Hyrule Conquest

1 hour ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

There are new public releases for 0 A.D. around twice a year. While that's not as fast as 3-4 months, it might be worth waiting. I think for your more ambitious players that can't wait, they would need to apply your mod to the dev version of the game. If most of your players use windows, then they could use the autobuilt exe in the dev version and wouldn't have to build it themselves. This makes it much easier to use the dev version because your players won't have to worry about setting up all of the dependencies needed for compiling. The only other option is to package the dev version, but that's a significant time investment for something that is potentially buggy.

Hmmm, there are several active good mods. What about this for an official release schedule:

Alpha 23 preview release

Alpha 23

Alpha 24 preview release

Alpha 24

etc.?

3 months between each release. There's nothing like a deadline to put some butts on fire. Preview releases are stable builds that include no new content just all the fixes and whatnot for the previous release, maybe a few new features, some balancing changes, etc. but with these releases, mods like Hyrule, Delenda Est, Terra Magna, Balance Mod, etc. can choose to release for them. Also, you keep some interest going between the big 6 month releases. Six months is a long time, and just going by Youtube video count, content creators run out of things to say about the game by about month 3. Just an idea. 

I'd favor a 4 month release cycle to keep it a bag of positive surprises. We could have probably released 2 months earlier if there hadn't been things to wait for beforehand (something like 8 things to wait one week for each. It hadn't been in our control to change.) I'd prefer 3 releases over 4 per year to keep it a tremendous update (as opposed to having only one major feature).

Alpha 22 development started Nov 10th 2016, then feature freeze was on Jun 1st and release was on July 27th. That's just bad. The key to improving that is having more active and qualified contributors if we don't want to release without new features that can be mentioned in a release announcement.

Wait, this is the Hyrule Total War thread?

• Like 3

I have another question. I've made a mock-up of a feature I really want to include in my game:

yZpyDZL.jpg

The idea is that at the start of a match it shows four heroes to choose from that unlock specific units and technologies. Is there anyway this sort of feature is currently possible or a way I could go about implementing it?

• Like 1

I guess I'll have to mess with some components and hopefully figure out how to get the hero icons to show up at the start of a match. I really have no idea where to start but I guess I'll just mess with things and see what happens.

On 8/15/2017 at 1:11 PM, fcxSanya said:

So, unless I've missed something, you can:

1. remove the default peace tracks from 'resetTracks'

2. shuffle only second and subsequent tracks for the 'PEACE' state in 'updateState'

I'm digging this up because I just realized that it's not playing the first music track and then shuffling the rest, it's just playing all the tracks in a specific order. I must have messed up the script in the music.js file. Really not sure what to do, everything I try it either plays in a specific order of all tracks, or completely shuffles:

case this.states.PEACE:
			this.startPlayList(this.tracks.PEACE, 0, true);
			this.startPlayList(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE), 1.0, true);
			break;

3 hours ago, Imarok said:

Just write some js code.

I think @Lion.Kanzen wanted to do something similar some time ago.

This thing... I need help to implemented is very cool feature that's modify your tech tree after press a button that can selecting between two possibilities almost opposite or almost similar. And is different from reforms where you only select 2 kind of unit from 4 (2/4)

4 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

case this.states.PEACE:
			this.startPlayList(this.tracks.PEACE, 0, true);
			this.startPlayList(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE), 1.0, true);
			break;

I believe you should call startPlayList only once, otherwise it seems like you are starting to play one list (non-shuffled) and then immediately switching to another (shuffled).
What I suggested to do in the that second item ("2. shuffle only second and subsequent tracks for the 'PEACE' state in 'updateState'") is something like this:

// Play the first track first and then the remaining ones in a random order
this.startPlayList([this.tracks.PEACE[0]].concat(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE.slice(1))));

I didn't test it in the game, but "on paper" (in the browser console) it looks fine:

image.png

(randIntInclusive and shuffleArray definitions are from random.js and utility.js respectively)

16 minutes ago, fcxSanya said:

II didn't test it in the game, but "on paper" (in the browser console) it looks fine:

image.png

I'm not entirely sure what to do with everything after this.track.PEACE. I think I should mention I am more of an artist and not exactly the best at scripting so some of this might need to be explained to me like I am a neanderthal. :rolleyes:

Is this what was meant:

Music.prototype.resetTracks = function()
{
    this.tracks = {
        "MENU": ["HyruleConquest_Theme.ogg"].concat(shuffleArray([
            "HyruleConquest_Theme.ogg",
            "HyruleConquest_Theme.ogg",
            "HyruleConquest_Theme.ogg"
        ])),
        BATTLE: [ ],
        VICTORY : ["Victory1.ogg"],
        DEFEAT : ["Dried_Tears.ogg"]
    };
    this.tracks.PEACE = [1,2,3,4,5];
};

15 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I'm not entirely sure what to do with everything after this.track.PEACE.

The image from the browser console is just a test to check how concat/shuffleArray combination works, see the last 3 identical calls of

[this.tracks.PEACE[0]].concat(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE.slice(1)))

which produce different results (with the first element always on the first position):

[1, 5, 4, 3, 2]
[1, 3, 4, 5, 2]
[1, 2, 4, 3, 5]

this is an emulation of tracks order :)

What you need in your music.js is that one line (+comment):

this.startPlayList([this.tracks.PEACE[0]].concat(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE.slice(1))));

where I forgot two other params of startPlayList btw, so it actually should be:

this.startPlayList([this.tracks.PEACE[0]].concat(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE.slice(1))), 3.0, true);

You need to put it in "case this.states.PEACE:" of updateState (where your two startPlayList's currently are)

8 minutes ago, fcxSanya said:

this.startPlayList([this.tracks.PEACE[0]].concat(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE.slice(1))), 3.0, true);

You need to put it in "case this.states.PEACE:" of updateState (where your two startPlayList's currently are)

I've added this part into my music.js file ( under Music.prototype.updateState = function() ). It doesn't seem to be working though, the first track just loops over and over and it ignores all the others. :huh:

10 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I have another question. I've made a mock-up of a feature I really want to include in my game:

yZpyDZL.jpg

The idea is that at the start of a match it shows four heroes to choose from that unlock specific units and technologies. Is there anyway this sort of feature is currently possible or a way I could go about implementing it?

This is incredibly like what I would like to do with DE. Instead of training heroes at the Fortress or Civic Center, at the start of the match you would choose which hero you'd like to spawn with and that's the hero you get for the rest of the match, like in AOE3. Unlike AOE3, you'd have a choice with a UI popup just like what you show here. Good show.

This is really the kind of metagame the base game is sorely missing at this point, and if implemented would allow the base game and mods to shine.

14 minutes ago, fcxSanya said:

The image from the browser console is just a test to check how concat/shuffleArray combination works, see the last 3 results (identical calls of

[this.tracks.PEACE[0]].concat(shuffleArray(this.tracks.PEACE.slice(1)))

) which produce different results (with the first element always on the first position):

[1, 5, 4, 3, 2]
[1, 3, 4, 5, 2]
[1, 2, 4, 3, 5]

this is an emulation of tracks order :)

What you need in your music.js is that one line (+comment):

where I forget two other params of startPlayList btw, so it actually should be:

Can't this just go into the base game? So that the base game can have theme music for each civ and then have a randomized playlist with  whatever music. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone