SoundFX : Missing Sounds

Lion.Kanzen

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

You could probably leave out the "page shuffling" sounds. Make the selection sound the completion sound, and make a shorter (fewer notes) version for selection.

Its complicate is about 3 and 2 seconds similar to theater .

I can reduce but i fear lost his harmony. I will try later  on my 12 pm.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I'm in a university Game Sound class, and the professor is willing to use the class to help an "External Project" and I brought 0AD up.  So we could possibly use my class to work on the sound of the game.  If a representative of the team could act as the class' "client" and if a list of needed sounds is provided, we could see how it goes.

Edited by Phalanx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phalanx said:

Hey all, I'm in a university Game Sound class, and the professor is willing to use the class to help an "External Project" and I brought 0AD up.  So we could possibly use my class to work on the sound of the game.  If a representative of the team could act as the class' "client" and if a list of needed sounds is provided, we could see how it goes.

What kind of sounds are you able to provide?

37 minutes ago, Stan` said:

What kind of sounds are you able to provide?

Honestly, idk. This is day 1 of the class. But last semester, the class apparently helped a senior student with a capstone project, and provided sound effects and music for a short game that was then published to Steam.  I could help someone get in contact with the professor for more info. I'm sure he knows more about what we'll be able to deliver than I do.

I think it'd always be great to have more folks helping out with sounds. I'm happy to cover the more instrumental stuff (notifications, alarms, etc.), but given the current situation recording foley or more animal sounds or the like is quite difficult.

Generally 0 A.D. uses mostly organic sounds (i.e. recorded things) rather than synthesized sounds. There are lots of great open sources of free recorded audio online, such as freesound.org, but I'd always encourage trying to record sounds originally for the project whenever possible.

• Like 1