===[MILLENNIUM AD MESHES]===

Alexandermb

Same question asked before about the norse gates, does a ram or an elephant can pass through those gates? Btw, It looks better with that color, nice work!

And, consider what niek wrote before, a topic per model

On 6/12/2017 at 7:11 AM, niektb said:

@Alexandermb: the ones that are completely finished should be committed, the ones that still need feedback or approval should be given a separate topic for each mesh or anything (you can see that this topic is already starting to get cluttered :) )

So we would end up with topic names like

[Norse][Building] Longport

[Norse][Ship] Drekkar

Etc...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Door for anglo.
59418ddf4726b_anglogate.PNG.deda0c41777d28d1d0bbf1b7c5ba159f.PNG

el de la izquierda es el de los nórdicos y es el modelo de prueba, el que se usa actualmente no posee slope, y el 2do es basándome en el diseño de la foto, pero puede tener una mejor textura, hasta ahora solo seria de prueba.

la puerta me encanta y si tal ves algunas texturas ayuden , y tu hiciste el drakkar no? es genial pero tambien en el casco le faltan texturas se ve plano y en la foto que adjunto se ven como tejas aunque yo sabia que no usaban clavos un saludo haces un buen trabajo como aprendiste a modelear

28_Viking_longship_Oslo_May_75.jpg

@tlauick_19 Si, yo lo hice, las texturas que usé fueron unas que use del dominio CC faltaría que alguien hiciera unas texturas para este mismo ya que las que posee no se asemejan a un casco real, y modelando nada mas modificando mediante vértices como si fuera un plano cartesiano y dando forma usando el "symmetrice" lo cual es muy util.

• Like 1

For now i leave the anglo walls for a few days until i research more about the towers. and after saw a lot of images of the drekkar, and the viking casc structure i made the drekkar a bit more wider, and made symmetrical the folded sail, and now it moves with the ship at idle stance.

5943043c38153_drekkarfinished.PNG.f254f22aedb738c3145eece4ec36680c.PNG

• Like 1

Made a karvi ship, (Smaller, and have less oars) and also, remade the drekkar animation file and fixed the position of the skeleton, now i've made a base skeleton in case anyone want's to make another ship whitout concerning about the animation. this skeleton will use two animations wich i already made, for Idle, and for move. (Still use Longboat skeleton.xml file)
Note: The drekkar still have the same size as before

If someone needs to make a ship with oars, just delete the ship and keep the oars you need and make the ship as you like.

Spoiler

594b47417ea05_drekkarykarvi.JPG.92012cfdf0bedc47b7e90c8a5ad951c8.JPGskeleton.thumb.JPG.e0e3a1c1e7ac972b9519a7c972525f3e.JPG

Animations

Blender file:
>> drekkar reanimado.blend <<

• Like 1

Btw, according to our research (https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6hwc2k81h430k4/viking research.pdf?dl=0 page 8) the karvi has between 12 and 32 oars so you current count for the karvi oars is fine :)

Btw, I noticed that we now have two different texture types for the Norse ships. The first one is bright and is used on the fishing ship, snekkja and the knarr. The second is much darker (and is used on Alexandermb's karvi and drekar). I think we should make a choice between one of those for the sake of cohesion. What about you @Alexandermb @stanislas69

Also, @Alexandermb:  please don't forget about this one :D (makes it a lot easier for us to comment and keep track of the status of models (i.e. when it's ready for committing or still being discussed about) ;) ) 

Spoiler

I finally had the time (I have graduated from school, yay!:victory:) to browse through your 7z file and I have some comments I want to make... (but I prefer to do that in an organized matter ;) )

• Like 1

About the texture I don't know which one is best. One is totally weathered and makes boat like they are not being taken care of which is only okay for fishing boats I guess. The other is kinda dark though so I don't know if it's better for the rest of the fleet.

• Like 1

i don't liked the idea of the ghost ships spawning arrows from the root, so with the people inside the ships. they use the original ranged animations, and i've made two animations more for right and left side crew.

in this order they will attack or defend (simulated, this don't affect at all damage or defense)

A   D
B   C
A   D
B   C
A   D
B   C

A and B use the ranged animation.
C and D use the shield raised animation.

Spoiler

594d93056a4b1_rangedsnekkja.JPG.50c3188aac891100de5360c65b377787.JPG

Note: that was the snekkja ship i've made, here you can see the difference of the ships

Spoiler

Snekkja

(This one have the same flag at the top of the mast)

snekkja.png.1fbdd10f5f664ff63f05640c528afddb.png

Karvi

karvi.png.3ac8f1f6ae928a2d81361dee103480fc.png

Drekkar (only this one have "Dragon head and tail")

Drekkar.thumb.PNG.127f5ebf3c3582217fa978a4d8fb7a3f.PNG

• Like 2

One ticket per each, please

8 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

@niektb Should i open one topic for the three ships or one for each ship?

Whenever you garrison a unit the attackers units appears all at once?

Now that you are making the animations a lot of things may be done. Like, a ship cannot move if there is no unit garrisoned there, you garrison units and the boat start looking like the screenshots you posted, that would be more micromanagment if i'm not wrong, but it would be more realistic and pretty cool.  It's just a wild idea, that could improve naval battles

Edited by Skhorn

@Skhorn that was my first idea, but i don't know how to make them stay on every oar when garrison, or stay in the ship and play the animation files instead of the basic infantry idle. For now the ship crew spawns with the ship, and the ship has every prop point for each sit. 

that would be a lot realistic, but it will need a new code for GarrisonIa telling the unit's to play another variant like the "base_swordman_shield_relax".

I'm not so fond of these ship garrison ideas. It creates a lot of unneeded micromanagement and it's an awful lot of work for little benefit (plus we would need to do it for all ships I guess) 

@Alexandermb: nice! These topics are indeed how I imagined it (y) The only thing that's missing is that the topics in question are for the Norse civ :)