Hyrule Conquest

@The Undying Nephalim the gatherers for fairies need to have UnitAi. Without it, they will not try to gather.

Also you would need to pass them order to gather first. Another thing you would need to do is to give them resource dropsite component as well.

Then it could work.

I can code gathering support for building if you still want to use this approach so you do not have to use unitai.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, Angen said:

@The Undying Nephalim the gatherers for fairies need to have UnitAi. Without it, they will not try to gather.

Giving it UnitAI seems to just cause an error

<p class="error">ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/UnitAI.js line 4292
TypeError: cmpUnitMotion is null
  UnitAI.prototype.MoveToTargetRange@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4292:2
  UnitAI.prototype.UnitFsmSpec["Order.Gather"]@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:595:7
  FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:274:12
  UnitAI.prototype.PushOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3637:13
  UnitAI.prototype.ReplaceOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3750:3
  UnitAI.prototype.AddOrder@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:4830:3
  UnitAI.prototype.PerformGather@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:5104:2
  UnitAI.prototype.Gather@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:5064:2
  g_Commands.gather/&lt;@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:241:4
  g_Commands.gather@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:240:3
  ProcessCommand@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:47:3</p>

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gameboy said:

@The Undying Nephalim Can you provide support for A24 version of the Mod?

I think he would only do that when Alpha 24 is released, since the majority of his fans don't use svn and only use the current alpha. Anyway one can just install Alpha 23b and play it, if I understand correctly, you can have both the svn version and alpha 23b installed at the same time.

Edited by Rolf Dew
  • Like 1

I found that if I play as Fairies of Tarm on Tarm Ruins, it will freeze the game eventually after revealing too much map detail... but play as Labrynna won't freeze even after revealed the whole map, and Fairies of Tarm won't freeze the game on Gerudo Oasis:o

Maybe bacause my PC only has 8GB of RAM? (I always play with low poly patch)

Edited by e5270202

3 hours ago, Angen said:

hi @e5270202,

don't know if it helps, can you try to play with disabled particles? I think fairies just have too much of them. :)

With particles disabled, playing as Fairies on Tarm Ruins didn't freeze even I revealed the whole map (although FPS dropped), but when I have about 50 units and changing the season from winter back to spring... game frozen again:(

Edited by e5270202

19 hours ago, e5270202 said:

I found that if I play as Fairies of Tarm on Tarm Ruins, it will freeze the game eventually after revealing too much map detail... but play as Labrynna won't freeze even after revealed the whole map, and Fairies of Tarm won't freeze the game on Gerudo Oasis:o

Maybe bacause my PC only has 8GB of RAM? (I always play with low poly patch)

8GB of RAM should be fine, especially since you are playing with the Low Poly patch. It probably is a graphic related problem if disabling particles solves a lot of the issues though. I suspect the Season switching is unrelated to the visuals and might be memory related since so many units are being promoted into different units at the same time. Once there is an easier way for me to use the Season system in 0AD without having to force so many units to promote at the same time that might help. Unfortunately at the moment the promotion system is the only way to have transforming units in 0AD.

btw I really like that sprite of Saria you have as your pfp. ;)

• Like 1