Hyrule Conquest

On 1/10/2019 at 10:39 PM, The Undying Nephalim said:

Hey there everyone! 0.4 is being re-released, due to a change in the UI for 0AD's re-release of 0.23 that completely broke and prevented multiplayer matches: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-conquest/downloads/hyrule-conquest-04-re-release

Unfortunately, the nature of their change requires everyone to take an extra step to get the mod to run properly, namely you have to manually delete a configuration folder in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\0ad folder. Exodarion has a handy tutorial below on how to pull that off, as well as general installation instructions for those that have never installed the game before. Deleting the configuration file is timestamped at 7:45

I apologize for this extra step needed, it should be unecessary for future versions of Hyrule Conquest. 

Question: Who worked on the UI for this? Mainly the hero selection at the beginning? Would love to do something like that for Delenda Est.

• Like 4

On 1/28/2019 at 11:53 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Question: Who worked on the UI for this? Mainly the hero selection at the beginning? Would love to do something like that for Delenda Est.

We could also use it for the main game, for the regicide mode.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bring something up (and if these are already being tackled for next update I apologise in advance), but I've noticed a couple of issues, some more to do with mechanics and some which are more bug-related:

1. Hyrule, Ordona and Gerudo houses are 100 Materials but 5 population, which seems a bit low considering that Gorons can build 10 population houses for 50 Materials and 50 Ore, which I do get is slightly higher than 100 Materials due to slower Ore harvesting rates, but even so that's a bit of a big divide, especially considering that you don't need workers to build Goron houses because they are upgraded from plots.

2. Food harvesting seems to be quite inconsistent across factions, especially in terms of farms. After a while, some factions like Lanayru can only harvest food with 9 workers per CC, whereas some factions can build farms indefinitely.

3. If you have too many Kokiri workers on a Market Grove dropsite there tend to be traffic jams.

4. Dropoff points other than CCs usually don't accept food – not sure if this was intentional, though.

These issues aside I still absolutely love this mod – keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Hello people,

This post is aimed at the 0AD Devs and more specifically, people that are aware of how the component and AI files function.

Lately, I have been working on a large AI project for HC and recently made an attempt to register a new event inside the components that I can use inside the AI files.
However, I am pretty sure I am still missing something after going through multiple files and testing my attempts.

For example, I tried to replicate the method that was used for the TrainingFinished event.
The actual registering of this particular event seems to be taking place in the productionqueue: https://gyazo.com/0da3f8f4de7211345e41c9f95c3a57eb

Afterward, it seems the communication between the component and the AI takes place inside the AIProxy and AI Interface components:
https://gyazo.com/97879f508c2280e2b5dbb3c0888f15f8
https://gyazo.com/0210965d087367d766b53e3c2cb7fc65

I am aware of the Trigger component file, but this doesnt seem to have a specific connection to the AI files in my testing.

Whenever I try to copy this method of registering a new event and read it from the AI files it gives me the following error: https://gyazo.com/b85b0c086a517b3408682a44f09fc7f9

This leads me to the gui files where the startgame function is called, which (I assume) goes through the source code where these events might be checked.

Also, I tried to replicate this using the ResearchFinished event, which is only registered inside the Trigger component.
When I try to communicate this event using the AI components, it does not give me this error, but also doesnt actually run the OnResearchFinished function, which seems to be called somewhere from the source as well, since I cant find where this is called within any of the component files or other files that I went through for that matter.
I believe that the code that calls these functions is looking for a function that starts with "On blah blah", since other functions that dont start with these 2 characters are ignored, but this is just a sidenote.

Finally, I have come to the conclusion that I am probably missing some kind of event handler register that must be done for any event whether it be used for the Trigger or AI Interface component.
I have no clue where this is located and also leads to my actual question.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong here and/or even better, a description on how to register new events and communicate these properly between scripts.
If anyone is able to explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate this.

Anyway, thanks for reading this long post for the people who have and I hope someone can give me some insight into this problem.

Exodarion

• Like 1

Hey Exodarion,

As you probably  know our lead and only AI Dev went to make a fork of the game called Fork AD 9001. That's why your best bet is to go on their IRC channel to discuss the matter with @mimo. Unless of course he decides to answer you here :)

You can a find link to their freenode server here

Thanks for your outstanding work on Hyrule Conquest.

5 hours ago, EnclavedMicrostate said:

Awesome stuff! Aside from the addition of the Moblins and Darknuts, are any other major changes planned for next update?

I'll also be adding in all of the Mercenary units into the game, since it's actually an important feature the Darknuts take full advantage of. I'll probably add in one more minor faction, that being the Zuna. Another batch of wildlife, mostly desert and wasteland creatures.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:32 PM, EnclavedMicrostate said:

Just to bring something up (and if these are already being tackled for next update I apologise in advance), but I've noticed a couple of issues, some more to do with mechanics and some which are more bug-related:

1. Hyrule, Ordona and Gerudo houses are 100 Materials but 5 population, which seems a bit low considering that Gorons can build 10 population houses for 50 Materials and 50 Ore, which I do get is slightly higher than 100 Materials due to slower Ore harvesting rates, but even so that's a bit of a big divide, especially considering that you don't need workers to build Goron houses because they are upgraded from plots.

2. Food harvesting seems to be quite inconsistent across factions, especially in terms of farms. After a while, some factions like Lanayru can only harvest food with 9 workers per CC, whereas some factions can build farms indefinitely.

3. If you have too many Kokiri workers on a Market Grove dropsite there tend to be traffic jams.

4. Dropoff points other than CCs usually don't accept food – not sure if this was intentional, though.

These issues aside I still absolutely love this mod – keep up the good work!

I'm sorry I missed these points!

1. The Goron houses originally provided only 5 population, I suspect it was bumped up to 10 to help them out because they can build less houses with how their bases work. Either way it needs to be tweaked.

2. This is sort of intentional, especially in the early game, but it should not be particularly extreme. Some factions are a bit better at gathering food early on, like the Gohma and especially Ordona. Other factions are better are generating other resources, like Lanayru and Rupees.

3. I can increase the ring around the grove, that might help.

4. This actually is intentional, if enough people don't like it though I can add food to other drop off points.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 11:30 PM, The Undying Nephalim said:

I'll also be adding in all of the Mercenary units into the game, since it's actually an important feature the Darknuts take full advantage of. I'll probably add in one more minor faction, that being the Zuna. Another batch of wildlife, mostly desert and wasteland creatures.

I'm sorry I missed these points!

1. The Goron houses originally provided only 5 population, I suspect it was bumped up to 10 to help them out because they can build less houses with how their bases work. Either way it needs to be tweaked.

2. This is sort of intentional, especially in the early game, but it should not be particularly extreme. Some factions are a bit better at gathering food early on, like the Gohma and especially Ordona. Other factions are better are generating other resources, like Lanayru and Rupees.

3. I can increase the ring around the grove, that might help.

4. This actually is intentional, if enough people don't like it though I can add food to other drop off points.

Thank you for responding, awesome stuff!

To expand a bit on point 4, the Gerudo, Hyrule and Ordona are able to build external food dropsites from the village stage, which gives them an extra leg up when harvesting from berry patches further out from their core bases. Having played a few singleplayer games I do find that Lanayru is able to harvest from Fisheries fast enough to be playable, although compared to Hyrule and Orodona who can build farms without needing a CC I do wonder if they could get swamped if a game manages to run on for a bit. Still, seems it's all working out, which is great!

Just another few things:

1. It seems like there's a couple of techs and buildings that don't yet do anything: in particular, Lanayru can research to get higher gather rates from Silver and Coralmold, but seeing as only the Zora can build Coralmold farms and I'm not sure I've seen Silver resources on a map (please correct me if I'm wrong on this) this doesn't currently have a purpose? Also the Kokiri Berry Seeder doesn't look like it does anything yet aside from being able to research a couple of techs.

2. I've also noticed that the heroes of the two new factions from last update have descriptions which are recycled from other factions and thus don't match their actual abilities.

3. I don't know if it was just for that match, but The Resistance didn't have a unit cap.

4. I'm not sure what could be done about this (if anything) but for factions that can't harvest wood, on most maps this results in large portions of bases becoming unbuildable. Presumably this was intentional – or at least deemed acceptable – though.

But once again thank you for making such an awesome mod (twice over, if we count H:TW)!

Edited by EnclavedMicrostate
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I took so long, the Moblin units had an insane amount of animations that needed to be done, but they are all done now!

Spoiler

Ganon
qzOWbdz.jpg
"Ahhh good old Ganon, the biggest and the best of the Blins! When we were down in the muck Ganon came round and made us strong again! He united the Moblins, he united the Bulblins, he united the Bokoblins, by great Ukblinro he even united the Dodoblins! Ganon was the smartest of us all, trickin' and besting the Hylians at every turn! He made us so close to conquering all of Hyrule, were it not for those stinking traitorous Sheikah! Hail Ganon the Great!"

King Bulblin
lnyIojL.jpg
"Mighty scary King Bulblin is, we Blins have legends that say he fell off a bridge and lived... twice! Ridin' on the back of the big old awesome Lord Bullbo, he goes swinging into battle to lop some heads off of the stinking Hylians and anyone who gets in the Moblin way!"

Ogalon
WWQTvAT.jpg
"The right hand proper lady of Ganon, Ogalon was a very smarty Blin that made all his great plans work and come true! Wearing nice armor and having a big pointy stick, Ogalon could kill ten whole Hylians all at once! Well maybe not that many, but she was a smart and strong fighter and lead Blins to winning!"

Ghirahim
r6qbRdg.jpg

"Ooooo spooky Ghirahim, the great weapon of our great god Demise! This scary spirit can make swords fly around all birdy like, choppin' off heads and making the Hylians run in fear! There's a good reason Ukblinro, our great god blessed be his awesome name, made Ghirahim his most trusted servant... he's that good at killing!"

Bokoblin Rabble 
MTA5Tky.jpg
"Bokoblins may be pretty tiny, but they are really brave! Moblins like sending them into the fight, cause they listen and run right in! Sure they get beat up a lot because they are so small, but we can always find more of them to send in! Go Bokoblins!"
- Extremely small and weak sword armed unit.
- Gathers in limited groups for free around Blin Totems.
- Can be hired as a Mercenary.

Dodoblin Dummy 
ES3zxiR.jpg

"The dumb Dodoblins, they are the weakest and dumbest of all the Blinys! And look at how not scary they are! Pathetic! They may not be smart, but that makes them perfect to boss around and do all the jobs that'r not fun! We have them get the food, get the sticks, get the rocks, and get the shinies, it's so great!"
- Worker unit, builds all buildings and gathers all resources.
- Has large Line of Sight for a worker unit.

Dodoblin Squaddie
ncI0YMc.jpg

"Moblins we need to always find new people to fight! Sometimes new people are strong though! Sometimes instead of new people we find a dragon! We send the dumb Dodoblins to check out the new place before we go in an wreck it all up! Hahahah they will do any dumb job we tell them to do!"
- Weak but cheap melee unit.
- Has large Line of Sight.

Durpyblin Defender 
eyEbGZ1.jpg

"The only thing dumber than the Durpyblin is the Dodoblin! Actually these guys might be dumber, they cant even do all the nice work! Instead we give em a big pointy stick and tell em to stay put or run that way!"
- Slow moving defensive unit armed with a spear.
- Anti-Cavalry.
- Boosts defense of garrisoned buildings.

Bugblin Battler
dmX3xse.jpg

"Mmmmm the Bugblins they are a fun n funny little lot! Not that brave but they are crafty on their feet! Get a big enough rabble and they can go a bashing in the country side and get the nice loot!"
- Cheap to produce.
- Spawns with a random weapon (Club, Spear, or Bow).
- Can improve weapons by scavenging dead corpses and scrap piles.

Bugblin Baddy Ram 
XmlWj38.jpg

"Crafty little Bugblins they made a pretty cool big stick to knock down the gates! Get one of these beauty sticks out and take down them walls and houses!"
- Slow moving but cheap siege weapon.
- Has a decent melee attack against buildings.

Tallblin Tosser
IO9L2VB.jpg

"So sometimes a Bugblin gets nice and tall and we call him a Tallblin! Clever name! These guys throw the little bugblins at the baddies, nice and far and over the walls! Get a few of these guys and we can get past any nasty gate!"
- Large ranged unit that tosses Bugblins.
- Can throw Bugblins over walls and obstacles.
- There is a chance Bugblin will survive the throw and spawn as a Bugblin Battler.

Bulblin Thug
tKlhBDj.jpg

"Oooooo those Bulblins they are a lot smarter then the other small blinny kind! Give em some shiny money and they can do the job pretty great! They're good with those clubs and attackin from sneaky places, we Moblins are braver than that!"
- Small melee unit with strong melee attack for its size.
- Has Camouflage.

Bulblin Picket
1Zlqxev.jpg

"Very sneaky arrow shooty Bulblin! Pickets are great, they can just get up places all sneaky like and fill enemies with arrows! Ahahahaha Pickets make us win!"
- Small unit with ranged attack.
- Has Camouflage.
- Scout Unit (can detect camouflaged and sealthed units).

Bullbo Rider
ZJEtQiB.jpg

"Those smarty little Bulblins they tamed then piggy Bullbos! Now we gots some nice four legs to go against the horses! Send these fast guys in to trample the baddies and load em up with an extra Thug to let them know Blins are the best!"
- Hearty Cavalry unit with a blunt melee attack.
- Can garrison a Bulblin Picket to gain a ranged attack.

Moblin Mob 
SI2vRYM.jpg

"Ahhhh the good old Moblins we are the best! That's why we are the bosses! Get us angry and we make nice big angry army! Just give us a nice big stick and we go a bashing on the heads!"
- Strong melee unit armed with a club.

Moblin Grunt
6pco39K.jpg

"Moblins are good at fighting, but some Moblins better then the rest! Best Moblins get the nice sticks and armor and they go a stabbin away! Get good Grunts to make the army nice and good like the baddies! No, better than the baddies!"
- Spearman unit with durable armor.
- Anti Cavalry.

Moblin Warlord 
r2B8iEj.jpg
"Whooooaaaahhh big bad boss Moblin! You better listen to him, Warlord super smart and super bossy! He has nice awesome axe and can eat other Moblins for breakfast! Ok that last part was made up, but still listen to him or else!"
- Commander unit with Melee attack.
- Improves the performance of other Moblin units within his radius.

Bigblin
LmcKd2A.jpg

"Biggy badass fun time Blin, cousin of the Moblins! The Bigblins are the biggest and the best! When a Bigblin comes out for the fun we all have fun! One Bigblin makes all the baddies go flying around all over, we get the biggest laugh outta that!"
- Large Melee unit armed with a huge club.
- Deals both knockback and splash damage.

Gooma
jDhomTt.jpg

"Good old Goody Gooma! He's like the strange cousin you have over at your half birthday! Swinging around his biggo ball on a chain! Pretty great at crushing the baddies with that! Just keep in mind he's nice and slow!"
- Lumbering melee unit armed with a Ball and Chain.
- Has very long attack range for a melee unit.
- Attack stuns enemies.

Hinox
vuUSkV1.jpg

"Whoah boy we don't know where these big weirdos came from! Some stupid people lie and say they are part Moblin, part Hylian! That's just silly! Hylians are stupid and the Hinox are cool! They throw big boom bombs at the baddies and make everything go on fire! So fun! Hinox are the best!"
- Large unit with an explosive ranged attack.
- Excellent damage against buildings or groups of smaller units.
- Decent walking speed for a large unit.

Dungflinger
RU2By6I.jpg

"The best that the smart science makers of all blinkind could make! Behold the Dungflinger! Such a smart idea I don't know why I didn't think of it! So ya put the dung in the cart and you let it all go and man oh man it sure does make the baddies confused! They dance around all smelly while we go in an whack em all dead! Thanks smart science makers!"
- Ranged unit with large aoe.
- Attack deals minimal damage but dramatically slows down enemy movement speed.
- Slows down enemies that engage it in melee, effect continues within radius after Dungflinger is destroyed.

Bokonox 
T8HSsS5.jpg

"Only cool boss Ganon can make these guys! So one day a dumb Hinox and a Dumb Bugblin decided to make a baby! So gross! But look at what they made! Big dummy Bokonox! They are slow yeah that's true, but they are pretty good at takin the big bad beating from the baddies! Send em in first to get hit and we all come in after to hit back!"
- Large slow moving melee unit with very high HP count.
- Can grab trees and turn them into makeshift clubs.
- Can rest to regenerate health.

Bullbo War Ram 
ruBesmO.jpg

"Whoah really biiiiig Bullbo! I mean reaaaallly big one! So big that only King Bulblin can make these guys! Big Bullbo hit his dummy head on the wall and the wall comes falling down nice and fast! Big Bullbo not scared of baddies either, he can take all the hits!"
- Fast moving Siege Creature unit.
- Can trample over any unit smaller than itself.
- Excellent damage against Defenses such as walls and towers.

Lynelblin 
oThehMy.jpg
"Only the Ogalon commander lady can make these guys! We guess the Lynel was not thinkin straight and babymade with a Moblin and had an oopsie! Preeeettyyyy gross! But Lynelblins are pretty great if you ask me! They can run nice and fast and beat those dead horses!"
- Large and strong spearman Cavalry unit.
- Anti-Cavalry.

Demonblight 
LdVIdj0.jpg

"Only our Goddy Ukblinro's favorite servant Ghirahim can make these guys! Big dark scary magic makes big dark scary Moblin! Demonblight taller then all the Blins, stronger than all the Blins, scarier than all the blins in the whole world! One Demonblighty guy can take on fifty, no, one hundred shiny Hylian knights! That's right, one hundred!"
- Huge melee unit with a giant sword.
- Deals massive splash damage.
- Corpse drains health from nearby units if it is slain in combat, restoring its HP and respawning when full.

Ukblinro, the Bringer of Demise
MvPGMyq.jpg

"Yeaaahhh or God Ukblinro! The Bestest Goddy that there is in all of Hyrule and other places! Long time ago he was hurt bad in a big fight with stupid Hylian God Hylia! But our God is best, so he survived and is back and better than ever! Goddy Ukblinro brings a biiiigggggg sword into the fight, and he goes and makes us win! All hail Ukblinro!"
- Massive melee Titan unit armed with a sword.
- Corpse drains health from nearby units if it is slain in combat, restoring its HP and respawning when full.
- Can transform into an even more powerful Titan after cooldown.

mobroster1.jpgmobheroes1.jpg

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Like 13

• Stan` pinned this topic