Ships should not pass through partially submerged objects

Looking at the extinct volcano map, I noticed that, when the water rise, the ships can move across partially submerged buildings and trees (this is visible also in the trailer). My proposal is to implement 3D obstruction boxes and to compute which objects cross the water level each time the water rise (or, better, water level - x meters).

1 hour ago, dvaosta said:

Looking at the extinct volcano map, I noticed that, when the water rise, the ships can move across partially submerged buildings and trees (this is visible also in the trailer). My proposal is to implement 3D obstruction boxes and to compute which objects cross the water level each time the water rise (or, better, water level - x meters).

Currently all objects have obstructions only on plane, and to make it 3D only need to add a height. But objects have different form, so to make really good obstructions we need to add 3D collider mesh, which is the really complex task.

• Like 1