Changes in the unit interface

borg-

Hi guys!!!

I come here to discuss a change in the interface of the units / constructions. It's something that has bothered me a lot, for several reasons. 

g.png.e544c7b585f906450cb9ee38faccf56e.png

You need to leave your mouse over icon for some time, until important information is shown, and even then they are confusing, have poor allocation, letters are small and not have icons.

It sounds like something unimportant but it is not, in some other rts games, when you evolve your drives, the drive model also changes, so you know that drive is upgraded, and you take care of it. At 0 A.D this does not happen, so you can not tell if the drives are upgraded, you need to click them, leave the mouse on the icon for some time, and then you can see a lot of confusing information.

What I would like to see is something like this:

270139-aok_004.jpg.378c4bfbbf0cc682159b17b2356b4d01.jpg

It's something simple and clean, just with a few icons, showing, atack/armors/atackrang.

Of course a few more things can be added, and also, the other information does not have to be taken, they can stay where they are.

This way it is much easier to see and you do not waste time looking for the information you need. I have seen some players complaining about losing fights and only then did they see that the enemy units were much stronger. And I dare you to say, that some players do not know that this information exists, because they have never tried to leave the mouse over the icon.

Age of empires 2 is just one of the good examples we have, it does not have to be identical. What do you guys think? He gave his opinions and suggestions.

Tnx :D

• Like 6

I don't know if you noticed, but there are a lot more numbers in our screenshot ...

Our attack/defense model is just a lot more complicated with a lot more different parameters, and players need to know that.

It might be good to enlarge the area though, so there's no line wrapping

• Like 3

I said that the current does not need to be withdrawn, he can keep all his information, I just like to see only the most important information.

Exemple:

atack (icon) value/value

armor (icon) value/value

range (icon) value

Atack speed (icon) value

move speed (icon) value

If the player needs more information, he uses the old system.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

What should be seen in the attack part? We have hack, pierce and crush. Same goes for armour.

I noticed you don't list the capture attack, do you want it to be removed?

The loot also shouldn't? be listed?

I think there is in particular a problem with the portuguese appearance, because the attack-speed is on a separate line, but in the english version it's on the same line.

It is correct that having icons would make the text shorter and thus quicker to read.

Existing icons are found in binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/icons/ if you have some ideas which should be used. Probably don't have the right size.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, elexis said:

What should be seen in the attack part? We have hack, pierce and crush. Same goes for armour.

I noticed you don't list the capture attack, do you want it to be removed?

The loot also shouldn't? be listed?

I think there is in particular a problem with the portuguese appearance, because the attack-speed is on a separate line, but in the english version it's on the same line.

It is correct that having icons would make the text shorter and thus quicker to read.

Existing icons are found in binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/icons/ if you have some ideas which should be used. Probably don't have the right size.

The three types of attacks can be placed, separated perhaps by "/" a previously used example.

capture/loot can be included, all with an icon and its value, would then be much clearer and easier to understand.

Edited by borg-

I prefer that format the Loot has employed (Following from that Bamboo Spearman Example):

Attack: (Hack Icon) 3, (Pierce Icon) 2.5, (Rate Icon) 1
Defense: (Hack Icon) 5, (Pierce Icon) 5, (Crush Icon) 15
Capture: (I don't know what to do with this part)
Speed: (Walk Icon) 8.5, (Run Icon) 15
Loot: (Experience Icon) 100, (Food Icon) 5, (Wood Icon) 5

• Like 4

• 2 years later...