Hyrule Conquest

4 hours ago, JorahtheFirstMan said:

Soooo one question I had for UN : do you still plan to have several extensions, concerning Great Sea, Twilight etc... or will you just put it all in the same game, with naval and all the factions (which would be dope) ?

They will all now be in the same game, but I'm more or less still developing them as "expansion packs."

The Great Sea will add navies to everyone and a few navy focused civs.

Termina will add corrupted mirror versions of certain civs.

And Shadows of Hyrule will add all the Twilight culture civs.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2018 at 4:40 AM, The Undying Nephalim said:

They will all now be in the same game, but I'm more or less still developing them as "expansion packs."

The Great Sea will add navies to everyone and a few navy focused civs.

Termina will add corrupted mirror versions of certain civs.

And Shadows of Hyrule will add all the Twilight culture civs.

Thanks that's cool to hear, and great Gorons guide btw !! Which faction's next ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nukumnehtar said:

Just a curious question: Will you be redesigning the Rito to fit the BotW Rito, or keep them similar to the WW Rito as you had; or might you do something along the lines of the Dominion and Lanayru Zora and have two different factions for each type of Rito: Island and Mountain?

I've never been a fan of the Wind Waker Rito designs, I had actually redesigned them to be more bird like years ago before BOTW was announced. I've since returned to that, here's Medli as an example:

actual_birds_by_undyingnephalim-db6amre.

• Like 4

On 31.1.2018 at 12:57 AM, The Undying Nephalim said:

In the total war version of the game it was her human form but I'm leaning more towards the Imp form now since a lot more can be done with animations.

Knowing nothing about the lore, but you could just let the player switch between both forms by using the upgrade button...

19 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I've never been a fan of the Wind Waker Rito designs, I had actually redesigned them to be more bird like years ago before BOTW was announced. I've since returned to that, here's Medli as an example:

Yeah, I saw the sneak peak cutscene you made for it some time ago, and its good to see they are getting an bit more of an upgrade as well to be able to better merge together with the new designs. Looking forward to seeing more for that faction and the Anouki as well (I think the Anouki are my favorite race design of yours thus far).

I forgot to include all the minor factions on that icon image up there, here it is updated:

hyrule_conquest_faction_icons_by_undying

On 2/1/2018 at 1:27 PM, Baskom Welford said:

When the developer has the program completed (he says it would be soon), it may significantly speed up the balancing process by allowing you to adjust unit data without needing to edit every last text file.

That'll come in handy.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:29 PM, Nukumnehtar said:

I think the Anouki are my favorite race design of yours thus far

The Anouki will be pretty great. Since 0AD has formations a lot of ideas I had for them will be a lot easier to pull off then in Total War. Plus they just look awesome:

1000?cb=20150125052845

• Like 2

There are a manga about the origin of Majora's Mask.

According to the side story, which is a different story than that of the game itself, the mask itself was an ancient and dangerous artifact made from the armor of a legendary and evil beast named Majora that was danced to dying exhaustion by a being disguised as a human traveler. According to a legend devised "by the humans themselves", any who obtain the beast's armor gains hold of a great and terrible power. All who approached it, warriors, men and women alike, even with good intentions, were devoured without remorse. The early Terminian tribes used the mask in their cursed hexing rituals, but when the evils caused by the mask became too much to bear, they sealed it away in darkness forever... so they hoped

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Majora's_Mask_(manga)

Image result for manga majoras mask

I have two questions that I would like to ask about Hyrule Conquest that I’m sure have been answered somewhere where I can’t find them.
  1. Ikana and, more importantly, the Twili do not seem to be in the ‘vanilla' Hyrule Conquest. Does this mean that the Hyrule Historia sections they are in, including the entire Realm of Twilight chapter, are being edited or removed? Or is the campaign simply being added after every faction has been finished, including expansion factions?
This leads directly into my next question.
  1. In truth, I have been looking at the lore behind Hyrule: Total War for a while, but never played the game. Just very recently have I begun to play Hyrule Conquest, which is why I probably have no place in asking this. However, what will the eventual Hyrule Historia campaign in Hyrule Conquest be like? With the absence of Ikana, the Twili, and the Church of Majora, will it be vastly different? Someone commented on the complete Hyrule Conquest Faction Icons DeviantArt post, saying that "Agahnim's armies are going to be the ones to invade Hyrule at the end of the story," not Majora. So will the story drastically change, then? Will we not play through “The Realm of Twilight,” ally with Midna near the end, have a dramatic final battle between Majora and Hylia, among other events I know about only from the wiki (and probably have all wrong) but that seem incredibly epic? And if I may ask what role, if any, will the other Druthulidi play in Hyrule Conquest? Will they be the same as it is in Hyrule: Total War?

On 2/3/2018 at 1:49 AM, The Undying Nephalim said:

I forgot to include all the minor factions on that icon image up there, here it is updated:

The Anouki will be pretty great. Since 0AD has formations a lot of ideas I had for them will be a lot easier to pull off then in Total War. Plus they just look awesome:

Looking forward to playing them.

Also its cool to see the minor factions you have planned. Really interested to see with what you have in store for Calatia and Arcadia; and since mentioning Arcadia from the old TV series, might I suggest just one more minor faction suggestion: a faction of people called Malanyans that worship the horse God Malanya (could be a titan for them?)--their leaders being East-Asian inspired Hylians that have Pegasus mounts like in the episode of the TV series Sing for the Unicorn, and their subjects being a bit Turkic-Mongol inspired like the Horse Stables in Breath of the Wild were. An all around horse-mounted faction with flying mounted units I think would be interesting to see. Just a suggestion/hope. ;)

1 hour ago, Sarcoril said:
I have two questions that I would like to ask about Hyrule Conquest that I’m sure have been answered somewhere where I can’t find them.
  1. Ikana and, more importantly, the Twili do not seem to be in the ‘vanilla' Hyrule Conquest. Does this mean that the Hyrule Historia sections they are in, including the entire Realm of Twilight chapter, are being edited or removed? Or is the campaign simply being added after every faction has been finished, including expansion factions?
This leads directly into my next question.
  1. In truth, I have been looking at the lore behind Hyrule: Total War for a while, but never played the game. Just very recently have I begun to play Hyrule Conquest, which is why I probably have no place in asking this. However, what will the eventual Hyrule Historia campaign in Hyrule Conquest be like? With the absence of Ikana, the Twili, and the Church of Majora, will it be vastly different? Someone commented on the complete Hyrule Conquest Faction Icons DeviantArt post, saying that "Agahnim's armies are going to be the ones to invade Hyrule at the end of the story," not Majora. So will the story drastically change, then? Will we not play through “The Realm of Twilight,” ally with Midna near the end, have a dramatic final battle between Majora and Hylia, among other events I know about only from the wiki (and probably have all wrong) but that seem incredibly epic? And if I may ask what role, if any, will the other Druthulidi play in Hyrule Conquest? Will they be the same as it is in Hyrule: Total War?

There are implemented I think. the project takes time.

2 hours ago, Sarcoril said:

Ikana and, more importantly, the Twili do not seem to be in the ‘vanilla' Hyrule Conquest. Does this mean that the Hyrule Historia sections they are in, including the entire Realm of Twilight chapter, are being edited or removed? Or is the campaign simply being added after every faction has been finished, including expansion factions?

They will able to interact with the "vanilla" version of game. The awesome thing about 0AD is that there is not a hardcoded faction limit like in Medieval 2, so all of the factions will be able to interact with each other in skirmishes, multiplayer, or the campaign if I choose. With Medieval 2 I was forced to break the game up into smaller bits, so I based the bits around themes like the Great Sea and Termina. I probably won't be porting missions over for awhile, seeing as cinematics are not implemented in the engine yet, so by the time I get to some of those missions that involved the Twili I'll probably be closer to getting them into 0AD.

In truth, I have been looking at the lore behind Hyrule: Total War for a while, but never played the game. Just very recently have I begun to play Hyrule Conquest, which is why I probably have no place in asking this. However, what will the eventual Hyrule Historia campaign in Hyrule Conquest be like?

This ultimately depends on what sort of features the 0AD dev team includes for things like campaign missions. At the moment I want the campaign to pretty much be carried over from total war; just a series of scripted missions based on a specific type of challenge with cinematics before and after the mission is over. Naturally a few things will be tweaked. A lot more missions will involve building bases now. I can already picture a few missions dramatically improving from this, such as the Gohma mission where you have to uncover the four dormant hives. The Sky City mission im working on right now will also perform and look much better in 0AD then it would in Total War.

Someone commented on the complete Hyrule Conquest Faction Icons DeviantArt post, saying that "Agahnim's armies are going to be the ones to invade Hyrule at the end of the story," not Majora. So will the story drastically change, then? Will we not play through “The Realm of Twilight,” ally with Midna near the end, have a dramatic final battle between Majora and Hylia, among other events I know about only from the wiki (and probably have all wrong) but that seem incredibly epic?

Was this a user named memefos who said this? He's a troll, more or less. Majora is still responsible for the later invasion of Hyrule.

And if I may ask what role, if any, will the other Druthulidi play in Hyrule Conquest? Will they be the same as it is in Hyrule: Total War?

Demise, Dethl, and Bellum are still at large as of the current mission I'm working on. All three of them will show up again eventually.

2 hours ago, Nukumnehtar said:

might I suggest just one more minor faction suggestion: a faction of people called Malanyans that worship the horse God Malanya (could be a titan for them?)--their leaders being East-Asian inspired Hylians that have Pegasus mounts like in the episode of the TV series Sing for the Unicorn, and their subjects being a bit Turkic-Mongol inspired like the Horse Stables in Breath of the Wild were. An all around horse-mounted faction with flying mounted units I think would be interesting to see.

I'm not entirely sure how I will implement a lot of elements from BOTW yet. Malanya isn't out of the question it's just a matter of figuring out how to introduce a new deity without messing up the lore I've got established. This happens every time a new Zelda game comes out. :laugh:

• Like 4

• Stan` pinned this topic