Lion.Kanzen

• 2 months later...

Mining and Oaxaca places.

Oaxaca was rich in gold mining before Spaniards arriving.

The central region of Oaxaca during the late Postclassic period (1300-1521 AD) was known throughout Mesoamerica for the work of the Mixtec and Zapotec goldsmiths. In addition to the Mixtec-Zapoteca area, there were other regions within the current state of Oaxaca where gold objects were manufactured. One of these areas is the Sierra Norte. However, although several gold objects have been found in the state of Oaxaca, both in an archaeological context and outside it, the different aspects that formed part of the process of manufacturing gold objects are practically unknown. Likewise, there is no clear idea of the location of the different placers that were exploited in pre-Hispanic times by the different groups. The objective of this presentation is to point out the different pleasures of the Central Valleys, the Mixteca and the Sierra where it is known that gold was washed both in the pre-Hispanic and early colonial times.

Resultado de imagen para mixteca alta

this place in Oaxaca named as Mixteca Alta (alta means high) 

ter 1990, p. 100). The most important lordships that emerged at this stage in Oaxaca were those of Mixtec origin. Adjacent to the central valley of Oaxaca, in what is known as the Mixteca Alta, is the Yanhuitlan-Nochixtlan valley. The terrain of the valley is flat and has an approximate extension of 250 km2. Although it presents unfavorable conditions for agriculture, the valley was fully inhabited at the end of the pre-Hispanic period. In this valley have been found associated with burials, several gold objects whose work demonstrates the skill of the Mixtec goldsmiths The Mixtec and Oaxaca valley were a desirable spoils for the Mexica, so the Mexican ruler Ahuizotl undertook the expansion of the impero to the southeast of the basin of Mexico. So by 1502, Ahuizotl conquered the Mixtec-Zapoteco territory (Marcus, 1983). Based on the information given in the Matrícula de Tributos, the province of Coixtlahuaca, where Yanhuitlan was included, was to pay to the Mexicas twenty jícaras of gold powder per year. The gold must have come from the rivers that crossed the Yanhuitlan-Nochixtlan valley. Once the Spaniards conquered the Mixteca Alta they began to look for gold in the rivers of this valley. According to colonial documents, in Yanhuitlan there were several pleasures from which the precious mineral could be obtained. Indeed, in the eleventh plate of the Codex Yanhuiltlan (Figure 2), we can see several scenes of people washing the earth from the rivers to obtain gold nuggets (Jiménez Moreno 1940, ). In this one, you see at least two toponyms that would be included in what was the lordship of Yanhuitlan. Before continuing, it is necessary to say that the word Yanhuitlan is a Nahuatl word that means "new place". Yanhuitlan's place glyph is illustrated in the Codex

it look like similar to Delend Est.

During the Postclassic period, the city of Monte Albán was almost completely abandoned. Around 1200 A.D. the city was inhabited again although not in its totality, but with it some of the housing units and tombs built by the Zapotecos in the previous stages were reoccupied. The city possibly functioned more as an economic-commercial centre than as a political or religious enclave (Blanton, 1983). The valley of Oaxaca, like the Mixteca, was conquered by the Mexicas. As part of the tributary provinces of this empire, the Zapotecs and Mixtecs of the valley had to deliver to the Mexicans diverse objects, among them were blankets of something.

Imagen relacionada

Resultado de imagen para valle oaxaca

Oaxaca Valley.

Resultado de imagen para mixteca altalibro.png?zoom=1.5&resize=662%2C331

You don't forget the pines from Mesoamerican hills and mountains.

Imagen relacionada

When the Mexicas conquered this area, the inhabitants of the province of Tuxtepec, Chinantecos, Mazatecos-Popolocas and others had to pay as a tribute a gold diadem, a gold squeeze for the head of a long hand and the thickness of a parchment, two strings of gold beads, one of them with bells, 20 bezotes of amber set in gold and another 20 bezotes of rock crystal also set in gold. If we compare the three tributary provinces that belonged to the Mexicas at the end of the Late Postclassic, we find that the province of Tuxtepec was one of those that delivered a greater tribute in objects finished in gold.

Resultado de imagen para tuxtepec

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_oocarpa

very extended pine tree.

Resultado de imagen para pinus oocarpa

This species ranges from latitudes of 14° to 29° north, including western Mexico, Guatemala and the higher elevations of Honduras, El Salvador and northwestern Nicaragua. An average temperature of 15 to 24 °C (59 to 75 °F) and annual rainfall of 1,000–1,900 mm (39–75 in) are needed for best development. Preferred elevations are 900–2,400 m (3,000–7,900 ft) above sea level. In El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua it grows above 800 m (2,600 ft). Pinus oocarpa var. trifoliata grows between 2,000 and 2,400 m (6,600 and 7,900 ft) above sea level.

Pinus oocarpa range map 1.png

Pinus pseudostrobus Cerro Pelon.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_pseudostrobus

Pinus pseudostrobus range map 1.png

this last see very common in Oaxaca, i see this in my own town but i'm not sure where.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:22 AM, Sundiata said:

Jesus speaking Zapotec language :lmao:(Don't know why I think it's so funny. It's not like English makes any more sense or anything...)

It reminds me lot of that time those 2 American Mormon missionaries showed up at my door here in Ghana. They had pamphlets depicting Jesus Christ in the Americas. They claimed that after his resurrection, Jesus visited the Americas. Some of the Native Americans were supposedly beautiful white people, but because of their wickedness, God cursed them with a dark skin instead... They also claim that the Garden of Eden was somewhere in North America... 

I said I wasn't interested in pamphlets, only original material. So they actually gave me the Book of Mormon. I tried reading it, but it's honestly just an unreadable piece of fraudulent garbage. 

At least they were friendly fellows.

jesus-heal-nephites-america-mormon.jpg.b7c326545d23ba8cf6c5625350635b2f.jpg

christ-in-th-americas.thumb.jpg.eb3ffc9afdf642c4f668f2b32dfd7bc7.jpg

I mean, what the fudge...?!

I did not know that my ancestors were 2 meter Aryans.

Interesting.

That explains the envy of Guatemala xD

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe there are no names for Zapotec heroes yet, I read an interesting article about Zapotec writing and there are some calendar names discovered from the kings of Mount Alban.

link :http://www.famsi.org/zapotecwriting/zapotec_figures1-2.pdf

The pdf also has representations credited to kings, including the jaguar-shaped headdress symbol of Monte Alban royalty.265794895_rulersmontealban.thumb.png.561c14ac6eb04cdce7a7d1b3d53b45c2.png

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sax said:

Hey guys, where do you need help with the zapotecs, what is currently being worked on? I've only seen a couple of screenshots of the zapotec faction in google and I have some thoughts, but what is needed?

Heroes...

language. the script for audio files.

and some great background for main menu. (yes another.)

may be more accuracy. more details.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 5:22 PM, Sundiata said:

Jesus speaking Zapotec language :lmao:(Don't know why I think it's so funny. It's not like English makes any more sense or anything...)

It reminds me lot of that time those 2 American Mormon missionaries showed up at my door here in Ghana. They had pamphlets depicting Jesus Christ in the Americas. They claimed that after his resurrection, Jesus visited the Americas. Some of the Native Americans were supposedly beautiful white people, but because of their wickedness, God cursed them with a dark skin instead... They also claim that the Garden of Eden was somewhere in North America... 

I said I wasn't interested in pamphlets, only original material. So they actually gave me the Book of Mormon. I tried reading it, but it's honestly just an unreadable piece of fraudulent garbage. 

At least they were friendly fellows.

jesus-heal-nephites-america-mormon.jpg.b7c326545d23ba8cf6c5625350635b2f.jpg

christ-in-th-americas.thumb.jpg.eb3ffc9afdf642c4f668f2b32dfd7bc7.jpg

I mean, what the fudge...?!

Yeah Mormons are a cult actually, let's say that there is a load of nonsense in the Book of Mormon. They are not considered part of mainstream Christianity.

Edited by Rolf Dew
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Heroes...

language. the script for audio files.

and some great background for main menu. (yes another.)

may be more accuracy. more details.

Perhaps there is the possibility of another champion unit, this time an offensive, perhaps a "noble warrior" or "champion warrior of the ball game ".
I tried to look for more names of Zapotec kings but nothing quite right besides those.

Cocijoeza was a historical figure during the time of the Huey Tlatoani Ahuizotl. As ruler of the Zapotec kingdom of Zaachila, he initially lost Mitla and Hueyxacac (both were sacked), yet managed to recover control of both cities while the aztec forces continued onwards unto the Soconusco, and forced Ahuizotl into a stalemate at the seige of Guiengola.
A secondary potential hero is Zaachila I (founder of the Zaachila Dynasty) or Cosiiopii/Zaachila III (who expanded the frontiers of his kingdom greatly, and attempted but failed to reconquer Monte Alban from the Mixtecs). One of these, likely the latter, had a legendary rivalry with the now borderline mythical mixe King Konkoy (Condoy), part of a series of longstanding confrontations between the two peoples. 
I believe we know a few Zapotec Kings of the Monte Alban heydays, but it's probably best to go with postclassic zapotecs and include them with the general Mesoamerican mod.

Regarding accuracy, I'm afraid their are actually quite a few flaws, both in units and architecture that I took notice of. I'd suggest (if possible) to replace the models of a lot of those structures, and have pictures of examples that would be useful, with possible variants in accordance to levels and just variety for the sake of variety. This includes such things as defensive walls, central palaces, market place, etc. I'd also have a couple of unit suggestions, though I wonder what other mesoamerican faction are you thinking of including?
The Mixtecs share quite a lot of history with the zapotecs and might justifiably be included within the same faction, though just as easily could be a similar rival faction akin Athens vs Sparta.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:36 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Resultado de imagen para zapotec deviant art pre classic

Aztec and Zapotecs from left to right.

Actually it's Zapotecs to Mixtecs from left to right. The furthest left represents a zapotec warrior as taken from the Codex Telleriano Remensis, while the furthest right is taken from the Codex Selden. It's likely there was a bit of overlap.

• 1 year later...

With a possible update of the Terra Magna mod in anticipation I am really concerned with the Zapotecs, currently they are practically unplayable, but I believe that a little attention to them can further enrich this beautiful mod.

1- Lack of Hero Units:
 I believe it is one of the worst features missing, I did a while ago a post on the forum about this unit , I still have it on my computer. I believe that at least one generic heroic unit would be needed, but the preferable would be 3.

2- Lack of champion combat units:
 At that time in Mesoamerica the nobility / royalty was actively involved in wars, I believe that a noble unit (spear shield and cotton armor) would be suitable for this role. In the future we could add extravagant touches to them as well as jade jewels in their texture.

3- Lack of special structures:
 We already have the ball court in the mod, just add them with a special structure together with an aura, I believe that something like the Greek Theater or Iberian monument is the appropriate one.

Cool things you can add

1- Zapotec female texture from the Delenda Est mod, something that would really do well to the Zapotec female units, in the future we can add a variation on their hairstyle (I am predisposed to help if there is no 3d artist available).

2- Animail turkey of the pre colonial mod, something that I believe to be essential, since it is a correct animal for the Zapotec corral with evidence of creation since the pre-classical period.

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-15-51.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-16-21.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-14-45.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-13-48.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-20-00.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Lopess said:

With a possible update of the Terra Magna mod in anticipation I am really concerned with the Zapotecs, currently they are practically unplayable, but I believe that a little attention to them can further enrich this beautiful mod.

1- Lack of Hero Units:
 I believe it is one of the worst features missing, I did a while ago a post on the forum about this unit , I still have it on my computer. I believe that at least one generic heroic unit would be needed, but the preferable would be 3.

2- Lack of champion combat units:
 At that time in Mesoamerica the nobility / royalty was actively involved in wars, I believe that a noble unit (spear shield and cotton armor) would be suitable for this role. In the future we could add extravagant touches to them as well as jade jewels in their texture.

3- Lack of special structures:
 We already have the ball court in the mod, just add them with a special structure together with an aura, I believe that something like the Greek Theater or Iberian monument is the appropriate one.

Cool things you can add

1- Zapotec female texture from the Delenda Est mod, something that would really do well to the Zapotec female units, in the future we can add a variation on their hairstyle (I am predisposed to help if there is no 3d artist available).

2- Animail turkey of the pre colonial mod, something that I believe to be essential, since it is a correct animal for the Zapotec corral with evidence of creation since the pre-classical period.

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-15-51.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-16-21.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-14-45.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-13-48.png

Captura de tela de 2021-03-08 15-20-00.png

very nicely done, you can also do pull requests which i can merge.

• Like 1

Hello guys, i'm new in the forum and in the game :)

I'm very interesting in contribute at the game, I started to contribute in the terramagna mod updating the paths  and updating reference to base units/structures, etc. I just waiting for review.

I'm from Puebla, Mexico and I loved if I can help to improve the mexican civs :P

I have a friend, she can help to create more building or units I just know how can we start to contribute in our end?

42 minutes ago, dmouse said:

I'm very interesting in contribute at the game, I started to contribute in the terramagna mod updating the paths  and updating reference to base units/structures, etc. I just waiting for review.

I'm from Puebla, Mexico and I loved if I can help to improve the mexican civs :P

I have a friend, she can help to create more building or units I just know how can we start to contribute in our end?

Be welcome! I saw your work on the terra magna github, I am waiting for the review to merge some changes for the Zapotecs. Feel free to check out the pre colonial mod. We are currently having some problems with alpha 24 compatibility. It is always good to know that we have more Latin Americans on the forum lol.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dmouse said:

Otro poblano en el foro(eso es bueno) :v

¿Tu eres el que me mando un correo?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Trinketos said:

Otro poblano en el foro(eso es bueno) :v

¿Tu eres el que me mando un correo?

universosaul?  xD si! vi tu perfil en el proyecto del pre-colonial y te escribi :P

Le voy a echar un ojo al pre colonial, aun no lo he instalado, solo leido un poco el codigo

UPDATE:

ya no puedo publicar mas post por hoy, asi que le sigo en este

Voy a ver como ayudar en el codigo.

Creo que mi primer pregunta es como puedo ayudar con los modelos en blender? cual seria el primero con el que necesitan ayuda?

UPDATE 2:

logre echar a andar un poco el juego, hay un problema con el mod, parece que al tener los archivos base del mod public este toma los que estan en el mod y no los de 0ad

1608667148_Screenshotfrom2021-03-0821-37-44.png

UPDATE 3:

Ya lo hice funcionar al menos necesito un poco de contexto del recurso del agua, ese esta dando problemas a la hora de crear el indicador en el panel de recursos

Edited by dmouse
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Explico lo que hice:

En el mod hay muchos de los templates base que tiene 0ad por defecto y estan desactualizados, lo ideal seria crear unos templates propios que extiendan de los originales para no tener que esta actualizando los del mod constantemente.

Los archivos dentro de maps/random tambien los tuve que quitar por que causan conflictos con los originales.

Los archivos de session.js y session.xml pasa lo mismo.

Actualice los paths para que todos cumplan con la nueva estructura de carpeta y he simulado varios juego, ya son jugables los Zapotecas y los Toltecas.

Falta agregar el nuevo edicio de "arsenal" a las civs, ya lo hice para los zapo y tolt

Has aqui mi reporte joaquin

(perdon por los acentos, no lo tengo en el teclado :()

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1