0AD Discord Server

OuGaming

Dear 0ad community.

Since I have not found any other Discord Server for 0ad I made one myself. I will link new Discord Servers below. It would be possible to give all rights to the WFG-Team to make an this an official Server.

Yours, Chris

Discord Server list:

(Mainly German) 0ADCommunityServer: https://discord.gg/xc7rHuZ

(Language??) Latinoamerica: https://discord.gg/HBqxrE8

(International Mod server): https://discord.gg/cwp99Wj

Edited by OuGaming
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

A moderar, es un servicio tipo skype o tipo Teamspeak 3 ( y se pude usar desde el móvil.  para juegos entonces hice un para 0 A.D Latino( no puedo hacer uno español castellano o ibérico) necesito que los chicos se porten bien.

Ahh, ser moderador si no, es una tarea que consume mucho tiempo y para eso si no tengo habilidades :P

• 2 months later...

It seems that Discord is getting more and more users (cause it is trendy) and it's cool because people like to chat with other members of their (game) community but I think it also has awful terms of service rules (especially for open-source projects):

By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service.

Edited by xanax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xanax said:

It seems that Discord is getting more and more users (cause it is trendy) and it's cool because people like to chat with other members of their (game) community but I think it also has awful terms of service rules (especially for open-source projects):

If the quoted part is what is causing controversy I'd say there's really no need to worry. It does really just say that they can use content transmitted via their service in the operation of their service. I'd say that license is probably required to at all be able to run such a service (if they can't display it, how can you see what someone else writes? If they can't create derivate works, how can they say create thumbnails of images or things like that? If they can't publish it, how can someone else see what you write? etc), the "perpetual" part is probably a bit unnecessary, but otherwise it'd be hard to create logs - or the license would have to define a set limit. Not sure there are logs, but if there are =)

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Not sure what you want me to do here :unsure:

• Like 1

a official Discord server is a old wish.....When the sever is linked on the 0Ad homepage more people found the server and can play together and don't frusted on the ki because good players can help bad players to learn this game...(sry for my bad english...iam from Germany)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The question is whether the purposes of the two IRC chat rooms are the same as the purpose of the chat room requested. I'm familiar with the purpose of #0ad-dev, but not sure about #0ad yet. If there is a much bigger crowd joining an existing or new room (especially players) may require additional moderation.

So the question is, what exactly do intend to use the Discord room for? Voice chat? Organizing matches? Discussing features and balancing? Chatting during the game? One might also consider bridging the multiplayer lobby with Discord if the purposes lie more within the lobby chat than the IRC chat. There must be a clear purpose analysis so that we can deliver what is wanted and adapt the circumstances to achieve these purposes.

• Like 4