Faction : Nomads Xiongnu

Lion.Kanzen

23 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Well, if you want to be pedantic, then neither did many sedentary cultures. Greeks, besides Spartans, did not have standing armies, and most ranged units like archers and slingers were home-trained. :) Barracks and Archery Ranges and whatnot in the game are abstract concepts for gameplay purposes. 

I understand. In a sense barracks/archery range can be treated as a RTS abstracted representation of "men being removed from their day-to-day, economically productive lives, given armaments, and go to war". However, this abatraction really doesn't reflect the nomads' way of life&war very well (or at all).

That being said, as long as they can keep their core playstyle (outmaneuver, outnumber and outexperience their foes), I don't really mind a barrack or two.

2 minutes ago, wolflance said:

I understand. In a sense barracks/archery range can be treated as a RTS abstracted representation of "men being removed from their day-to-day, economically productive lives, given armaments, and go to war". However, this abatraction really doesn't reflect the nomads' way of life&war very well (or at all).

That being said, as long as they can keep their core playstyle (outmaneuver, outnumber and outexperience their foes), I don't really mind a barrack or two.

We create a Stable.

10 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

I need a little help with some ideas for the horse animations, for now i have 7 animations

But i need something when the rider is attacking, the horse shouldn't stay just idle like freezed, should i make a similar animation to the cavalry archers of AoE2 ?

Horse can stamp, can buck, can do all kinds of things. :) Maybe try looking on Youtube?

30 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Horse can stamp, can buck, can do all kinds of things. :) Maybe try looking on Youtube?

i'm looking some, i saw AoE2, maybe will try look attila total war because the have beautiful horses, and some medieval/ancient era movies when the rider attack

this are the first animations i've made for the horse

• Like 1