Hi guys!

I have created two scenarios taking as base a map started by Viridis. I found that map last week while looking for a nice numantine scenario and I decided to finish it, trying to make to make it accurate, beautiful and playable.
The scenarios are: "First battle of Numantia" and "Siege of Numantia". I attach the scenario files in dropbox links with some screenshots since it doesn't allow me to upload more than 5 mg here (that I used already in other post).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjrbcqdpv8kp2ga/AABZoZlNNQ5CpdJTM2n-qxtea?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n69ch85molnt8q8/AADayW9fr9TruR2i9aNAPU2Sa?dl=0

These are the map descriptions:

FIRST BATTLE OF NUMANTIA

"Numantia is famous for its role in the Celtiberian Wars. In the year 153 BC Numantia experienced its first serious conflict with Rome, when it hosted the rebel inhabitants of Sekaiza. In the year 153 a. C Fulvius Nobilior attacked Numantia with a huge Roman army and cavalry support of the Numidian King Massinissa, including elephants, which unexpectedly went uncontrollable and charged against the Roman soldiers. That fact changed the course of the battle that ended with the Iberian victory."

The game starts with the battle where Gaia elephants attack roman troops. As iberian you are quite near the action and can decide if joining the battle (to inflict more damage to the roman troops but putting at the same time your units in risk with the elephants smashing everything around) or complete the retreat of your troops to your town walls.

SIEGE OF NUMANTIA

"Numantia is famous for its role in the Celtiberian Wars. In the year 153 BC Numantia experienced its first serious conflict with Rome. After 20 years of hostilities, in the year 133 BC the Roman Senate gave Scipio Aemilianus Africanus the task of destroying Numantia. He laid siege to the city, erecting a nine kilometre fence supported by towers, moats, impaling rods and so on. After 13 months of siege, the Numantians decided to burn the city and die free rather than live and be slaves."

The roman faction starts with 7 camps and a strong force surrounding the iberian walled town. Some fences are built around the roman camps but not finished yet so the iberian should try to obercome it as soon as possible in order to have access to resources.

****** Unfortunately I found several problems that make these scenarios impossible to play. I number them as follows:
1. The AI, doesn't not attack, build, create units, nor make any attempt to win. Just defend.
2. Many errors appear in cascade as I load it to play, and I guess they have something to do with the AI unactivity.
3. How can I garrison units inside the Roman forts in the scenario editor, so they don't become Gaia's when I start playing? (I was told this will be solved for A22)

Please, feel free to comment, download it, explore it or try to repair it. I hope we can resolve these errors (I really have no idea how to do so) so we all can play this scenario that took me time to improve and that I really want to try out. Thank you!

screenshot0056r.png

• Like 2

Hello, I'm glad to see the map developmet was useful.

Regarding the errors:

7 hours ago, Lankusnav said:

1. The AI, doesn't not attack, build, create units, nor make any attempt to win. Just defend.

Don't know why or how to fix this. I'm a newbie still :-D

2. Many errors appear in cascade as I load it to play, and I guess they have something to do with the AI unactivity.

No clues with this, however I have experienced my editor crashing with heigthmaps import. I use the x64 GNU/Linux version. Might error be related to this?

3. How can I garrison units inside the Roman forts in the scenario editor, so they don't become Gaia's when I start playing? (I was told this will be solved for A22)

Despite this editor limitation I take it into accout as a disadvantage of the Roman player so if the player does not take into account this he/she will loose the advantage of roman forts.

If the Scorpio units issue remains (they couldn't be deleted or modified), they might be possible to find them and delete them in the XML file by an XML editor. Do you know which uid these scorpions have?

Hi Viridis,

I'm glad to hear from you :) Hopefully other people will help to find a solution to these issues.

About the scorpios Lion.Kanzen said: "Possible they are actors and not an entity". So maybe they are not the reasson for the problems. I don't know which uid they have.

Have you tried to play the developed maps I uploaded in your Linux? I use Windows, by the way.

Yes, I have tried them. Same cascade errors. I will have a look to javascript logs if I find where are they stored, any clue on that?

If you achieve something before, please notify it on the forum.

Regards.

Regarding the errors:

On 11/5/2017 at 8:23 AM, Lankusnav said:

No clues with this, however I have experienced my editor crashing with heigthmaps import. I use the x64 GNU/Linux version. Might error be related to this?

Despite this editor limitation I take it into accout as a disadvantage of the Roman player so if the player does not take into account this he/she will loose the advantage of roman forts.

If the Scorpio units issue remains (they couldn't be deleted or modified), they might be possible to find them and delete them in the XML file by an XML editor. Do you know which uid these scorpions have?

To select actors (which are just graphics, no impact on gameplay) press Alt. (This and a few other things that might be useful are mentioned in the Atlas Manual.) For logs (and also where to place maps when installing them (assuming that they aren't in a mod, and even if they were the information would be there)) see the game data paths wiki page.

• Like 3

Thank you Leper!

I just deleted the scorpios following your advice. And I found the scenarios were set as "demo" (map tab/ keywords). I turned off that option as well. But the problem with AI's inactivity and the error cascade still there.

22 hours ago, viridis said:

Yes, I have tried them. Same cascade errors. I will have a look to javascript logs if I find where are they stored, any clue on that?

Regards.

Regarding the errors:

I have no clue yet.

Sure, let's keep communicating through here if we make any progress.

If anyone has idea or want to try, please, we still need help to solve these errors, so we all can play these scenarios.

Regards!

I have found the origin of the JavaScript errors while playing. In the XML there are some entities from an unexistent Player 3. Just search "<Player>3" string to find them and thelete the whole <Entity> tag (from <Entity> to </Entity>) In all Player 3 entities.

leper: I am looking for the logs from the Javascript console, and in the data Paths that appear in the wiki I cannot find this.

LankusnavGlad to hear you removing the scorpions, but... have you uploaded the map? I have found no link in your post. If you upload it again I can fix the XML part. And then focus on the Petra AI inactivity.

Regards.

Regarding the errors: