Hyrule Conquest

Hey there everyone! 0.4 is being re-released, due to a change in the UI for 0AD's re-release of 0.23 that completely broke and prevented multiplayer matches: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-conquest/downloads/hyrule-conquest-04-re-release

Unfortunately, the nature of their change requires everyone to take an extra step to get the mod to run properly, namely you have to manually delete a configuration folder in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\0ad folder. Exodarion has a handy tutorial below on how to pull that off, as well as general installation instructions for those that have never installed the game before. Deleting the configuration file is timestamped at 7:45

I apologize for this extra step needed, it should be unecessary for future versions of Hyrule Conquest. 

20 minutes ago, Imarok said:

I wonder what change could have broken your setup... 

(That really sounds like you've done some quite hacky things ;))

We had messed with the gamesetup.js and gamesetup.xml file before the re-release. We fixed both files after the re-release came out, but for some reason user.cfg would not recognize the changes and made anything beyond the main menu inaccessible. Disabling the mod, starting a single player match in 0AD, and the  re-enabling the mod fixed the problem, or just outright deleting user.cfg and letting it regenerate.

@Exodarion probably has a more accurate description of what exactly the problem was.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim

I dont really believe this was anyones '"fault" nor does it really matter tbh. We basically used edited versions of the gamesetup and mainmenu files from the previous 0AD version, which caused multiple errors and conflicts. After updating them both the mod was fixed although it is true that the user settings had to be nuked for it to work again.

Edited by Exodarion

3 hours ago, Ozerol Notna said:

Does unit experience still work by the way? How do we know the heroes' abilities function the way they are described as?

Unit experience is disabled at the moment. Hero abilities are also disabled until a functional system is working in the engine. At the moment only aura based abilities and some hacky stuff is possible.

11 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Unit experience is disabled at the moment. Hero abilities are also disabled until a functional system is working in the engine. At the moment only aura based abilities and some hacky stuff is possible.

What about dodging and stuff?

Can there be a system like Total War Warhammer with melee attack and melee defence?

@The Undying Nephalim So I downloaded the mod today to see if I could help you a bit. I ran a script of mine on it to find errors about missing stuff here is the complete list of broken stuff in there.

1. See this file for more information broken stuff.txt Fixin it will be straightforward let me know If I can assist you.
  2. Your mod.json could be improved a bit. Here is a suggestion. The name should not contain any spaces nor special chars. The label however has no such restrictions
    {
      "name": "Hyrule",
      "version": "0.4.0",
      "label": "Hyrule Conquest 0.4",
      "url": "https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22638-hyrule-conquest/",
      "description": "A real time strategy game set withing the fantasy setting of Hyrule. Command one from over two dozen factions from the Zelda mythos.",
      "dependencies": ["0ad=0.0.23"],
      "type": "game"
    }
  3. I'm currently bundling the mod like we do for our releases to see how much I can reduce its size, it could make the download significantly smaller.  It compresses every texture, models, animations.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think name and label are unintuitive and have non-obvious restrictions. 

Name is for dependencies label is to be displayed. Do you have any better name for the former ?

The dependency cannot have any special chars in in them because they are to be parsed for operations such as >= etc so they cannot have dot either because that would mean a submod.

• Stan` pinned this topic