0AD On Twitch!

ChaffCommanderCoffey

Hello hello everybody! It's me, back again, from Alpha21 and a long overview series of 0AD Alpha22, to bring to you the next revolution in 0AD entertainment!

Regular MP streams! (I hope...)

I played about 6 months ago in Alpha21 and had a huge amount of fun in 0AD. But due to life stuff I had to drop it for sometime, but now I've finished all my current running youtube series, I thought I best get back into streaming, and with the teaser for Age of Empires 4 we got at Gamescom, I thought, why not, I should stream some 0AD to celebrate!

So my first live stream on twitch for 0AD will be... today! Later this evening, probably around 6pm GMT. I may be a bit late (or early, hopefully early), whilst I sort out my OBS and streaming options. Should be good to go though! I'd love to see you guys hanging out in the chat, so I can reacquaint myself with the community and get some quality games going tonight.

On the side, I'll be doing commentaries of the recorded games that I play, observe, or people send in for me to do commentaries on. Looking forward to it! :D

https://www.twitch.tv/chaffcommandercoffey

Edited by ChaffCommanderCoffey
  • Like 5

Hey guys, had a really fun time last night streaming some games of 0AD, live, in multiplayer, on Twitch! Had a few teething issues with the set up, but those should hopefully be sorted now.

To allow the most people to watch the stream in future, I'm going to be streaming (source, as thats all that is available to me atm), at 720p, 60FPS settings.

I also realised I am hella rusty, like, really badly rusty. Guess that's what I get for not playing an RTS in 6months or so :P But this only encourages me further to get back to my old play standard and keep giving you all quality games. Hopefully I get even better than I was back in alpha21!

Secondly, I'll be uploading commentaries of some of my replays, hopefully on a daily basis. The replay I choose to commentate will be dependant on a number of personal factors (performance in the game, team balance, map choice etc), but the game I will be uploading tonight before I stream again, will be showing off a new strategy I've devised for Persia!

Though I haven't actually perfected this strategy, and it was the very first game I got to play online since getting back into 0AD. So I'm pretty awful, but you still get to see what I attempt to do, and it does end up working out. So that's a plus. ^^

For all you guys who decided to hang out in the stream last night, thank you so much. The support means a lot. Unfortunately my setup is not that amazing for keeping interactive with my viewers, and the speed needed to play well is going to make it hard to keep up with the chat mid games. But I'll try my best, it's just another skill that will come with practice!

I'm going to stream again tonight about 8pm. So if you didn't get a chance to see any games last night, hopefully you will tonight! And if you couldn't watch because my settings were too high for you, hopefully my new settings will sort that out and allow as many people as possible to enjoy the games.

• Like 2

Very sorry to dissappoint anyone who was looking forward to tonights stream, but I'm incredibly tired after work (was real busy today) and so I won't be streaming. On the plus side, I'll still get my upload for youtube done tonight and maybe do some offline singleplayer practice, so I'm less trash tomorrow!

Not sure when I'll start streaming tomorrow but I have the full day off so... might start quite early. I'll keep you guys posted!

• Like 1

Heya guys, thought I'd get a stream sorted for earlier today, but I've been quite busy (new housemate moving in), so I've had to delay when I start. I'll get the stream up and running for some more games around 6pm GMT again. Thanks once more for everybody that tuned in last time, I hope with some of the changes I've made to my OBS more people can watch (source is now 720p not 1080p), and we can all enjoy some more games of 0AD! :D

Hopefully I'm not as scrubby today. :blush:

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the discord link. I'll make sure to join that and give all you guys a heads up when I stream! I haven't been able to these past couple of days, been quite busy at work (the store flooded :D) and had a couple of nights of birthday parties (ie, to drunk to stream :P).

My next stream should be... tuesday. which is the 19th! Looking forward to getting some more games of 0AD in!

On the plus side I'll be doing some commentaries on some of the replays I have stored over the next few days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings and salutations everyone! It's been a long while since I last streamed 0AD. Had a few health issues, and also my birthday (which came with its own different kind of health issue :P)

But now I'm back, and chirpy and all sorts of good, to play some more excellent 0AD! Come check out the stream, we're playing multiplayer again!

https://www.twitch.tv/chaffcommandercoffey

• Like 2

• 10 months later...