Faction : Nomads Xiongnu

Lion.Kanzen

4 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone have you thinked to write an aura for the trees just like the civic centers wich affects the units near them ? reducing the walking speed of infantry and even more for the cavalry and also the visual range.

Yes, I have thought of doing that with the Groves. Also, it would be cool for some civs to  be able to "garrison" into groves as part of an ambush feature. So, if you were Iberians or Celts, you could garrison a battalion of soldiers into a grove of trees near the enemy base, and then ungarrison them at some opportune time to take the enemy unawares. Your troops could stay hidden in the grove for as long as there is still over 50% of the wood available. After that, your troops are pushed out and ungarrisoned, kind of like how when a building gets too low health it spits out the garrison.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

Yes, thats sounds good, i will try to see what i can do with the trees aura,  and also i already separated the cavalry from the infantry as different classes and make able the cavalry to charge if they are in certaing range, but that just call the animation for run they won't just run and charge to the unit if they are too far away, and sometimes they don't run while they are near the enemies so i guess is the chasing template working over there. Now i have to read further the attack file for see if i can do a new type of attack for the cavalry assault.

image.png.f848b3e8b5ef78ded7ac96afe9e2ab9b.png

This is what i added

Edited by Alexandermb

I'll see what i can do tomorrow,

• the archers are done
  • made 2 animations like the one in milleniumad for the blacksmith but different
  • 9 Helmets (Looking for have more)
  • 2 spears
  • 4 swords + 2 han swords
  • 4 shields done
  • 2 arrows
  • 1 bow 2 colour variants
  • quivers for both sides + 2 colour variants
  • 2 longhair heads
  • 3 zebu colours
  • 10 head textures ( 8 xion + 2 from rise of the east)
  • wagon with 4 roof variants
  • 5 units textures (Maybe more) 
  • Womens missing

• Civic center Done
  • blacksmith Done
  • Houses Done
  • Temple (WIP)
  • Corral Done
  • Market/Food deposit Done

• Spoiler

image.png.4453abbf6f3e1b802e92ca2e901aa715.pngimage.png.cc8016a9e4a7e338d7642c63ddf8a53c.pngimage.thumb.png.b4cbbf0e258cacc026c6c8899a2e9dbf.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

image.png.079ef2f53b8bf254b51ef591ce6591a1.png

Circle of Tengerism is an organization dedicated to the preservation of Shamanism as practiced by the Mongolian and Turkic peoples of Siberia and Central Asia.

http://www.tengerism.org/
The purpose of this website is to educate Westerners about our ancient beliefs and to keep our traditions alive.

ecause Siberia was closed to the Western world until the 1990’s there is a lot of misinformation about shamanism and the aboriginal peoples that practice it. Here are some misconceptions about shamanism that are common in the West ,

image.png.40ad094f73af9a9aa76900131b5bea68.png

When the Russians started conquering and colonizing Siberia, they first came upon shamans among the Evenk people. (The Russians call the Evenk “Tungus”). The Evenks, and their neighbors, the Buryats, use the term “shaman” for their spiritual leaders. The word spread from the Russians to the Americas via anthropologists who were studying Native Americans. These anthropologists needed a word to describe what they thought the Native Americans were doing and did not understand the very different world views that the peoples had. It is a shame that native peoples were not given a chance to define their own spiritual beliefs and had outsiders label them in generic, condescending, and destructive ways. They never bothered to ask the Native Americans what their words for their beliefs were.

I myself am Buryat and find it confusing how the term has grown and changed in the West. What was once a very specific term used by my people has become to mean everything and yet nothing in the West. Westerners tend to label everything earth-based as shamanism because their culture lacked the vocabulary to discuss these matters otherwise.

When I use the term “shaman” in these writings, I refer to the true traditional meaning of the word. The ancestors of my tribe have practiced this path since the beginning of time. I hope that by sharing my thoughts and traditions with you, we can bring better understanding among peoples.

The great number of nations that populated the Americas were extremely diverse. Their clothing, languages, lifestyles, and spiritual traditions varied to a large degree. Trying to classify all of these peoples into only one stereotype is inaccurate.

Many Native Americans get insulted by being called “shamans” because this is a foreign word to them and it does not necessarily define what they are. Just because a tribe has a similar spiritual practitioner in their culture, does not necessarily make them a shaman. Furthermore, it is more respectful of native peoples to be referred to by their own names and titles from their own language.

Native American beliefs may hold some things in common with Tengerism, but this does not mean that they should be “clumped” together. They do not worship the same gods as Tengerists, nor do they maintain the same beliefs in the afterlife. The differences in spiritual world view can be great. Native people’s beliefs should not all be clumped together in to one “primitive” category. Native people are not all the same and their cultural differences, sacred traditions and legends are not just “cultural baggage”.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1