===[COMMITTED]=== Spartan Structures

LordGood

2 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Isn't that a little overkill? Siege workshop, archery range, cavalry stables for all civ's: definitely yes!

I kinda agree but what's the role of those buildings? training a couple of units only from each building may be dispersive ( look at carthaginians ), on the other hand there could be dedicated technologies to research for an arbitrary class of units, eventually trained from such a building.

Unlocking champions from barracks through a technology make training champions quite easy as long as it is 1-time research only tech.

Replacing that technology with a barracks upgrade  into an advanced one would replace old trainable units with champions only, obviously trainable from the upgraded barracks only.

• seleucids may choose between 2 upgrades:  traditional advanced barrack and  reformed advanced barracks
  • iberians may choose between 2 upgrades:  towered barrack and advanced barracks

There could be more blacksmiths [ melee blacksmith, armorsmith, ranged blacksmith ] where to research class specific techs.

Edited by Grugnas

We're already dealing with a laundry list of 37 buildings. I am doing work for the base game, let me be clear. Any benefit to modders is coincidental aside from Terra Magna, but don't mistake that for contempt, you've all proven to be quite snappy when it comes to experimenting and implementing alternative features.

I'm only modelling these between job applications. If things fall off it means good things for me, and I don't want to dump a huge list of tasks on the art department.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, LordGood said:

I'm only modelling these between job applications. If things fall off it means good things for me, and I don't want to dump a huge list of tasks on the art department.

Nice how is it going ? Have you looked on glassdoor ?

I'm getting my hopes up but I applied for Ubisoft as programmer and it's going alright so far to become my finals year internship.

• Like 1

Just now, LordGood said:

I've been using Indeed, never heard of glassdoor until now. If you can intern for a big company like that, put it on the top of your resume lol

Definitely will lol. I think if anything I will owe my entrance to those 6 years of 0AD.

I found the job offer on glassdoor :)

• Like 1

Necios mod is really really nice except that some structures were borrowed from other Civs art just to produce specific units from specialized combat units (just played Seleucid, eles and cavalry stables from maurya and Persia respectively but it works training units; good start; and using a blacksmith art as siege workshop).

With the help of the art people modders can really have more interesting game. Hope these art people could stay from time to time even if they found real jobs. 

Barracks for melee foot units, archery range for all range units, stables for all melee cavs and siege workshop for siege units. Bonus camelry, elephantrry, or chariots structure will be nice too. If some players complain of too much requirements needed to train winning combo units so be it but hope these beautiful artworks won’t go to waste. More structures could also effect a good gameplay if planned properly.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...