The tech tree needs more info?

Lion.Kanzen

Many times when I play, don't pay attention to the civ, many time I'm playing as random.

but me as player and AoE fan, I need study the civs , so....

Im talking session game.

can be nice add to tech tree following information.

• bonus
  • team bonus
  • what kind of civ I'm playing , my selected civ is good in what?

here an example.

IMG_6421.JPG

Kind of civ or special focus class : Infantry yer

all bonus.

champion units/unique

unique technologies 

these are not obviusly in the tech tree. I haven't  a way to acces to this info. I now about new meanin of color avatar, but the rest of players...

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

Yes, I had this thought too. I think the information in the current "History" section of the game should be merged into "structree." And then "History" can be renamed to "Library" or something and given the Age of Mythology treatment, ala @s0600204's old awesome patch with the right-click ability to open Library entries on entities in the game.

The layout of "structree" can be modified to include the information present in the civ.json files...

I propose to do that with icons/portraits and tooltips. There would be a section each for Civ Bonuses and Team Bonuses. If they are auras, then give aura files the ability to have a portrait. In the Bonuses sections, the portraits would show and when hover with cursor, tooltips would tell you what you want to know.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

My preference comes from the Battle Realms Tech Tree. Note how the Structures Icons have a different shape from the Trainable Units.
123123123123.jpg.7ef6e09027918c2d206b76fea8ad02b5.jpge

In 0 A.D., I'm imagining that the Structures have an "upside-down house" shape, the trainable units maintain the square shape, while the upgrades have a circle shape.

49 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Indeed AoM for example.

IMG_6423.PNG

Hmm, that is what we call "structree" in 0 A.D. and is generally already in the game.

The "Library" is this thing:

bGF1naU.png

dTI3QH8.png

EsvsjN5.png

yWJsgG0.png

ZHlNKhZ.png

48 minutes ago, sphyrth said:

I like that "more info" when I'm not playing, but only the necessary info when I'm in-game. So, how about a little difference between the In-game Manual and the On-screen Manual?

errr, all I'm talking about is showing the Civ Bonuses and Team Bonuses in Structree.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

I think the current idea is to refactor the "helper" Library functions so that they can be called from arbitrary places in the code, then create proper encyclopaedias and trees everywhere needed.

It's basically planned, but progress is slow and steady.

• Like 2