units for example, each ethnicity can have a light, medium and heavy body type, so that light built could be good hunters or house slaves, heavy built slaves could be good miners and heavy labor stuff and medium built could be good farmers. That way one can get the benefits of different stats without possibly causing a race thing @Lion.Kanzen

• Like 2

Just now, Rolf Dew said:

Just a suggestion for the whole different ethnicity slaves have different stats thing. Perhaps one can have multiple slave units for example, each ethnicity can have a light, medium and heavy body type, so that light built could be good hunters or house slaves, heavy built slaves could be good miners and heavy labor stuff and medium built could be good farmers. That way one can get the benefits of different stats without possibly causing a race thing @Lion.Kanzen

I would say maybe "Private" slaves and "State-Owned" slaves? This was a thing in many cultures. One example is that the mines of Laureion, controlled by Athens, were worked by slaves owned by the state. While farms were largely privately owned and worked by privately-owned slaves.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I would say maybe "Private" slaves and "State-Owned" slaves? This was a thing in many cultures. One example is that the mines of Laureion, controlled by Athens, were worked by slaves owned by the state. While farms were largely privately owned and worked by privately-owned slaves.

That would be very an interesting aspect to add in! Also slavery for the Spartans would be quite different too. Mauryans would have the caste system, which is technically like slavery. 

• Like 1