Hyrule Conquest

10 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Why it's caused (speculation, haven't really tested with a fix): Mirora is first trained as a mounted hero.

I might just disable that ability for the time being. I noticed many wonky things with spawning units on death, such as the AI refusing to attack those spawned units. I have many plans with units and abilities being spawned on death but I guess they'll have to be put on hold for the time being.

"I am always here."

Ah, Battle Realms.  Probably not, but it's what jumped to mind, really. 

I vaguely wonder, however, how the missions themselves will play out.  I suppose we can worry about that when the time comes to actually make them and the campaign.  Which is probably years away.

Edited by Bloodly
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bloodly said:

"I am always here."

Ah, Battle Realms.  Probably not, but it's what jumped to mind, really. 

I vaguely wonder, however, how the missions themselves will play out.  I suppose we can worry about that when the time comes to actually make them and the campaign.  Which is probably years away.

Ah yes the glorious Battle Realms

1 hour ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I've got a bit of a question, is it possible for a unit to have different voices depending on the type of model that is spawned? I really want Ordona Province's worker to be randomized between male and female like the villagers in Age of Empires 2, but I'm sort of stuck with one voice.

Delenda Est has the same problem, because each civ has male/female citizens and slaves in the same unit. I feel like audio stuff should go in the actors, but there's probably a good reason its in the templates. Just need a way to differentiate male/female voices for the randomized actors and I think that would need to go in the actors. Anyone else have any thoughts? Is there a ticket for this?

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

A hacky solution using the current system;

Make a dummy unit for the citizen. Tweak ProductionQueue.js to spawn a random unit from the given two units if the queue contains the dummy unit.

Something like this:

worker_dummy.xml (what goes into the queue)

worker_male.xml

worker_female.xml

Then something like this in prodqueue.js

if (template == “worker_dummy”) template = pickRandom([“worker_male”, “worker_female”]);

However, as mentioned before this is a very hacky approach.

Edited by Guest

20 hours ago, (-_-) said:

A hacky solution using the current system;

I might wait until there's a less hacky solution than. One the other hand, something I don't want to wait for:

On 5/27/2018 at 7:28 PM, vladislavbelov said:

I'll be a little boring: it's actually possible, but with hacks :)

Example (radioactive barrels), no engine modifies here, only shaders and material changes:

barrels.png

But it's hacky, so I do not recommend to use it and recommend to wait until we add a clear way for the glow effect :)

Anyone know how to pull this off? I have a few glowing units coming up for Ordona Province and they will look terribly bad without actual glow effects, I pretty much need them to sell the visuals of some of these units:

Image result for spirit of ordona

8 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Anyone know how to pull this off? I have a few glowing units coming up for Ordona Province and they will look terribly bad without actual glow effects,

Additional work had been done in that area.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:23 AM, stanislas69 said:

You'd have to ask directly. He didn't want to show the code because he wants to do it the proper way whenever that may be.

I sent a PM several days ago but no response. I don't know if I feel comfortable releasing Ordona Province with no glow effects, might have to delay a release at this rate.

Crude one line fix for that previously reported OOS. If I read the templates carefully, it won't mess anything up. But I do recommend testing it more than I did. But as you can see, it's not really a flexible solution. But atleast, you get the idea of how to fix it.

Spoiler

Index: binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/components/Health.js
===================================================================
--- binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/components/Health.js	(revision 21899)
+++ binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/components/Health.js	(working copy)
@@ -331,7 +331,7 @@
 		return INVALID_ENTITY;

// Create SpawnEntityOnDeath entity
-	var spawnedEntity = Engine.AddLocalEntity(this.template.SpawnEntityOnDeath);
+	var spawnedEntity = this.template.SpawnEntityOnDeath.indexOf("decay|") == -1 ? Engine.AddEntity(this.template.SpawnEntityOnDeath) : Engine.AddLocalEntity(this.template.SpawnEntityOnDeath);

// Move to same position
 	var cmpSpawnedPosition = Engine.QueryInterface(spawnedEntity, IID_Position);

2 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Crude one line fix for that previously reported OOS. If I read the templates carefully, it won't mess anything up. But I do recommend testing it more than I did. But as you can see, it's not really a flexible solution. But atleast, you get the idea of how to fix it.

Awesome I'll have Exodarion check that out.

In other news all of Ordona Province's buildings and units are done, just waiting to hear back on that glow shader before I record some footage of them. B)

• Thanks 1

• Stan` pinned this topic