DE A22 released

wowgetoffyourcellphone

Does anyone have a guide to install DE 22 on Mac? Which file do I have to put it? Mods, then public? I had the mods on tools and enabled it but when I selected and played it showed double DE and the welcome box exit can't be operated. I enabled both pro balance and DE A22. Could it be that I did not unzip it? 

Edited by Servo

7 hours ago, Servo said:

Does anyone have a guide to install DE 22 on Mac? Which file do I have to put it? Mods, then public? I had the mods on tools and enabled it but when I selected and played it showed double DE and the welcome box exit can't be operated. I enabled both pro balance and DE A22. Could it be that I did not unzip it? 

Here are the paths for different operating systems for installing mods for 0 A.D.:

- Linux : ~/.local/share/0ad/mods
- OSX : ~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/mods
- Windows : "Documents" or "My Documents" Folder => My Games\0ad\mods\

Unzip the Delenda Est zip to one of those paths. In Windows it should look something like this:

install.png

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

darnn it's too late night but I did it! I was able to download Nescios mod, the pro balance and now the DE! It's just a matter of hitting alt+enter twice on DE and Nescio mod while just hitting once on pro balance! 

Cant wait to play all these mods!

Edited by Servo

The Roman citizen soldiers and mercenaries can only build and can't gather any resources?! In single player it's ok but in multiplayer IMO they will be weak because humans can defend small skirmishes easily. If they can't gather might as well give them extra loot so that they become the most aggressive Civ and could be a training Civ for battle. I liken them as the Astecs in RoN which has not much bonus except higher loot. 

The game mechanics becomes more interesting. The 2 seconds rate of combat units execution works pretty well (especially on melee cavs) as well as the accuracy of every units! The champions aren't too OP which is fine. The aura thing is awesome but i have to find a way to strategically accumulate it efficiently. The unit spamming is still easy but cavalry rushes are now not much effective as in the vanilla. The blacksmith techs are so cheap but lets give it a try for a couple of games if it's really good or bad for the game. I haven't gone through all but I'm really impressed. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

I'm gonna have to apologize, but nobody will be able to play multiplayer because of the arrow markers. You could update it with the code from a23 though.

If you could zip the files needed together, I can post it on moddb as a hotfix.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

I played the Scyctan steeps and found these observations:

1. Some if not most mercenaries can't promote to highest rank. 

2. Fort is bugged? It seems that unit garrisoned are shown taking positions but they are visible and some are floating. I used the Seleucid. 

3. Most big trees belong to one Civ  and in my case belongs to romans located at the north west. Also the sheeps. 

4. I guess you used an eye candy in big trees because the siege tower can pass through heavily forested area. 

1 hour ago, Servo said:

I played the Scyctan steeps and found these observations:

1. Some if not most mercenaries can't promote to highest rank. 

2. Fort is bugged? It seems that unit garrisoned are shown taking positions but they are visible and some are floating. I used the Seleucid. 

3. Most big trees belong to one Civ  and in my case belongs to romans located at the north west. Also the sheeps. 

4. I guess you used an eye candy in big trees because the siege tower can pass through heavily forested area. 

LOL, that map isn't really completed yet. 

But yes, about #4, trees are passable by units. That's a feature, not a bug.

Ohh I see. That's why the Gaia towers don't fire same as in the other 6 player nomad map with Kushite Gaias. 

I like that map but needs more hardened Gaia units and hope they are like in Danubius that keeps spamming B). I know that there are so many vacant spaces on that map that needs to be filled up hoping other types of wild animals too. IMO the initial players locations are quite close to the middle than to the edges though map size is quite good. It maybe imbalance for FFA but fine with team games. It's a good map for single player on 1v3 AI. The trees in the base might be scarce (not a problem since dropsites can be placed anywhere) but placed beautifully with shrubs (any shrubs in any map is awesome).

In the 6 player nomad (britanic nomad?) the AI opponent or maybe allies are not behaving properly as they don't take the treasures and building docks than CC. Some AIs from the opposite side build their CC too close to each other too that they could hardly develop and thereby slow to advance. I think this map should be better not in nomad. This map is pretty and best in wild fauna only lacking boar and wolf. 

Edited by Servo