Faction : Nomads Xiongnu

Lion.Kanzen

Just now, wackyserious said:

@Lion.Kanzen @Alexandermb @wowgetoffyourcellphone

All of the packed structures has 0 vision range (Github user Artoo commented that while playing, packed buildings tend to disappear in the fog of war, I experienced this too, while running several tests yesterday) Should I fix this and add atleast 40 vision range for the packed structures? Default infantry has 80.

By the way, who is Github user Artoo? Anyone know him? I believed @stanislas69 noticed the guy before too.

Yes I experiences that with packed CC. 40 is the minimum?

32 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Should I fix this

That would be nice, yes. :)

add atleast 40 vision range for the packed structures? Default infantry has 80.

If units have 80 (even though it may be wrong, I don't know much about balancing, I trust Wow on those matters) they should have 80 for consistency :)

By the way, who is Github user Artoo? Anyone know him? I believed @stanislas69 noticed the guy before too.

Can't remember.

Xiongnu and fort wagon.

Military Tactics: Primarily, the Han tactics was what could be described as a carrier group on land, due to the logistical problem of fighting in the Steppes, the army had to bring along a very large convoy of supplies, what they did essentially was to carry the supplies in large heavy wagons, and when encountering the Xiong Nu the infantry would form up the wagons into a circle chain, turning it into a mobile fort. while their cavalry host fought mostly in the same matter as the Xiong Nu, aka horse archery. Using the wagon fort as cover / base for their operation. The Infantry to Cavalry ratio was roughly 2:1, though most of the fighting was primarily done by the Cavalry.

It should be said though, that the XiongNu war was in reality more of a mixed bag than a pure victory, or rather it could be called what Chinese would say "adding a leg to the drawn snake"

Phase 1:133-126 B.C, the objective was clear, to take back the Hetao region (the Northern Bend in the middle portions of the Yellow River). they had largely achieved this by 127/126 B.C,

http://historum.com/asian-history/33351-how-did-han-defeat-xiongnu.html

• 2 weeks later...

Resultado de imagen para xiongnu symbols

###########

Origins, Languages and Early History of the Xiongnu

The overwhelming amount of information on the Xiongnu comes from Chinese sources. What little is known of their titles and names come from Chinese transliterations. Only about 20 words belonging to the Altaic languages are known[1], and only a single sentence from Chinese documents.

The original geographic location of Xiongnu is generally placed at the Ordos Desert. According to Sima Qian, the Xiongnu were descendants of Chunwei (淳維), possibly a son of Jie, the final ruler of the Xia Dynasty. There is no direct evidence to either refute or support this theory.

There is no scholarly consensus concerning the language of the Xiongnu. Based on historical analysis conducted from the early nineteenth century through the twentieth century, some scholars, including Jean-Pierre Abel-Rémusat, Julius Klaproth, Shiratori Kurakichi, Gustaf John Ramstedt, Annemarie von Gabain and Omeljan Pritsak, believe it was a Turkic language; others, like Paul Pelliot, insist on a Mongolic origin; Albert Terrien de Lacouperie considered them to be multi component groups.[2]

Lajos Ligeti was the first to suggest that the Xiongnu spoke a Yeniseian language. In the early 1960s, Edwin Pulleyblank was the first to expand upon this idea with credible evidence. In 2000, Alexander Vovin reanalyzed Pulleyblank's argument and found further support for it by utilizing the most recent reconstruction of Old Chinese phonology by Starostin and Baxter, and a single Chinese transcription of a sentence in the language of the Jie (a member tribe of the Xiongnu confederacy). Previous Turkic interpretations of that sentence do not match the Chinese translation as precisely as the interpretation using Yeniseian grammar.[3]

Recent genetics research in 2003[4] confirmed the studies[5] indicating that the Turkic peoples,[6] originated from the same area and therefore are possibly related.

At archaeological sites in Yinshan and Helanshan, dating from the ninth millennium B.C.E. to nineteenth century, rock art consisting mainly of petroglyphs (engraved signs) and a few painted images have been discovered.[7] Scholars such as Ma Liqing, who presumed the petroglyphs to be the sole extant writing of the Xiongnu, have made a comparison between the petroglyphs and the Orkhon script (the earliest known Turkic alphabet), and argued for a connection between them.[

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Xiongnu

Unified China under the Han Dynasty was not pleased by Wiman Choson’s growth and control of
eastward trade, and was concerned about a possible alliance between Wiman Choson and the
Hsiung-nu(Xiongnu) (barbarians then expanding out of Mongolia into Manchuria). The aggressive Emperor
Wu of Han launched an attack against the Wiman Choson when diplomacy failed to bring them to
heel. The Wiman Choson were a tough adversary but were weakened by defections and
collaborationists among the nobility. The Wiman Choson capital fell in 108 BC and the kingdom
came to an end.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This was interesting:

Soooo... That really looks like he used our civilization emblem for the Xiongnu, doesn't it? Perhaps an adaptation of Stanislas' iteration to be precise? In the previous page of this thread Mauiaw asked to use the emblem in his mod for Shogun 2, Total War, so that might explain it? Anyway, it looks cool :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sundiata said:

This was interesting:

Soooo... That really looks like he used our civilization emblem for the Xiongnu, doesn't it? Perhaps an adaptation of Stanislas' iteration to be precise? In the previous page of this thread Mauiaw asked to use the emblem in his mod for Shogun 2, Total War, so that might explain it? Anyway, it looks cool :) 

lol i I'm subscribed to his channel. I don't see problem, when an idea is cool other adapt them to their needs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soshanko said:

great choice as a civ. will their nomadic life style implement in the game? like herding, shifting places etc.

Herding has come up in some discussions before, but would still require quite some work to get in the game.

The Xiongnu are also nomadic in-game. They can pack and un-pack their structures and move them to a different location. They're not 100% complete, but nomadic game-play will definitely evolve in future alpha's. Feel free to check out Terra Magna (download from the in-game mod-downloader), which features the Xiongnu alongside the Han Chinese and the Zapatecs. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Feel free to check out Terra Magna (download from the in-game mod-downloader), which features the Xiongnu alongside the Han Chinese and the Zapatecs. 

I have downloaded and checked the mod.

The problem first came to my consideration is the look. Its really poor. Graphic works are very unprofessional compared to the main game factions. Need to focus on the graphic and do it more professionally.

*sorry if this comment hurts anybody.

Edited by soshanko
adding an extra line

1 hour ago, soshanko said:

I have downloaded and checked the mod.

The problem first came to my consideration is the look. Its really poor. Graphic works are very unprofessional compared to the main game factions. Need to focus on the graphic and do it more professionally.

*sorry if this comment hurts anybody.

More specific?

colors don't feel alive! color combination can be updated. mini pics of soldiers are not clear enough! feels like low pixel image. finishing could be improved on almost every prospect. 

I wanna say they feels like dead not alive. color matching with the buildings basic color is seriously needed.

as an example, Xiongnu  huts need urgent color matching.

:)