Hyrule Conquest

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

@mimo Might be able to help both on pathfinding and on AI :)

:wacko:  I don't see anything specific to AI or pathfinding in the question.

Anyway, no use to ping me anymore on such mods without code access (although people have asked several time a svn or git), unless i've missed it as i no longer read that thread. I've no motivation for that, and even if i had, i can't do anything without seeing the code.

• Like 1

Just as a bit of extra info. The only thing I did is writing a few functions that uses the vanilla 0ad garrison functionality.
This issue by itself has nothing to do with the code, but with the garrison system as a whole.
If I were to remove all my garrison code, play the faction myself and garrison the units manually in the Hydrophant, the issue will remain the same.
I am not expecting a fix to this anytime soon and also don't expect you to fix this for Hyrule Conquest specifically.

However, I am almost 100% sure that this problem also exist in the vanilla game. Therefore, it would benefit 0ad in general if someone from the dev team would look into this problem at some point in time.

15 hours ago, Exodarion said:

Just as a bit of extra info. The only thing I did is writing a few functions that uses the vanilla 0ad garrison functionality.
This issue by itself has nothing to do with the code, but with the garrison system as a whole.
If I were to remove all my garrison code, play the faction myself and garrison the units manually in the Hydrophant, the issue will remain the same.
I am not expecting a fix to this anytime soon and also don't expect you to fix this for Hyrule Conquest specifically.

However, I am almost 100% sure that this problem also exist in the vanilla game. Therefore, it would benefit 0ad in general if someone from the dev team would look into this problem at some point in time.

If it is a bug in 0ad, a ticket (trac.wildfiregames.com) would be nice.

That's hardly surprising given one of their heroes is an infested Mido. 

By plot, the Gohma end up destroying the Great Deku Tree. 

In the old Med2 Hyrule Total War, the two hate each other so intensely that each has the other as a victory target for the Short Campaign.  One must destroy or outlive the other.

Expect swarming melee that you don't care about, backed up by very heavy monsters that you do.  Also eye beams.

Edited by Bloodly

10 hours ago, SirPope said:

I'm interested in these Gohma.

They are the spider-ish creatures aren't they?

Are they going to be rather quick but weak?

I got a dark kokiri kinda vibe from the image you posted.

Indeed they are spiders, they are one of the most prolific enemies from the Zelda series: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Gohma#Ocarina_of_Time
In the context of Hyrule Conquest they are probably the oldest beings native to Hyrule, warped and manipulated by demons to be used as a weapon but they lost control of them. They are the anti-Kokiri in a way, canonically and in this mod they are responsible for the Great Deku Tree's death. Here's more detailed information: http://hyruleconquest.wikia.com/wiki/Gohma

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exodarion said:

I am not sure if I have the authority to make tickets, but if so, in which category would you like me to put it?

Everyone can create tickets.

Wrt category: just do it as you think. If it's wrong someone will correct it after you created the ticket.

20 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Sundiata you know what Arachnophobia is?

13 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

Fear of spiders of course all in Greek:lamo:

4 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I have some phobias... but not all spiders. this is some cute but....

Uhu, I know what fear of spiders is :bored:, but like you, I don't fear all of them. I especially dislike the huge fury ones that can kill you :) But I like jumping spiders a lot! They're supercute!

They have legit mating dances!

Spoiler

Peek-a-Boo-Jumping-Spider-arachnology-31947219-500-432.png.9076936340f8cc55865a0cf19456d75a.png

cute-jumping-spiders-arachnology-27689861-400-273.jpg.3dd2930aa910a4e9a81fb8ec80ef4611.jpg

441204433_JumpingSpiderPictures.jpg.3aaa20e75d80f46ead2861378f8904e3.jpg

spiders-with-hats.jpg.60544e75029a35bdfbdd1381a090a6c1.jpg

peacock-spider.thumb.jpg.cf0fcebb7422f0dad7925a229fae750f.jpg

Luckily we have a lot of lizards (agama's and gecko's) over here which deal with spiders rather efficiently :) The lizards in turn attract a lot of snakes, which is less than ideal :( The snakes worry me more than the spiders, lol

=WARNING= Graphic contents =WARNING=

Spoiler

This guy was in my kitchen (either completely harmless, or totally lethal, I'm not really sure, didn't take chances). This thing can coil up and launch itself through the air, almost as if it's flying... Pretty amazing... Until it pulls that crap while you're peacefully trying to prepare your breakfast... Almost hit me in the head, no joke... 

1968322552_DSC_0061copy.thumb.jpg.e673d945ba1edc5a0bc0edfc46eba3da.jpg

This guy struck at someone clearing a fallen tree in my garden. Incredibly, the man's machete was faster than the snake... That's a Gaboon Viper, by the way the way, and has the "highest venom yield of any snake"... Very unpleasant fellow with an unpredictable temperament... If you get too close, it strikes, but because it's nearly invisible under leaf-cover, you'll never know that you got too close until it's too late...

593738886_DSC_0009copy.thumb.jpg.7bed70eaed29c6775e2a2659ee7e93a4.jpg

We also have huge cobras, including spitting cobras that will blind you... And pythons large enough to eat goats (and supposedly people too) 

You should come to Ghana, it's nice :) 

No, there is no emit shader in 0ad, but if you make a custom mod you can also make custom model shaders to support such a feature. I don't know that much about how the engine handles material textures though. You need at least one texture channel for emit intensity, but as far as the shader is concerned it's ridiculously easy to apply a glow effect.

EDIT: you do need bloom enabled for it to look like anything though.

Edited by aeonios

3 minutes ago, aeonios said:

No, there is no emit shader in 0ad, but if you make a custom mod you can also make custom model shaders to support such a feature. I don't know that much about how the engine handles material textures though. You need at least one texture channel for emit intensity, but as far as the shader is concerned it's ridiculously easy to apply a glow effect.

EDIT: you do need bloom enabled for it to look like anything though.

Basically you can only have 4 Textures, and 2 UVs, with three textures for the first UV, and one for the last the AO. Though @vladislavbelov has a patch to allow more.
I guess the best idea would be to use the specular texture for the glow color and intensity.

24 minutes ago, asterix said:

@aeonios please would you make such a shader, because Neph is not a graphic engineer/programmer?

Ugh. Well, I can do that but it'll require cannibalizing the specular texture. Currently the specular texture is spec.rgb with alpha being the specular intensity and specular power being an engine global setting. If I do it you'll need to specify how you want to use the specular texture, with at least one channel left available for emit. I can implement specular in 3 channels with one for specular intensity, one for specular power, and one for metallicity (ie how much the specular color matches the diffuse color) with the alpha channel left over for glows, if that works for your particular art. If you're already using the specular tex you'll basically have to redo it for all your textures that use it.

For me it's not even a 5 minute job to modify the shader though. :P

• Stan` pinned this topic