Hyrule Conquest

5 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

I store glow bit in the alpha channel, so glow = length(rgb) > 0.0 && a == 0.0. And then just blur it on the bloom stage.

The keyword is relatively. It's not more expensive than the DOF. So if make it as an option, then we wouldn't have a problem.

As the DOF. But they all are nice addition.

Sure, it's flexible.

Can you make a patch upload it somewhere ? You know just in case :)

Hello all, been a while, I'm still working on HC along with Neph and Exodarion, currently attempting to resolve two gui-related issues with the structure tree present in HC's current patreon build.

Firstly, the Kokiri structure tree will not load - we suspect this is probably related to the unusual build style of the Kokiri, with the focus on the three upgradable groves, and indeed there mayu be no way to resolve it, but here is the specific error message displayed

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/reference/structree/structree.js line 146 reference to undefined property g_ParsedData.units[prod]

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/reference/common/helper.js line 111 TypeError: template is undefined getPhaseOfTemplate@gui/reference/common/helper.js:111:6 selectCiv@gui/reference/structree/structree.js:146:16 __eventhandler42 (selectionchange)@civSelection selectionchange:0:1

Secondly, nearly all the structure trees for factions will not load when accessed from within a match by clicking the faction icon on the top bar. Attempting to do so opens a messed-up menu with the following error string on repeat. Some have reported switching to another faction in the dropdown menu will display that faction's structure tree correctly, and the Gerudo appear to load correctly, but are the only faction that does not result in this messed up string of errors.

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/reference/common/helper.js line 112 reference to undefined property g_ParsedData.phaseList[0]

WARNING: The "phase_town" technology is not researchable in any structure buildable by the hylian civilisation, but is required by something that this civ can research, train or build!

WARNING: The "phase_city" technology is not researchable in any structure buildable by the hylian civilisation, but is required by something that this civ can research, train or build!

WARNING: Unrecognised phase (phase_village)

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/reference/common/helper.js line 100 reference to undefined property g_ParsedData.phaseList[0]

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/reference/structree/structree.js line 189 reference to undefined property buildList[phase]

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/reference/structree/structree.js line 189 TypeError: buildList[phase] is undefined selectCiv@gui/reference/structree/structree.js:189:3 __eventhandler285 (selectionchange)@civSelection selectionchange:0:1 init@gui/reference/structree/structree.js:47:37 openStrucTree@gui/session/menu.js:1128:1 __eventhandler209 (press)@civIconOverlay press:0:1

ERROR: GUI page 'page_structree.xml': Failed to call init() function

20180531174313_1.jpg

Edited by darkinterloper

Might be do to the changes to phase naming: Doubt it will fix everything but it should fix the repeat.

I'm using town as an example but it applies to city as well.

phase_town_{civ}

phase_town_generic is the new default.

phase_town.json and phase_city.json is just for easy access / short hand. phase_town_generic replaces phase_town.json

I don't think village gets this special treatment.

Basically ensure the technology in the civ centers have _{civ} at the end of it and update the filenames of the phases accordingly. If athens has non-generic features: phase_town_athen. You might have to have it supersede phase_town_generic but I think that is optional.

You do not need to have a file for every civ.The _generic will be assumed and used.

Edited by SirPope

Using the version made available here as a starting point:

To support the kokiri groves, put this file: core_hyrule.js in gui/reference/common/ (also adds support for the gamestart hero-selection techs).

For the factions not loading in the Structure Tree when directly selected from the Game Setup or Civ Info pages, or by clicking the emblem in-session, @SirPope has it correct - you need to use the correct phase tech naming schema. Here's a patch: patch_phasetechs.diff (Also removes the athen-specific phase techs from the gerudo Oasis.)

In addition, here's a further patch that corrects the civ-identifiers on various templates: patch_civcodes.diff.

The four non-UTF8 characters the game complains about are in data/civs/kokiri.json - in the civ history, and the blurbs of heroes Saria and Mirora. Did someone copy-paste from M$ Word?

And finally, if you're going to have *_packed and *_unpacked variants of a siege unit, both inheriting from a *_common template file, then place the default icon for the unit in the *_common file and place the icon you wish to use specifically for the unpacked/packed version in the relevant variant template. (Instead of having the same icon mentioned in both the *_packed and *_unpacked template files.)

Edit to add: I might be wrong but the Kokiri civil-centre with the public-hanging and watch-tower upgrades has an incorrect prop added to the prop of the actor (the final result is visually identical to civil-centre with communal-home and watch-tower).

Edited by s0600204
One last thing.
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, s0600204 said:

Using the version made available here as a starting point:

To support the kokiri groves, put this file: core_hyrule.js in gui/reference/common/ (also adds support for the gamestart hero-selection techs).

For the factions not loading in the Structure Tree when directly selected from the Game Setup or Civ Info pages, or by clicking the emblem in-session, @SirPope has it correct - you need to use the correct phase tech naming schema. Here's a patch: patch_phasetechs.diff (Also removes the athen-specific phase techs from the gerudo Oasis.)

In addition, here's a further patch that corrects the civ-identifiers on various templates: patch_civcodes.diff.

The four non-UTF8 characters the game complains about are in data/civs/kokiri.json - in the civ history, and the blurbs of heroes Saria and Mirora. Did someone copy-paste from M$ Word?

And finally, if you're going to have *_packed and *_unpacked variants of a siege unit, both inheriting from a *_common template file, then place the default icon for the unit in the *_common file and place the icon you wish to use specifically for the unpacked/packed version in the relevant variant template. (Instead of having the same icon mentioned in both the *_packed and *_unpacked template files.)

Edit to add: I might be wrong but the Kokiri civil-centre with the public-hanging and watch-tower upgrades has an incorrect prop added to the prop of the actor (the final result is visually identical to civil-centre with communal-home and watch-tower).

Worked like a charm, thank you!

20180604180859_1.jpg

The Gohma techtree will need more allowed 'trainer units' due to its egg > larva > gohma mechanic, what file in the gui allows one to set that again? I remember seeing the variable earlier, but due to the overhaul of the gui in 0.23 I'm not sure it's still in the same place.

Edited by darkinterloper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been about a week and a few days, and I'd like to share what I've been doing. It's nothing visually interesting, but those with lower PC specs will probably like it.
Most Real Time Strategy games (and in fact most graphically intensive games these days) have a feature called LODs, which stands for Level of Detail. The short of it is, the further away a camera is to any object, a more low-quality, low poly version of that object's model will load. This significantly helps frame rates and performance. Unfortunately, 0AD has not yet implemented LODs, so currently the high poly versions of models show at all times, even when zoomed out to the maximum distance. While this assures everything looks good, people with lower end PC's have reported bad frame rates and terrible lag. Until 0AD properly implements LODs, a small, separate download will be available that replaces the game's models with low poly versions:

ONqamfY.jpg

The might not look nearly as good up close, but from a distance you might not even notice. This should help users that lack a powerful enough PC to render hundreds of high poly soldiers at once.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That's a cool addition which will be very usefull for old computers.

Did you plane to crate a custom gui like this ?

H6l8eU1.jpg

I think it could help to make the game more immersive. That could be great to have the ressouces pannel next to the purchase pannel (like in AoM) and not at the opposite side like it's currently the case.

I tried to do some little things to adapt the gui :

- here is an icon for the population (created from Skyward Sword) population.png.f296f2d5bdfa21bc6bdcd8f7900295bf.png

- there are new icons for other ressources stone.png.9f49ea53a293e2e948b2614ddd51acc2.png(stone) ; metal.png.1f418eb03c18c67be8f21b045929423e.png(rupees) ;

- this is an alternative icon for production production.png.aa633b0c076bda042324e16e4f54a415.png.

I also tried this for the idle worker button but I really don't like the result minimap-idle.png.fcb1f59480847ea1fdfedca5ece3b7d2.png.

When Hyrule Conquest v0.3 will be released ?

2 hours ago, Aragorn30 said:

Did you plane to crate a custom gui like this ?

I will have custom GUI eventually. Ideally I would like each civ to have their own GUI. Spider webs and organic growth would look nice for the Gohma. The GUI is low priority right now though. I do have custom icons for resources at the moment however.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:17 AM, The Undying Nephalim said:

"lods"

Thanks for that. On my computer, vanilla 3v3 AI game turns into a slideshow faster than i get properly killed

Offtopic EDIT:  It seems i royally screwed up faction flags by my crude attempts at fixing HTW's stupificient "no one attacks anyone, ever" glitch, (although it shows up only when i try to play as kokiri). Most factions' flags get lost, first factions got flags of neutrals, and Lanayru and Deku get those.

Can you tell what they are? I'm sure i didn't seen them anywhere else.

Offtopic EDIT2: Got PM answer from "Looper's Favorite User" guy, it's beta flags for tokay, huskus and horonians.

Edited by MCreeper

I got a quick question, was anything involving the EntityLimits.xml or player.xml file changed in regards to training restrictions? None of my unit caps seem to work anymore, I can train unlimited units for units that I had caps on. I've not touched either of those files but it seems as of 0.23 none of the limits work anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I got a quick question, was anything involving the EntityLimits.xml or player.xml file changed in regards to training restrictions? None of my unit caps seem to work anymore, I can train unlimited units for units that I had caps on. I've not touched either of those files but it seems as of 0.23 none of the limits work anymore.

I believe the folder for player.xml was changed/moved. Check that. I am 90% sure that this is the issue.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

9 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I believe the folder for player.xml was changed/moved. Check that. I am 90% sure that this is the issue.

That was it. B)

One more question, is there a limit to the number of entries that can be in pathfinder.xml? It seems whenever I go over 16, the unrestricted entry can no longer be read by the engine.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:06 PM, The Undying Nephalim said:

One more question, is there a limit to the number of entries that can be in pathfinder.xml? It seems whenever I go over 16, the unrestricted entry can no longer be read by the engine.

Yeah, 16 is the limit because we there's just one passability grid with u16 for each cell (which encodes whether the cell's okay for each of the passability classes), rather than every passability class having its own grid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temple said:

Yeah, 16 is the limit because we there's just one passability grid with u16 for each cell (which encodes whether the cell's okay for each of the passability classes), rather than every passability class having its own grid.

Is there a way to make a trained unit have the unrestricted passability class? It seems when I train such a unit from a building, the game has a problem spawning the unit in question.

1 hour ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Is there a way to make a trained unit have the unrestricted passability class? It seems when I train such a unit from a building, the game has a problem spawning the unit in question. 

That's a bug with Footprint, but after fixing it units don't path correctly, getting stuck on buildings, so there might be bugs in UnitMotion too. For now I wouldn't use that passability class. (Why are you using it? Do you want units to pass through buildings?)

• Stan` pinned this topic