Hyrule Conquest

Question for you @The Undying Nephalim, do you know when you will have the LOD version of the game available to download? Its playable fine enough as it is for single player, but with multiple humans it would be nice to have the least amount of lag possible ( in particular the Kokiri unit guardian faries and the particle animations from Ghoma defenses tend to cause my machine to stutter).

Edited by Baskom Welford

50 minutes ago, Baskom Welford said:

do you know when you will have the LOD version of the game available to download?

That would depend on when it is added to the game engine by the main games developers BTW the main cause of lag is not the the rendering phase but pathfinding.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

7 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

That would depend on when it is added to the game engine by the main games developers BTW the main cause of lag is not the the rendering phase but pathfinding.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

He is making a low polygon model mode :)

On 7/9/2018 at 8:36 AM, Baskom Welford said:

Question for you @The Undying Nephalim, do you know when you will have the LOD version of the game available to download? Its playable fine enough as it is for single player, but with multiple humans it would be nice to have the least amount of lag possible ( in particular the Kokiri unit guardian faries and the particle animations from Ghoma defenses tend to cause my machine to stutter)

Try this out: https://mega.nz/#!ZQxhhCBZ!-VdbB3n5O20wNloK_kzyxqyJlxs85o98TUP5Sxx0WB4

Be sure to put it in int's own mod folder, and activate it underneath Hyrule Conquest. This should replace all the units models with lower poly versions.

5 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Try this out: https://mega.nz/#!ZQxhhCBZ!-VdbB3n5O20wNloK_kzyxqyJlxs85o98TUP5Sxx0WB4

Be sure to put it in int's own mod folder, and activate it underneath Hyrule Conquest. This should replace all the units models with lower poly versions. 

Thanks, will give it a try when I get home from work.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Baskom Welford said:

Got a group of four together and tried the LOD version of the mod out on LAN over the weekend. Pleased to report that it ran smoothly with no more lag than what is commonly found in a typical OAD round near the endgame.

The poly counts really does make a difference. Hopefully one day LOD's are a thing so I don't have to sacrifice my higher poly models for performance or vice versa. B)

• Like 4

Hi @The Undying Nephalim,
I like your mode :) great work. But I have got error messages about petra ai. 

Once they appear, they are spammed rest of the time. It is a bit annoying.

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/ai/petra/researchManager.js line 54 reference to undefined property tech[1]._template.modifications[0]

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/ai/petra/researchManager.js line 54 TypeError: tech[1]._template.modifications[0] is undefined m.ResearchManager.prototype.researchPopulationBonus@simulation/ai/petra/researchManager.js:54:1 m.HQ.prototype.buildMoreHouses@simulation/ai/petra/headquarters.js:1776:17 m.HQ.prototype.update@simulation/ai/petra/headquarters.js:2828:17 m.PetraBot.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/ai/petra/_petrabot.js:119:3 m.BaseAI.prototype.HandleMessage@simulation/ai/common-api/baseAI.js:64:2

And I have seen that during Mirora's Wolfos attack animation, one pease of him stayed on its place. 

Hey Angen,

Thanks for your feedback on Hyrule Conquest. I have confirmed that there is indeed a problem with the Goron AI in regards to the error that you mentioned, but since it only seems to occur for the Gorons, I believe it has something to do with a specific tech that would also give the player this error.
Nephalim and I will fix this problem in the upcoming weeks.
I am not sure exactly when or if Neph plans to make a walking animation for the pig or if he has other plans for that particular asset.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I've been producing a lot of videos recently regarding Hyrule Conquest and I have bee trying to promote the game in hopes that a competitive community will grow ^_^ I hope anyone who plays the game would take a look at some of my guides and for those that don't play HC, download the mod and give it a try! I'm always willing to play with new players and help them out.

Hope you all enjoy! ^_^

Edited by rain_ironwolf
  • Like 1

• Stan` pinned this topic