Improvements of Norse models

Alexandermb

i have been looking for free 3D models to try to make it look a bit better and i have found some axes and shields but the most important one i found a longboat wich is realy great and i have adapted it to the size of 0 ad and now its looks good but i have no idea how to make it have oars and how to animate them, and i have included a sail deployed when its moving.

here i leave a size comparation image of the ship.imageproxy.php?img=&key=4309c155facf0c1f

drakkar.PNG

drakkar 2.PNG

• Like 3

I think this would work as gate for the nordic wall i was following the pictures of a "Trelleborg" 
I made the gate using the "Celt Gate" asset and "Hellenes Door" the mesh works as prop file so if anyone can make a better door its good to know. it will be more easy making just the door

trelleborg.jpg

678_0_3721479_19334.jpg

Captura_de_pantalla_(393).png

Captura_de_pantalla_(394).png

Captura_de_pantalla_(395).png

• Like 1

Subire aqui una carpeta con los archivos necesarios para los modelos con texturas, pero no estoy seguro de que esten completos, en cualquier caso estoy al tanto.
Respecto a los francos y sajones, dadas su civilizaciones cristianas y su ubicación geografica a comparacion con los nordicos su arquitectura destacaba mas en piedra que en madera, por lo tanto e estado buscando unos modelos de murallas de piedra, o tal vez use los mismos modelos de 0 ad nativo pero retexturados en piedra gris con blanca, y darles un modelo menos diagonal y mas recto. lo que si consegui en un modelo gratis fueron unas casas basicas pero de piedra, un set como de 5 sin embargo las casas ya diseñadas para los sajones estan muy bien diseñadas con el kit entero.

New_Norse.7z

@Alexandermb Saludos offtopic:( y fuerza! Ojala todo mejore por alla pronto)

Y si creas los slopes? Aunque en el vanilla ya hay unos, pero tal vez te interese mirarlos

Spoiler

C0150322-Viking_ring_fortress_wall,_artw

Hmm con respecto a las murallas que creaste, depronto en las torres de las puertas podrias añadirle algunas palizadas que sobresalgan, las haria ver mas amenazadoras, es como la impresión que tengo de los nordicos

Edited by Skhorn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skhorn said:

@Alexandermb Saludos offtopic:( y fuerza! Ojala todo mejore por alla pronto)

Y si usas los slopes? 

Hide contents

C0150322-Viking_ring_fortress_wall,_artw

Offtopic: (Gracias, todos estamos luchando en las calles para derrocar este régimen) 
Podria dividir la seccion lateral y frontal de la muralla en dos mitades, de manera que pueda agregarle otra Face y colocarle ahi textura de grama o monticulos de tierra

• Like 2

Aunque implementando el sistema de mejoras (Outpost > Wood Tower) podria implementarse con esta facción usando ambos modelos, el anterior como la primera fase, y si se desea mejorar con una tecnologia, se emplea el diseño que publique de manera que se vea mas fortificada.

I don't speak spanish either :( 

But based on the pictures: the gate and the walls look really big to me. I would like to see a comparison with a gate and walls from other civs. Also I suggest removing that slope again, in-game it would probably happen that the slopes would be on the outside of the wall, which is pretty lame :) 

About you're viking ship: could you do a size comparison with a quinquireme too? Other than the size it looks pretty decent! 

I would like to see a sail though. What do you think about oars @stanislas69?

@shieldwolf23: do you still by change have that research document about the viking longboats? The link in the other topic gives a 404 :) 

About the viking ship, first things first, where are those textures from ?

About oars, It's a bit annoying to do them for ships where they are visible as you can't use the trick currently used in game, you have to animate each single one of them.

https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/918078 
Models and textures from this site, it has "Royalty Free License - All Extended Uses" so it can be used on games.
About the comparison size (Trireme left - Viking ship middle - Quinquireme right)

And about the slope walls, if the slope is outside the walls is because the wall itself have been placed wrong. If a garrisoned unit leavese the garrison on the wall it will be droped outside the walls right to the enemy, but if the slope is inside the walls it will be droped in the safe place.

And about the walls textures i edited them using the same norse struct textures and the mesh using the "Celtic gate" + "Norse wall's".
if the ship coming from other page's isn't allowed i think i can manage to adapt the snekkja and make it bigger and like the ship i posted but it will mess up the oars so it will be removed. 

Captura de pantalla (409).png

Captura de pantalla (410).png

Edited by Alexandermb

Hey @Alexandermb

If you can speak english it is going to make things easier :)

About the boat from what I can see license is not okay sadly...

This asset is of a historical Viking longship with accurate dimensions in relation to a Viking longship blueprint. This asset is game ready and included are the .FBX files and texture maps. This was made using Autodesk student license and you can not use this for commercial use!

Which is against the CC-BY-SA 3.0 / 4.0 license all our art is licensed under. Possible solutions are

→ Remake the thing entirely. Not sure about the texture, as whatever program he used shouldn't have the same license issue.

→ Add in the readme the name of the files and state explicitely they cannot be used commercially. Maybe @niektb can tell more about this.

About the wall I think the concerns are with the ingame wall placement code, where a player wouldn't be able to rotate the walls.

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/918078 
Models and textures from this site, it has "Royalty Free License - All Extended Uses" so it can be used on games.

Unfortunately, that license is only free in the sense of "at no cost", but not in the sense of intellectual freedom. It is not an open-source license, and unfortunately isn't compatible with CC licenses.

The license is very explicitly anti-open-source; to quote from the website: "Redistribution: Most uses (including games made with Unity and Unreal) are acceptable for redistribution because the 3D files are part of a larger creation and not in an open format. Giving away the 3D model file itself is not allowed."

• Like 1