Hyrule Conquest

Most of my animations seem to working in the engine, however occasionally sometimes my models seem to blink out of existence for a frame, like so:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs18kk1itgscncz/AnimBlink1.mp4?dl=0

It's not consistent either, sometimes the same animation plays with no blinking, sometimes it does. Any idea why this might be happening?

2 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

The skeleton detection is automatic. So it will look for the one who looks the most like him and use that.

That's pretty handy, less to worry about.

Mmh not necessarily just add them as child of current bones and make them inherit transforms.

Sorry IRC is not the best thing on my phone :)

I wrote an android app to read the logs though :P

Edited by stanislas69

12 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Mmh not necessarily just add them as child of current bones and make them inherit transforms.

Hmmm, I added prop-bones. One of them worked, though two of them are not working when I load the model up.

bone_head is working, but not bone_Lhand and bone_Rhand. Maybe I did something wrong:

hyl_townguard.dae

Does something have to be done in the skeleton.xml file, perhaps?

Edited by The Undying Nephalim

They do not need to be in the skeleton file as far as I know.

When you say that they don't work do you mean the game does not see them or that the results you get are weird ?

So the bones are named like prop_Lhand  or prop_bone_Lhand?

Are you sure you did not make a typo in the case of the XML file ? Like prop_bone_LHand or prop_bone_lhand.

Edited by stanislas69

6 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

They do not need to be in the skeleton file as far as I know.

When you say that they don't work do you mean the game does not see them or that the results you get are weird ?

So the bones are named like prop_Lhand  or prop_bone_Lhand?

Are you sure you did not make a typo in the case of the XML file ? Like prop_bone_LHand or prop_bone_lhand.

The error I get is:
Failed to find matching prop point called "bone_Lhand" in model

They are spelled correctly in the skeleton xml file:

<bone name="bone_Rhand">

<bone name="bone_Lhand">

4 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

I would remove them from the skeleton and see what happens.

Also I can't open this dae on my phone so I can't check the bone names in it.

Removing them from the skeleton xml file doesnt seem to solve it, still getting:

<p class="error">ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "bone_Lhand" in model "art/meshes/hylian/hyl_townguard.dae" for actor "hylian_town_guard_b"</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "bone_Rhand" in model "art/meshes/hylian/hyl_townguard.dae" for actor "hylian_town_guard_b"</p>

Here's the skeleton in blender:

anzx9Wt.jpg

Okay I think I know what's going on.

Can you try to rename the props without the bone_ prefix ? I think the game is somehow getting confused by the names.

Edit: don't forget to edit the XML actor accordingly

Edited by stanislas69

I have to to know sorry.

Things to try 

-> Add props to skeleton

-> Try prop- instead of prop_

-> Check if you don't have two skeleton files messing with each other

-> Check if you reexported every anims. Maybe something is still cached and messing up. Unlikely.

-> Try with a simple armature to see if something is weird.

-> Recheck bone names match with actors.

-> Leave Stan a few hours sleep so he can try tomorrow :)

Good luck.

If you find make sure to report it here. Anims are the only annoying part of the engine. 

Maybe we should have better error messages. @vladislavbelov

I've got another question, how do you make arrows vanish in the middle of a ranged attack? I've got the arrow spawning fine:

Spoiler

gf8tS7p.jpg

But can't seem to get it to vanish. I presume it's done in the ranged attack animation file, here's mine:

<variant name="attack_ranged">
  <animations>
    <animation event="0.35" file="HC_biped/biped_hum_archeratt.dae" load="0.75" name="attack_ranged" speed="100"/>
  </animations>
  <props>
    <prop actor="" attachpoint="bone_Rhand"/>
    <prop actor="props/units/weapons/hylian_arrowA.xml" attachpoint="bone_Rhand"/>
  </props>
</variant>

About arrows I'm not sure I think it has to do with decay time but I don't know where it's defined.

About props offsets just offset the prop in blender and apply transforms, so that pivot point is at origin.

You can't do it in XML AFAIK.

Another prop related question, is it possible to spawn more than one prop per bone? I have a prop attached to a model's root bone, and when they gather resources it spawns a cart at the root bone but removes the original prop that was attached to them. I'd like both to appear at the same time without one removing the other.

EDIT: Also please tell me it's possible to have projectiles fire from a bone of my choosing and not one specifically called "projectile." I really don't want to redo all the skeletons and animations I just spent the last week getting in just because of this detail.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim