Hyrule Conquest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, The Undying Nephalim said:

The Fairies changing the seasons is a pretty large scale magical effect, not exactly natural. That being said, I'd not be opposed to the change being like a shockwave that slowly spreads across the map from the Sundial after it changes the seasons. I have to work with what's in the engine currently and I'm not skilled enough to make my own components.

Perhaps there could be a game trigger where the game slows to half or quarter speed around a certain time, for 1-10 seconds. Everyone would notice this and they would see the changes, similar to how meaningful moments on a film might be played with a cinematic slow ?

11 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Hrm, so they still mosh pit. Hopefully it can be iterated. 

Do you know much about the Unit AI  ? Who is the guy to talk to about that? I would think that to make units fight in formations, you just have to modify the "sloppiness" code in the formations. Units should be set to "not move" relative to their position in the formation. Certain formations might move more. The Greek Phalanxes should generally move very little. Germanics would probably barely keep to any formation at all. But one necessary addition for the unit AI, including Germanics, is that targeting a group, rather than specific units in that group.

I would actually love to work on this problem myself, after I release my first mod. I need to get a better understanding of custom resources and gui screens first to finish my mod.

Edited by myou5e

The battalions are still wip btw, this is not the final release, it will be tweaked over time. This is the first iteration of it. Exodarion is still improving and tweaking it. It largely depends if they are emulating BFME or Total war style battalions too. Nonetheless what has been accomplished so far is really nice imo.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

Edited by Rolf Dew

1 hour ago, myou5e said:

Do you know much about the Unit AI  ? Who is the guy to talk to about that? I would think that to make units fight in formations, you just have to modify the "sloppiness" code in the formations. Units should be set to "not move" relative to their position in the formation. Certain formations might move more. The Greek Phalanxes should generally move very little. Germanics would probably barely keep to any formation at all. But one necessary addition for the unit AI, including Germanics, is that targeting a group, rather than specific units in that group.

I would actually love to work on this problem myself, after I release my first mod. I need to get a better understanding of custom resources and gui screens first to finish my mod.

Guys to talk to about this are @Angen @wraitii maybe @Itms  and in hc @Exodarion

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-conquest/downloads/hyrule-conquest-08

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-conquest/downloads/low-poly-patch-for-08

New hc version released. @wowgetoffyourcellphone @Angen @Stan` @Freagarach , there is battalion support and other features as shown on previous videos and some new additions and suprises.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Here can find the battalion code from Hyrule's mod who work with actual vanilla version of 0ad (0.0.23 Ken Wood)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/olj7hu2s07w91m1/0ad_battalion.rar/file

There are some error messages, bugs and need to be balanced but it works.

I did it for myself and after reflexion, i said "why not sharing this ?"... I think there are some peoples who can enjoy this.

I actually do myself a balance mod of this for my private use, but if the creator of Hyrule's mod wants, i can publish it after i finish.

Of course, all credits go to Hyrule Conquest's creator for batallions code and Wildfire for the game :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1