Age of Empires definitive edition [remaster]

The first thing that came to my mind was that we must use this hype to bring relevant people to 0 A.D. Let's put together a quotes we can use:

• Several zoom levels? How about an infinity of them?
  • Going to buy something you already have? Get something new for free.
  • Like 2

An Empires Apart's dev says a similar concern I did, ("same thing, different textures")

Whether it's true or not, I was also thinking on the other point he was making: Microsoft just trying to cash in more money.

And if I would try to go deeper in what's really going on in their minds: AoE DE is a threat to Empires Apart, which I think is the real concern.

• Sad 1

When it comes to issues, Zach saved the day in an earlier video.

16 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think 0 a.d. need to differentiate itself from AOE more. I have proposed how to do that, and I think, "But we have citizen-soldiers!" is not what needs to be emphasized. Citizen-soldiers are controversial at best anyways.

What do you mean? I thought there were enough differences:
Territorial Boundaries, each "Town Center" and Starting Citizens look unique, capturing structures, units gaining exp, etc.. All of these while *visually* similar to any historic RTS in the market.

• Like 1

Just now, sphyrth said:

What do you mean? I thought there were enough differences:
Territorial Boundaries, each "Town Center" and Starting Citizens look unique, capturing structures, units gaining exp, etc.. All of these while *visually* similar to any historic RTS in the market.

Now imagine if they announce a brand new AOE4 this fall, which they have hinted at. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • First time I saw someone , saying AoE2 was make for casuals and queue  feature is lazy and APM is the solution to best player.

----

today Mayorcete reveals other stuff.

• No formations
  • we will have rally points.
  • No steam and Win 10 exclusive
  • May be a better system to queue farms
  • probably not champion unit/ unique.
  • new GUI that's support idle villagers.

16 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:
  • First time I saw someone , saying AoE2 was make for casuals and queue  feature is lazy and APM is the solution to best player.

Even took a jab at automated farms. I appreciate the effort of going against the modern "stream-lined" gameplay, but that's just going overboard. The Auto-farm may be the reason why we have "Add a Manual Farm" and "Keep the Corral System" debates, but just how much APM is needed for something so mundane be needed?

I see in the comments argue "It's not about improving your APM, it's about making it less tedious." And I believe a no-queue system is just unnecessary work. A person who can train the next Villager almost immediately while scouting doesn't really impress me.

APM is good, and should be recognized. But that should take a backseat, and let Strategic Skills shine more.

• Like 1

Windows 10 exclusive, it just figures Microsoft would pull that nonsense. If the old games actually worked on Windows 10, most people who still have the original version wouldn't feel like they absolutely had to get this version. I have the original version of all three of the games, AoE, AoE2, and AoM, that have been remastered, but the only reason I can't play them is because my XP computers all quit working at basically the same time.

• Like 3

Between this nonsense and GameStop killing Impulse after they acquired it from Stardock, with Supreme Commander Gold and Stardock's stuff being the only thing from there I still have access to, because THQ apparently switched it to Steam before they went belly up. I hate DRM and Steam, but if everything else is just going to die off. I am willing to bite the bullet and really use it, because at least it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Zeta1127 said:

Between this nonsense and GameStop killing Impulse after they acquired it from Stardock, with Supreme Commander Gold and Stardock's stuff being the only thing from there I still have access to, because THQ apparently switched it to Steam before they went belly up. I hate DRM and Steam, but if everything else is just going to die off. I am willing to bite the bullet and really use it, because at least it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I think GOG does a pretty good job updating titles maybe that could work too. Most of their games are DRM freed I think.

Edit : I agree it is lame though. If you have Linux and wine some old title run fairly well especially since graphic cards got better 

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

When I find stable employment I will buy a faster PC and get this AOE game. I think they should make a new AOM too, but do it from scratch even if much of it is similar. First priority on RTS games though, is to donate to 0 a.d.

Why do so many people dislike Windows Store? Do they think that it is a conspiracy to block Steam? lmao

14 minutes ago, jeffnz said:

When I find stable employment I will buy a faster PC and get this AOE game. I think they should make a new AOM too, but do it from scratch even if much of it is similar. First priority on RTS games though, is to donate to 0 a.d.

Why do so many people dislike Windows Store? Do they think that it is a conspiracy to block Steam? lmao

People thinks is more stable and user friendly than Win Store. Other thing is the Workshop  and mod the game.

im playing the original with the Upatch , the differences will be do great difference even  if they try to no change much the game.

whats is MS doing?

they are try to focus in their services : the store , Xbox live and Win 10. They aren't interesting in selling in steam because I'm sure the store is more expensive to maintain than the profit they can be do with Steam in the first months since the release.

• Confused 1