0abc mod

Nescio

0abc updated

• each rank (0 to 12) has a new chevron icon to distinguish them individually
  • corrals, docks, farmsteads, markets, rotary mills, storehouses have to be placed at distances of 20 m from economic buildings, to prevent players from building “storehouse walls”; because distances are calculated from the centre, markets can still be directly adjacent; small buildings leave just enough room for a small unit to walk in between them
  • barracks, blacksmiths, cavalry stables, elephant stables, and embassies have to be placed at distances of 30 m from military buildings; because they're typically large and distance is calculated from the centre, this leaves enough room for units to move in between
  • reduced cavalry speed
  • new team bonuses:
    brit: allied units cost -4% metal
    mace: allied units cost -4% wood
    ptol: allied units cost -4% food
  • several other minor changes
Edited by Nescio
ce
  • Like 1

0abc updated

• Removed experience loot from all structures which can not shoot arrows.

• Army camp, civic centres, colonies, crannogs, fortresses, outposts, and towers have a default experience value equal to 10% of maximum health.

• Reduced the number of arrows civic centres can fire (both default and maximum), but also added “town watch” and “city watch” technologies which each add one default arrow.

• Briton, Gaulish, and Iberian civic centres are 20% faster to construct, cheaper, and weaker than those of other factions.

• Wonders are now all completely statistically identical to each other:

• Celtic (Briton and Gaulish) wonder no longer has -20% build time, capture points, and health

• Greek (Athenian, Macedonian, Spartan) wonder no longer has +10% build time, capture points, and health

• Persian wonder is no longer affected by “Persian Architecture” technology

• Seleucid wonder no longer has 4400 (instead of default 5000) health (D936)

• All wonders heal garrisoned units at 5 HP per second (instead of some at 1 HP and others at 8 HP)

• Each wonder has the same five auras:

• heal units within 50 m radius at 2 HP per second (instead of some not at all and others at 3 HP within 30 m)

• increase maximum population limit by +10.0 (flat)

• increase territory influence radius by +20% (equivalent to a theatre)

• increase maximum population limit by +10% (requires “Glorious Expansion”)

• increase territory influence radius by another +20% (requires “Glorious Expansion”)

• Celtic druids (healers) have +20% walk speed, +4 crush, hack, and pierce armour levels, but also +50 metal and wood costs, and +100% training time; and they have two auras:

• enemy soldiers within 10 m radius have -10% attack strength

• own infantry within 20 m radius have +15% walk speed

• Many other minor changes

Edited by Nescio
ce
  • Like 1

The game runs very smooth without error and very nice/interesting. 

Things  I noticed that might need review:

1. The ability to train champs on barracks is already in place once P3 is reached and even without researching the tech. 

2. Maybe you altered the arrangement of the resources intentionally because the metal is next to the wood even in the market. 

3. The wild animals lure us still the same as in vanilla but it’s nice when playing SP coz they follow the one who attack them even if out of LOS, so I cam make a nice zoo. MP wise many players may not really  like it as it’s  quite unreal. 

4. The unit promotions has some errors on specs. So far I see the 3 ranked on Iberian skirm cav has lower pierce than first and second. On champs cavalry too the 3rd rank has less HP than the 1st and 2nd.

5. Melee hero cavalry still at 3.5 seconds attack rate.

I forgot the another one.

The  meta with those new techs and unit resources requirements, the unit specs, as well as the options menus on  starting resources are very impressive. I just played against 1 Hardest AI but it’s running without error. 

One thing that you might be able to change is the delete icon of buildings espaciallt the CC. It should be separate and far from other icons so that accidental deletion of it is avoided. Twice I deleted my CC on an MP game as I try to ungarrison my units quickly.

Well done!

Edited by Servo

Thank you for your post, I do appreciate feedback!

1 hour ago, Servo said:

The game runs very smooth without error and very nice/interesting.

Yes, it's not supposed to generate errors :) However, there might be errors occassionally on some maps and in some games. Several issues (e.g. A.I.) of Alpha 22 (newest stable version) are already fixed in Alpha 23 (svn version in development); 0abc runs on Alpha 22.

1 hour ago, Servo said:

1. The ability to train champs on barracks is already in place once P3 is reached and even without researching the tech.

A few barracks champions (e.g. thureophoros) require the city phase only, most (e.g. swordsmen) require unlock champions, several (e.g. Maiden archer) require “Glorious Expansion” (wonder).

1 hour ago, Servo said:

2. Maybe you altered the arrangement of the resources intentionally because the metal is next to the wood even in the market.

Oh, yes, I did, that's true and intentional: in my mind metal is more important than stone, therefore I changed it to display metal everywhere before stone, instead of after.

1 hour ago, Servo said:

3. The wild animals lure us still the same as in vanilla but it’s nice when playing SP coz they follow the one who attack them even if out of LOS, so I cam make a nice zoo. MP wise many players may not really  like it as it’s  quite unreal.

Fauna in this mod ought to behave exactly the same as in the default distribution, because I haven't changed the animal files, nor do I intend to. If this is changed in Alpha 23 then it will automatically be changed in 0abc as well.

1 hour ago, Servo said:

4. The unit promotions has some errors on specs. So far I see the 3 ranked on Iberian skirm cav has lower pierce than first and second. On champs cavalry too the 3rd rank has less HP than the 1st and 2nd.

Are you really sure? I checked the files first and then launched a test game; I could not reproduce it, every promotion has consistently higher stats than any previous rank, as expected.

The only explanation I have is that you possibly confused the 4th and 5th rank with the 1st and 2nd. (Rank 0 has *no* chevrons; ranks 1, 2, 3 have one, two, three *metal* chevrons respectively; ranks 4, 5, 6 one, two, three *bronze* chevrons; ranks 7, 8, 9 one, two, three *silver* chevrons; ranks 10, 11, 12 one, two, three *gold* chevrons; but these are mere aesthetics.) If you want to know the rank of a single unit, move your cursor to the top left of the unit icon, and rank will appear in small text (e.g. “0 rank”).

2 hours ago, Servo said:

5. Melee hero cavalry still at 3.5 seconds attack rate.

True. In an earlier version I had made hero templates dependent on their non-hero counterparts, however, I reverted it because it produced errors I did not understand. I've postponed it for now, although I still intend to implement it eventually.

2 hours ago, Servo said:

One thing that you might be able to change is the delete icon of buildings espaciallt the CC. It should be separate and far from other icons so that accidental deletion of it is avoided. Twice I deleted my CC on an MP game as I try to ungarrison my units quickly.

Unfortunately, I do not exactly understand what you mean. I've not changed any of this, therefore this mod ought to work the same as the default 0 A.D. game:

• Single click on a garrisoned unit icon to unload one
  • Shift-click on a garrisoned unit icon to unload all units of that type
  • Press U to ungarrison all garrisoned units
  • Press Delete to delete a structure or unit (a confirmation screen will pop-up)
  • Press Shift-Delete to delete and directly confirm (pop-up screen is skipped)

Thanks! Lol now I see! The ranks can be identified when you moved the cursor to the it!  I was using the Iberian and I can see the max champion cavalry has indeed have max 12 rank though it indicates 3.

Well you might not be allowed but if you have a garrisoned unit in the CC you will see that the icon to unload is besides the destroy icon. If by accident you attempted hurriedly to Ungarrison the unit but fall short to move towards the exact unload icon and click it on the destroy icon it could accidentally destroy your CC. I think this destroy icon should be moved  further left just so you have more clearance from other command icons.

I am continuing some more test coz it looks like you did a very good job!

The units (most except swordsmen I guess which is better meta) seemed to have difficulty destroying structures. Even the Iberian cav champ has difficulty too! And these things are more close to real than the other meta. Also the rams attack rate is really awesome at I guess 3 seconds.

That wonder techs! You have both for infantry and cavalry is really great!

Let me check other Civs! Hope at least against 4 Hardest AIs on at least 200 units is not laggy.

6 hours ago, Servo said:

Thanks! Lol now I see! The ranks can be identified when you moved the cursor to the it!  I was using the Iberian and I can see the max champion cavalry has indeed have max 12 rank though it indicates 3.

Here is a comparison of rank icons:

Ranks.png.03d72159354130fc8dd58267420098a5.png

Personally I think the chevrons in different metal colours look more aesthetically pleasing, but I suppose I could also create numeric icons, as an option with higher clarity.

Keep in mind increased rank (e.g. drill researches) not only means increased stats, but also increased training time and reduced resource gather rates.

EDIT: if you want to replace the rank chevrons with numbers, git pull or download the updated repository, then open 0ad/mods/0abc-unified/gui/session/selection_details.js and replace lines 500--551 (function getRankIconSprite(entState)) with:

Spoiler

function getRankIconSprite(entState)
{
	if (entState.identity.rank == "Basic")
		return "stretched:session/icons/alphabet/b.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "Advanced")
		return "stretched:session/icons/alphabet/a.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "Elite")
		return "stretched:session/icons/alphabet/e.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "0")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/00.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "1")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/01.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "2")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/02.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "3")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/03.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "4")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/04.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "5")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/05.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "6")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/06.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "7")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/07.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "8")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/08.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "9")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/09.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "10")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/10.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "11")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/11.png";

if (entState.identity.rank == "12")
		return "stretched:session/icons/numbers/12.png";

return "";
}

(0abc now has 16×16 pixel images for A--Z and for the numbers 0--100 (which might be useful if someone intends to create e.g. a Pokémon mod :)))

Edited by Nescio
ce

I was playing against 3 Hardest AI on the new Corinthian Isthmus:

1. Error on failure to load ranged foot units on all players. This did not happen on 1v1 test.

2. When I use “wololo” on Greek 3rd ranked Hoplite the same headless bug occur. I guess I had this bug on A21 reported. The wololoed Greek slinger can’t gather either metal or stone also.

3. Maybe intentionally you removed the black color. 

4. I wololo a Ptolemy camel but I can’t garrison it to my Seleucid CC to heal. 

5. Still from time to time maybe my game on mods crashes on SP but I noticed it doesn’t crash on MP. When I reload the saved portion of the same game it continues. I will try to post the crash later on Bugs. This time I’m using a very good specs A17 laptop with mostly pc games on it. The crash was kind of having less memory but I know it has plenty of HD space. I have 8 GB of memory too. 

Edited by Servo

On 02/10/2017 at 8:06 PM, Servo said:

1. Error on failure to load ranged foot units on all players. This did not happen on 1v1 test.

This has something to do with how skirmish maps are generated, although I don't understand why (I haven't touched any skirmish file). However, when a game has started, you can safely train additional ranged infantry without errors.

Moreover, this error does not occur on random maps; there you start with two ranged infantry units, as it should be. Unfortunately generating a random map is significantly more time consuming (up to a few minutes).

2. When I use “wololo” on Greek 3rd ranked Hoplite the same headless bug occur.

Frankly, I don't understand what you mean.

The wololoed Greek slinger can’t gather either metal or stone also.

True, mercenaries can hunt, forage, cut wood, and build, but can not mine metal, quarry stone, nor farm. In 0abc mercenaries are distinct from both citizens and champions.

3. Maybe intentionally you removed the black color.

What do you mean exactly?

4. I wololo a Ptolemy camel but I can’t garrison it to my Seleucid CC to heal.

Dogs, cavalry, camels, chariots, and elephants are all separate, disjunct classes. A building which can garrison one class is not necessarily able to garrison all others.

EDIT: 0abc updated, most structures have garrison classes changed to just “Human” (which means you can now also garrison e.g. camels in centres).

5. Still from time to time maybe my game on mods crashes on SP but I noticed it doesn’t crash on MP. When I reload the saved portion of the same game it continues. I will try to post the crash later on Bugs.

Could you be more specific?

Edited by Nescio
update

On 02/10/2017 at 7:06 PM, Servo said:

Nescio said:

This has something to do with how skirmish maps are generated, although I don't understand why [...]

Your simulation/templates/template_unit_infantry_ranged.xml file needs a <ProjectileSpeed> line under the Attack/Ranged section, ie. <ProjectileSpeed>75.0</ProjectileSpeed>

(The file is inherited by skirmish/units/default_infantry_ranged_b.xml which is used as a placeholder on skirmish maps until replaced by a suitable civ-specific template.)

2 hours ago, s0600204 said:

Your simulation/templates/template_unit_infantry_ranged.xml file needs a <ProjectileSpeed> line under the Attack/Ranged section, ie. <ProjectileSpeed>75.0</ProjectileSpeed>

(The file is inherited by skirmish/units/default_infantry_ranged_b.xml which is used as a placeholder on skirmish maps until replaced by a suitable civ-specific template.)

You're right, many thanks for pointing this out! Another error solved, 0abc is updated again.

Wololo is a cheat to acquire any units including animals. Idk if there’s an effect on the meta when using it. 

The color assignments have no black on that particular game. Not being racist but I usually assign Ptolemy, Iberian, sometimes Mauryans with black but in the 4 player game the black color was missing. I know that there’s only 8 colors are enough for maximum number of players. 

MP is multiplayer and SP is single player. Though I haven’t fully tested the vanilla on more than 2 players in A22 but in A21 I seldom or maybe did not experience any crashes in SP using Tuscan Acropolis as my test map. If I happen to save the game before it crashes (I use a windows10 pc) reloading the game is fine and the game continues. 

Yeah I remember mercenaries can’t be promoted in DE too. But foot units can gather any resources as in units produced from Carthage Iberian, Italian and Gaul embassies. One thing that’s unusual is the unit I mentioned can gather wood but not metal and stone. 

Edited by Servo

6 hours ago, Servo said:

Wololo is a cheat to acquire any units including animals. Idk if there’s an effect on the meta when using it.

Cheats are one of many examples which I haven't touched and should thus work the same in 0abc as in the default 0 A.D. distribution.

6 hours ago, Servo said:

The color assignments have no black on that particular game. Not being racist but I usually assign Ptolemy, Iberian, sometimes Mauryans with black but in the 4 player game the black color was missing. I know that there’s only 8 colors are enough for maximum number of players.

Yes, I changed the player colours with brighter ones for increased visibility. Black (or actually dark gray) was very hard to read above a dark background (e.g. unexplored areas) therefore I replaced that colour with purple.

6 hours ago, Servo said:

MP is multiplayer and SP is single player.

An obvious abbreviation which I had no difficulty with to understand :)

6 hours ago, Servo said:

Though I haven’t fully tested the vanilla on more than 2 players in A22 but in A21 I seldom or maybe did not experience any crashes in SP using Tuscan Acropolis as my test map. If I happen to save the game before it crashes (I use a windows10 pc) reloading the game is fine and the game continues.

0abc is based upon Alpha 22; there might be issues when you run it under a different version. However, a general statement such as “it crashes” is too unspecific and can not be solved without additional details. Under what circumstances does it crash, what happens (e.g. lag, freeze, shut down), which error messages are produced, etc.

6 hours ago, Servo said:

Yeah I remember mercenaries can’t be promoted in DE too. But foot units can gather any resources as in units produced from Carthage Iberian, Italian and Gaul embassies. One thing that’s unusual is the unit I mentioned can gather wood but not metal and stone. 

0abc is developed completely independently from DE and mercenaries are treated differently. Have a look at “2.1.2 Worker rates” of the 0abc-readme.pdf. Mercenaries can promote (as can champions) and can gather wood, but not mine metal or quarry ore.

0abc updated again, minor changes:

• heroes:
    • are trainable at civil centre (instead of fortress)
    • are available in village phase (instead of city phase) to allow their auras to make a difference earlier in the game
    • have only 50% health in village phase, 80% in town phase, 100% in city phase (to prevent a single village phase hero from wiping out other players on its own)
  • village phase grants structures +1.0 health regeneration, town phase halves this to 0.5, city phase reduces it to 0 (because decent defensive structures are only available in city phase)
  • goat, sheep, and pig are no longer statistically identical
  • changes to unlock champions and other technologies, structures, units, etc.

As usual, have a look at 0abc-readme.pdf

thank you for the upload, now i am able to try out the mod.

Roman army camp gives error and can't be built because of its EjectHealth  and GarrisonHolder components.

Also I am not sure why but there was a weird bug with women trying to build a grainfield. Despite it was full hp ( 300 / 300 ), it couldn't be gathered and women kept trying to build it as if unfinished.

Thank you for your feedback!

I indeed forgot a line of code in the army camp template, which is now fixed.

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the grain field bug you mentioned. I just checked and females have no difficulty with building nor working on fields. Are you sure you're using 0abc with Alpha 22 (and no other mods enabled)?

If you encounter any other bugs or errors, please post them here.

0abc updated (again):

• Heroes are weakened but somewhat cheaper:
    • all heroes require 0 population (and are available at all civil centres, starting at village phase)
      • healer and infantry heroes cost 100 food, metal, and wood, 30 training time, and have 500 health
      • cavalry heroes cost 200 food, metal, and wood, 40 training time, and have 1000 health
      • chariot heroes cost 300 food, metal, and wood, 50 training time, and have 1500 health
      • war elephant heroes cost 400 food, metal, and wood, 60 training time, and have 2000 health
    • all hero bonus damage multipliers are removed; new damage penalties:
      • archer infantry and chariot heroes: 0.5× vs elephants
      • cavalry heroes: 0.75× vs camels and chariots, 0.5× vs elephants
      • war elephant heroes: 0.125× vs structures
    • hero armour technology is no longer available; instead, heroes gain +1 crush, hack, and pierce armour level per phase advance
    • and:
      • Macedonian hero Alexander no longer inflicts bonus damage vs other heroes
      • Mauryan hero Maurya has a new global area: elephants have -25% training time
      • Persian hero Cyrus can no longer train immortals
      • Ptolemian hero Ptolemy I is now a cavalry hero (instead of war elephant)
      • Ptolemian hero Ptolemy IV is now a war elephant hero (instead of cavalry)
      • Spartan hero Agis has a new local aura: units within 60 m move 15% faster
  • Battering rams gain +0.2 movement speed per infantry unit garrisoned inside
  • (Roman) scorpion is now half as cheap and half as strong as other bolt shooters
  • Fourth level cavalry and infantry drill technologies are removed, because the AI doesn't construct wonders
    • three levels of war dog drill technologies are available at the Briton kennels
    • three levels of war elephant drill technologies are available at the Mauryan elephant stables
    • three levels of camelry and chariot drill technologies exist but are currently unavailable
  • Civil centres have 0 default arrows, but each phase (village, town, city) there is a technology available which adds one more arrow
  • Fortresses can no longer train heroes nor cavalry or infantry champions (only siege weapons and occassionally war elephant or chariot champions)
    • Some champions are directly available at the barracks, some require an additional research, some can be trained at special buildings, some exist but are unavailable.
    • Greek (Athenian, Macedonian, and Spartan) Royal Stoa can no longer be constructed
    • Macedonian siege blacksmith can no longer be constructed
    • Mauryan champion infantry maidens can no longer be trained anywhere
  • Ptolemean barracks is now an infantry-only barracks
    • Ptolemian camel archer can be trained at the market, instead of the barracks
    • Ptolemian market is available in village phase, costs 50 food, 100 wood, and has +50% construction time
  • Roman army camp is buildable again
  • Several other minor changes

As usual, have a look at the 0abc-readme.pdf for more detailed information.

Edited by Nescio
ce

5 hours ago, Servo said:

The foot soldiers promote to maximum at level 4 only. Only champs can promote to maximum level 12. 

Once citizen (foot) soldiers reached its level 4 maximum the experience just cycle but don’t level up.

Many thanks for pointing this out! There was indeed a typo in many of the level 4 templates. I've now checked and corrected them all. 0abc is updated again.

0abc updated again:

• Fortresses are now purely defensive structures (cf. towers)
    • Siege weapons and -technologies are moved to siege workshops
    • Heroes are moved to civil centres
    • Elephants are moved to elephant stables
    • Champions, unique technologies, and “will to fight” are moved to military halls and occassionally other structures
  • Barracks and stables:
    • combined barracks: brit, cart, gaul, iber, rome
    • combined docks: brit, gaul, iber, maur
    • infantry barracks: athen, mace, maur, pers, ptol, sele, spart
    • camel stables: ptol
    • cavalry stables: athen, mace, maur, pers, ptol, sele, spart
    • chariot stables: currently unavailable (generic template and technologies are created already)
    • elephant stables: cart, maur, pers, ptol, sele
    • military halls: all except brit, iber, rome
    • military harbour: cart
    • shipyard: athen, cart, mace, rome, pers, ptol, sele, spart
    • siege workshop: all
  • All factions can construct battering rams in town phase
  • New unit: gastraphetes (Macedonian champion crossbowman); art by Alexandermb
  • Rearranged a few things in the session GUI:
    • detached the minimap from the central panel and moved it to the top right corner
    • resized the central panel from 1024px to 960 px (because 960*2=1920 and 960*4=3840)
      • left part is 360×240
      • middle part is 240×240
      • right part is 360×240
    • all icons use 32px images, except the single unit selection big icon, which is 64px (because all images are in powers of 2: 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc)
      • left part can support 8 stances, 25 formations, 5 barter resources, 3 alert bells, 20 garrisoned units (only barter and formations conflict)
      • central part can display up to 20 units
      • right part can display up to 60 icons
    • new, clearer rank icons
    • added a different background image for the left and right panels, to make it clear 0abc is loaded
    • Screenshot_from_2017-10-21_17-14-16.thumb.png.75064344dcdd3714b88043e7a22b0920.png
  • Several other minor changes

More details are included in 0abc-readme.pdf

Edited by Nescio
ce

After reading the readme, scanning over the readme.pdf and briefly reading over the posts on this thread I can't figured out if the AI is supposed to work on this mod? Also is it supposed to work with the current ongoing Alpha 23 dev version?

I mostly play/test the current Alpha and decided to install Alpha 22 (on linux environment) to try the mod after I got errors in the A23 one.

Is the map supposed to be in the upper right corner?

PS: I got it to launch in A22, but the AI doesn't do anything it stays with the units it starts with. Is that the expected behavior or is it something to do maybe with the version I was previously playing on this box?