Hyrule Conquest

2 hours ago, elexis said:

What does return do?

Are you referring to the fact that the second return should never execute?

return this.resourceData; // returns, so function ends
return this.g_Players[g_ViewedPlayer].Civ; // this line is ignored

Could you get away with renaming metal to Rupee and switching the icon?

I think he wants to use metal for other civs though.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin

10 minutes ago, elexis said:

Could you get away with renaming metal to Rupee and switching the icon?

For my first demo I could, but I'm going to need unique resources that go beyond four by the time I get to my third faction. They are inorganic rock creatures that harvest various minerals and metals instead of food and wood.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim

I'm having no luck at all with resources, I guess for the time being I'll go back to what I'm proficient with. I got the hero units and their abilities done:

iQ0N2r3.jpg

Some details on the heroes and their abilities:

Spoiler

Kingdom of Hyrule Heroes:

gRRUf2X.jpg

Princess Tetralyna Zelda V

The crown Princess of Hyrule and the fifth woman to bear the name Zelda. Gifted with the power of Prophecy, the Princess can foresee events both small and large in her dreams. 

Hero Focus: Archers, Healing

Unique Unit: Light Arrow Archers (Powerful Archer/Mage combination unit)
Unique Tech: Royal Bows (Replaces Bows and Crossbows with Royal Hylian designs. +10% Archer range)
Hero Civ Bonus: Royal Decree ( Receives a slow trickle of Rupees from Taxes )

Hero Abilities: 
- Eyes of the Prophet (All Archer and Mage units in Zelda's aura gain +100% accuracy)
- Blood of Nohansen (All units in Zelda's formation gain slow health regeneration)
- Healing Regiments (When garrisoned inside a Bimaristan, Town Hall, or Castle all units garrisoned inside heal 25% faster)

OlMxybK.jpg

Link, Heir of Gustaf

The last in the First King of Hyrule's bloodline, Link was raised as a warrior amongst the Order of the Wizzrobe. With knowledge of both martial and arcane powers he trains and leads Hyrule's Knights into battle.

Hero Focus: Knight Units, Infantry

Unique Unit: Champion Knight (Powerful Commander that dramatically improves nearby melee Infantry)
Unique Tech: Hyron Tactics (Knowledge passed from his ancient ancestor. Enables Phalanx formation and increases the damage of all pole-arms by 10%)
Hero Civ Bonus: Heir of Gustaf (All first Rank Ups for infantry has no cost, only time.)

Hero Abilities: 
- Man of the People (Civilian units within Link's aura gain +25% attack and +1 non-magic defense)
- Blood of Gustaf (All Infantry melee units in formation with Link gain +5 defense against non-magical attacks)
- Legendary Training (When garrisoned inside a building, building trains batches of units 50% faster )

aYvIzIx.jpg

King Kazakk Nohansen

Once one of Hyrule's greatest generals, Kazakk married into royalty and fathered the fifth Princess Zelda. In his advancing age he has prepared to hand over his Kingdom to his daughter, but he still has quite a bit of fight left in him.

Hero Focus: Cavalry, Defenses

Unique Unit: Golden-clad Elite (Powerful anti-cavalry, cavalry unit)
Unique Tech: Chamfron Horse Armor (All Cavalry are coated in armor. Gives them +1 Armor and 10% more HP)
Hero Civ Bonus: Ironclad Commander (Cavalry and Iron-clad Elites take 10% less time to train)

Hero Abilities: 
- King and General (All Towers within aura have doubled arrow counts)
- Knightly Slaughter (All cavalry units in formation with Kazakk gain +25% increased damage)
- Deliverance (Garrisoned Castle or Town Center's arrow count is doubled, as well as receiving a +2 capture regen)

eHm4fqK.jpg

Rauru, Sage of Light

The immortal Sage of Light and architect of the Temple of Time, Rauru is centuries old and has long defended the Kingdom of Hyrule. An adviser to Princess Zelda, he is entrusted with detecting and forewarning of supernatural threats against the Kingdom.

Hero Focus: Construction, Workers

Unique Unit: Triforce Vanguard (Powerful and slow Defensive unit that can deal magic damage and has a resistance to magic attacks)
Unique Tech: Blessed Crafstmanship (All Civilians build and repair buildings 10% faster)
Hero Civ Bonus: Master Architect (All Buildings are 10% stronger and build 10% faster)

Hero Abilities: 
- Grand Overseer (All workers within radius move, build, and repair 10% faster)
- Shield of Light (All soldiers in formation gain +5 defense against Magic attacks)
- Stalwart Defense (Garrisoned structure gains +5 armor against non-magical attacks and +2 regen to capture rate)

Kingdom of Hyrule Titan:

YvN0wP8.jpg

Fi, Spirit of the Master Sword

A powerful spirit of the world that was bound against her will within the Master Sword. Now freed from her prison, Fi exhibits tremendous power and can bring animated swords against enemies of the Kingdom.

Titan Aura: Blade Dancer (All units armed with swords ignore enemy armor)

Gerudo Heroes:

kkFdvN1.jpg
Emperor Ganondorf

The last male Gerudo and only man to be born since the century of their curse, Ganondorf rules as the undisputed emperor of his people. He is utterly ruthless and harbors a burning hatred for the Hylians and their wealthy lands.

Hero Focus: Mass Cavalry

Unique Unit: Arbiter (Powerful mounted commander that improves the performance of all nearby cavalry)
Unique Tech: Ancestral Armor (Cavalry gain a +1 damage reduction against anti-cavalry attacks)
Hero Civ Bonus: The Last Warlord (Arbiters can be trained at Stables once a Fortress is built. Vagrudanons and Despoilers 10% reduced cost)

Hero Abilities: 
- Tyrant of the Dunes (Enemy Infantry within Ganondorf's aura have -10% HP)
- Gerudo Dragon (Cavalry in formation with Ganondorf move 10% faster)
- King of the Gerudo (Garrisoned Palace trains batches of units 25% faster, gains +3 resistance to Siege Damage, and a +2 capture regen rate)

mKqV9rg.jpg

Nabooru, Sage of Spirits

The legal wife of Ganondorf and Empress of the Gerudo, as well as the Sage of Spirits. Nabooru faces a struggle between loyalty to her husband and the duty of Sagehood and the greater safety of Hyrule.

Hero Focus: Archers, Economic

Unique Unit: Serpent Slayer (Skilled warriors armed with Mirror Shields, making them immune to all magic attacks)
Unique Tech: Kovaloo's Gift (All archer units gain +25% increased movement speed)
Hero Civ Bonus: Amber Empress (10% population cap bonus)

Hero Abilities: 
- Dune Volley (All ranged units (Archer, Mage, Siege) within Nabooru's aura gain +25% range to their attacks)
- Supply Raid (Units in formation with Nabooru gain 100% more loot from all kills)
- Logistics (Garrisoned Pig Farm, Supply Mill, and Market trains units and researches techs 25% faster )

pbYhnaS.jpg

General Urbosa 

One of Ganondorf's countless daughters born to a lowly mother. She seeks the approval of her father and religiously serves in his army and campaign to conquer all of Hyrule.

Hero Focus: Infantry, Looting

Unique Unit: Golden Gladiators (Powerful claymore wielders that ignore all armor and can dodge attacks)
Unique Tech: Desert Drills (Gerudo Infantry gain a small increase in chance to dodge melee attacks)
Hero Civ Bonus: Champion of the Desert (A further increase to the amount of Loot gained)

Hero Abilities: 
- Urbosa's Fury (Enemy units within Urbosa's radius have -1 reduced armor resistance)
- Gerudo Reflexes (All Melee Infantry units in formation with Urbosa gain a 10% increased chance to dodge melee attacks)
- General of Ashinon (Garrisoned Tower or Fortress receives a +5 capture regen rate)

bXJmXlz.jpg
Princess Makeela Riju

Hero Focus: The daughter of Ganondorf and Nabooru and the legal heir to the Gerudo throne. Riju has a fondness for Sandseals and seeks to rebuild the fallen Gerudo empire through means other than conquest.

Hero Focus: Sandseals, Defenses

Unique Unit: Dust Sentinels (Slow and durable Archer Cavalry Creature that is stealthed while not moving)
Unique Tech: Desert Haven (Palace and Oasis can heal nearby units)
Hero Civ Bonus: Eyes on Paradise (Gerudo Swine yield +25 more food)

Hero Abilities: 
- Desert Borders (Walls within Riju's aura radius gain +3 resistance to Crush damage)
- Sandseal Master (Sandseals in formation with Riju move 10% faster and have 25% increased HP)
- Sandseal Trainer (Garrisoned Sandseal Pen trains  batches of Sandseals 50% faster.)

Gerudo Titan:

PWqBitV.jpg

Twinrova, the Sorceress Sisters
The surrogate mothers of Ganondorf, the twin sisters Koume and Kotake merged into a powerful and malevolent entity known as Twinrova. When combined the witches are capable of unleashing devastating fire and ice magic against enemies.

Titan Aura: Surge of Magic (Mage units within Twinrova's aura deal 10% increased damage and have +1 range)

I should have a demo out sometime in the next week or so, so stay tuned.

• Like 4

Indeed it's not implemented I wonder how hard it is to have it though. Maybe something like trigger able auras dealing damage around. 

Maybe adding those two things to aura would be nice. So for instance let's say you can trigger a unit boost aura for some time will triggering a special anim and changing the model with another variant here with firework

<animName>Cheer<animName>

<animTime>10<animTime>

<UnitVariant>fireworks</UnitVariant>

<auraDurationTime>200</auraDurationTime>

Is there a tutorial for this game?  I know there are guides for each faction in pdf form, but I mean is there a guide or a tutorial explaining the basic mechanics of the game?  Last time I played (version 4.5) it just sort of threw me in without a hit of what to do or how to do it, and that's a real turn off for me.

4 minutes ago, Moon_Dew said:

Is there a tutorial for this game?  I know there are guides for each faction in pdf form, but I mean is there a guide or a tutorial explaining the basic mechanics of the game?  Last time I played (version 4.5) it just sort of threw me in without a hit of what to do or how to do it, and that's a real turn off for me.

It should play very similarly to 0AD, especially the Kingdom of Hyrule. As factions are added they'll each get more and more unique in playstyle and resource management.

14 minutes ago, Moon_Dew said:

The guides I have finished are for the Total War version of the game, not this version. I'll have guides for the first two factions when I release a demo on 0AD

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

The guides I have finished are for the Total War version of the game, not this version. I'll have guides for the first two factions when I release a demo on 0AD

Oh, I just got it now.  I didn't read the whole OP before posting.  I've just been looking around for a tutorial guide in general for the Total War conversion, seeing as the only other Total War game I have any experience with is Warhammer.

Does this mean you're not going to work on the Total War mod anymore?

Neph will release one final update for the TW version, completely overhauling the last 3 factions (Kingdom of Ikana, Forces of Twilight, and River Zora) and hopefully squashing out most major bugs. After that there might be some unofficial bug fixes from other people who helped him with the mod.

7 minutes ago, Gocker said:

Neph will release one final update for the TW version, completely overhauling the last 3 factions (Kingdom of Ikana, Forces of Twilight, and River Zora) and hopefully squashing out most major bugs. After that there might be some unofficial bug fixes from other people who helped him with the mod.

That's awesome!

54 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Hey, Neph, not to sound like a broken record or nothing, but will you include a tutorial mode for each faction in the next update?  Or at least a general tutorial?

20 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I've got another question I forgot to ask earlier, is there a way to make it so that researching a technology changes a unit's visual actor, attached prop, or just outright changes their template file?

It can only swap out the complete unit actor. It cannot swap prop actors.

Here is a list of tech effects. Not sure how current it is.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TechModifications

You can use a technology requirement to promote a certain unit into another one, as is done with the Macedonian champion:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/technologies/successors/upgrade_mace_silvershields.json
https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units/mace_champion_infantry_a.xml
https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units/mace_champion_infantry_e.xml

Then in the second template you can redefine the unit's visual actor, stats, etc. It's not a beautiful solution, but it works.

PS Nice selection markers! (a dozen or so posts up) You might want to edit the “footprint” in the templates to ensure the visual actor fits inside. :)

Edited by Nescio
footprints

22 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

iQ0N2r3.jpg

The Triforce selections are awesome. But there's a problem.

To do that, you had to increase the unit footprint size, correct? The problem with this is that increases the size of their hitbox and now they are more vulnerable to ranged units, as any projectile that lands within the footprint counts as a "hit." I ran into this peculiarity in DE.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

8 hours ago, Nescio said:

You can use a technology requirement to promote a certain unit into another one, as is done with the Macedonian champion:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/technologies/successors/upgrade_mace_silvershields.json
https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units/mace_champion_infantry_a.xml
https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units/mace_champion_infantry_e.xml

Then in the second template you can redefine the unit's visual actor, stats, etc. It's not a beautiful solution, but it works.

PS Nice selection markers! (a dozen or so posts up) You might want to edit the “footprint” in the templates to ensure the visual actor fits inside. :)

Is there a way to disable the unit ranking up normally before the technology is researched? If not this method won't work.

Units typically require 100 experience to promote, which is doable. Those Macedonians require an unrealistic 2000; they'll usually be killed long before that. If you're concerned your unit might accidently promote, you could set the requirement even higher, e.g. 60000. And if you don't want to use experience promotion at all for all units, then you could edit some of the js game files and set experience gain per hit or kill to 0. Or change the loot/xp value of all templates you use to 0.

Alternatively, you could consider the “upgrade” function instead of “promotion”; you can set costs and a technology requirement, as is done with the sentry tower:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/template_structure_defense_sentry_tower.xml

The difference is that upgrade is individual and non-automatic. So you'll have to manually click to upgrade your units, even if it's free and instant.

PS Both suggestions are roundabout options which work, although I'm the first to admit that neither is beautiful.

Edited by Nescio

Some more questions that help me add the final touches:

How can I set a limit to the number of buildings or units that can be out, such as Heroes? I messed with EntityLimitations and it seems to work for buildings, but not Heroes.

3 hours ago, Nescio said:

Units typically require 100 experience to promote, which is doable. Those Macedonians require an unrealistic 2000; they'll usually be killed long before that. If you're concerned your unit might accidently promote, you could set the requirement even higher, e.g. 60000. And if you don't want to use experience promotion at all for all units, then you could edit some of the js game files and set experience gain per hit or kill to 0. Or change the loot/xp value of all templates you use to 0.

That method will work then. :)

32 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

How can I set a limit to the number of buildings or units that can be out, such as Heroes? I messed with EntityLimitations and it seems to work for buildings, but not Heroes.

You can create your own entry in \simulation\templates\special\player.xml with a custom class name, and then just give that class to the affected unit or building.

So, like, if you wanted only 1 Link and 1 Zelda, you can create new entries in player.xml, named Link and Zelda respectively and set them to >1<.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

59 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

You can create your own entry in \simulation\templates\special\player.xml with a custom class name, and then just give that class to the affected unit or building.

Awesome that worked out.

Next question, can a melee attack be given splash damage? I tried it out but it's giving me xml parse errors.

• Like 1