Aoe 2 design document

av93

AH, we read the same link :) 

I've found it remarkably interesting, particularly how many ideas they tried and ended giving up, particularly since a few of them we've had too.

I really like how they intended to do capturing by having buildings become disabled when below 20%, and then whoever repaired them would gain control. I feel like that's far less intrusive, more realistic, and just better than our current system overall…

• Like 5

On 3/21/2017 at 2:56 AM, wraitii said:

AH, we read the same link :) 

I've found it remarkably interesting, particularly how many ideas they tried and ended giving up, particularly since a few of them we've had too.

I really like how they intended to do capturing by having buildings become disabled when below 20%, and then whoever repaired them would gain control. I feel like that's far less intrusive, more realistic, and just better than our current system overall…

Actually, that's pretty much what I do (at least for the stronger buildings). I tear them down until the garrisoned units are forced to evacuate, then quickly claim, repair, and garrison my own units inside. I guess the difference would be determining which player to give the structure to if multiple players are repairing it at once.

• Like 1